What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Good workout this morning, Cardio and Core.

Stretched

64 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 139/164
    31mintes walking on the treadmill: heart rate avg/max: 127/137

27 minutes of core work:
    Crunches: 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25
    Kettlebell side swings, each side: 5*16@30
    Toe Touches: 5*10
    Planks: 4*30 seconds.

Stretched
  • BigMech
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    So stupid much sweat, even with the overhead fan on: Drops falling on the phone (because I was playing games), getting in my eyes (despite the sweatband) . . . all despite the relatively low energy input, and a house temp in mid-60s F. SMH.

I got a stand fan with a remote off of Amazon for $40. That why I can turn on/up the fan as I warm up and start sweating during my workout. I put it right in front of the bike or treadmill, works pretty well. A hand towel to dry off with helps as well.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    BigMech wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    So stupid much sweat, even with the overhead fan on: Drops falling on the phone (because I was playing games), getting in my eyes (despite the sweatband) . . . all despite the relatively low energy input, and a house temp in mid-60s F. SMH.

I got a stand fan with a remote off of Amazon for $40. That why I can turn on/up the fan as I warm up and start sweating during my workout. I put it right in front of the bike or treadmill, works pretty well. A hand towel to dry off with helps as well.

Great idea! I do turn on the ceiling fan if I remember, which helps . . . but a remote to control a fan would be even more helpful. I absolutely do have a towel on the bike, and keep one next to the rowing machine during those workouts - even that 1 inch of forehead below my sweatband sweats enough to swamp my bushy eyebrows and sting my eyes.

If sweating lots was a monetizable talent, I'd be a rich woman 😆 - I don't even need to be working that hard to be drenched.

Thanks for the tip, @BigMech!
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    32 minutes of "biking" in Iceland on iFit.
  • AnnPT77
    edited January 2023
    Options
    More stationary bike, 60 minutes plus 3 minute cool down. Pretty much like usual, just set off and hold whatever pace feels natural (with a little thought to the length of the planned piece), ended up a little slower than the last equal-length effort. 🤷‍♀️ This time, 91W on the hour part, 72W on the CD; overall HR average 122bpm (68% HRmax), peak 133bpm (74%). Almost entirely Z2 (92%).

Like most days, I did some random things I don't usually mention, while doing other stuff around the house: Side leg raises, bent leg back kicks, low squat holds, . . . .
  • BigMech
    Options
    Good workout this morning. I'm back to work after Christmas vacation, so up early to get this one in.

Stretched

32 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 136/163
    21 minutes walking on the treadmill, heart rate avg/max: 129/143

55 minutes lifting weights:

Leg press: 15@210, 12@300, 10@390, 8@480, 6@530, 6@530, Drop set: 6@530, 6@480, 6@390, 8@300, 10@210
    Crunches: 20, 20, 20, 20, 20
    Romanian Deadlifts: 10@95, 8@145, 6@165, 6@185, 5@205, Drop set: 4@225, 4@185, 6@145, 8@95
    Landmine Twists, each side: 10@55, 10@65, 8@75, Drop set: 6@85, 6@75, 6@65, 6@55

Stretched

• janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Haven't updated in a while:
    I was sick most of December. My last work out was a sad, short hotel workout on a work trip. I got sick the day after returning and remained sick the rest of the month.

Saturday 12/31: Last gym sesh of 2022! I did legs (squats, RDLs) and some lat pull down variations. Felt good but my legs were sore the next day.

Monday 1/2: I did a BodyPump class at the gym. It was good. The only segment that really kills me is arms. I am not good at pushups.

Today I was going do chest/arms but my back is touchy (history of severe back injuries & chronic pain) and my knee feels like the start of runner's knee, so today is going to be rest/yoga/stretching.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: 45 minutes of doing laps around a buddy's shop (gravel, dirt, grass) with 5-10 pushups, or squats each lap; 45 beginner yoga video with the boyfriend in the evening.

Today: 35 minutes weight training + 10 min stretching; 45 walk through a local greenway I found right across from my office (most days I work from home, so honestly hadn't really looked around the office before).
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Back on 10 December turned out to be my last gym workout of 2022, as I took a few days to let some niggling injuries heal up, which turned into a week, which turned into 3 weeks.

But as of yesterday, I'm back in the gym again, feeling almost back to normal (only lingering issue is my elbow). Yesterday was leg day Monday, and wow, the DOMS is rearing its ugly head! Not debilitating since I was smart and lifted only half the weight of before my break, but enough for my body to be asking me, "Dude, why did you take that break if this is how you feel upon the return?"

Today was back day, which to my pleasant surprise I was able to use pre-break weights. Waking up at 5am to hit the gym after two weeks of waking without alarms during vacation was a bit jarring, though. lol
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Thought I had time to do a 45-minute stationary bike piece (+ 3' CD) before getting read for a lunch date with a friend. Turned out I only had time for a 30' one, but did the 45' anyway once I was committed. 😆 So, 102W average on the 45', 84W on the 3' CD; overall, average HR 128bpm (71% HRmax), peak 136bpm (76%), over half Z3, rest below.

Then I went and ate battered fried mushrooms with a side of craft beer, so obviously this isn't all about calories. 🤣
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    36 minutes on an iFit bike ride.
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    75 minute martial arts class...its core week, so we did a lot of crunches too.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    I took off for a week or so because my son was home and I never get to see him. He also broke down in the middle of the desert (we live in Tucson and he's in San Diego -- six hour drive with most of it nothing). It was scary but ended up OK. He got a tow to a service shop after a trucker helped him out. But I drove 9 hours twice in six days, which also reinforced my not working out for a break.

Monday did lifting in the AM (lots of supersets) and then did five minute intervals on the LateralX and Assault Bike w/ one recovery. Yesterday was an hour of Steady State work on treadmill, LateralX and Assault Bike. Only doing rower currently on my hard days (but Monday was nasty outside so I did the Bike/Elliptical instead).
  • BigMech
    Options
    Good workout this morning, even though I wasn't really feeling it when I got up. I always feel better once I get a workout in.

Stretched

32 minutes on the spin bike, heart rate avg/max: 140/162
    21 minutes walking on the treadmill, heart rate avg/max: 131/142

52 minutes lifting weights:
    Superset: Barbell bench press, Lat Pulldowns, One-armed landmine overhead press
    Chest: 12@135, 8@165, 6@185, 5@195, Drop set: 4@205, 4@185, 5@165, 10@135
    Back: 12@110, 8@140, 6@160, 6@170, Drop set: 4@180, 4@160, 6@140, 10@110
    Shoulders: 12@55, 8@70, 8@80, 6@90, Drop set: 4@100, 4@90, 5@80, 6@70, 10@55

Superset: Rope triceps press-downs, Crunches, Dumbbell biceps curls, Landmine twists
    Triceps: 10@40, 8@50, Drop set: 6@60, 10@40
    Crunches: 25, 25, 25, 25
    Biceps: 10@25, 8@30, Drop set: 7@35, 10@25
    Landmine Twists, each side: 4*10@55

Stretched
  • BigMech
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Back on 10 December turned out to be my last gym workout of 2022, as I took a few days to let some niggling injuries heal up, which turned into a week, which turned into 3 weeks.

But as of yesterday, I'm back in the gym again, feeling almost back to normal (only lingering issue is my elbow). Yesterday was leg day Monday, and wow, the DOMS is rearing its ugly head! Not debilitating since I was smart and lifted only half the weight of before my break, but enough for my body to be asking me, "Dude, why did you take that break if this is how you feel upon the return?"

Today was back day, which to my pleasant surprise I was able to use pre-break weights. Waking up at 5am to hit the gym after two weeks of waking without alarms during vacation was a bit jarring, though. lol

Good to see you back at it!

The DOMS just let you know you did some good work, they will fade quick enough.

I definitely miss the later wakeup times during my vacation as well. Getting up at 4:30 is tough, but worth it.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    The 48-hour-post-leg-workout DOMS made an appearance this morning, moved like an old man for about a half hour after waking up before the blood started flowing again.

Today was push day in the weight room, which includes chest, shoulders and triceps. This first quarter of 2023 I'm doing a new routine which involves DB's and cables without the BB's, so these first few workouts of the year have been all about remembering how each exercise should feel along with figuring out an appropriate starting weight for when the workouts get real starting next week.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    This time, I tried to fit a 60 minute stationary bike ride (+ 3' CD) into a time slot more suited for a 45' ride, and barely made it to my osteopath appointment on time. You'd think I'd learn. But no.

So, 101W average on the 60', 84W on the CD. Overall, 24,942 pseudo-meters, HR average 127bpm (71% HRmax), HR peak 135bpm (75%), so over half Z2 and remainder below. I was feeling a little leg-fatigued by the end, just cumulative effect of recent volume, I guess.

I'm trying something new: Instead of playing games on my phone while biking, I'm watching the videos and reading the docs for a year-long art journaling class (Wanderlust) I signed up for. Obviously, that only works for Winter stationary biking, but hoping it will get me started and maybe reduce my game-play time. I think it'll mostly be one video a week, after the introductories, but we'll see.

Osteopath believes my shoulder issue is probably rotator cuff irritation, not likely actual tear or anything, nor recurrence of nerve impingement. He gave me some recommendations and cautions for the short run, and will be referring me for PT (because I'm a PT enthusiast ;) ) once I figure out where I want to go. He suggest I stay away from machine rowing for another week, see how things feel (since the recovery part of the stroke sometimes hurts).
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yoga today 🙏
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Climbing, 2 hours.

This was pretty decent. I got three new routes and quite a few repeats. One of the new ones was a terrifying slab; a balance stretch type thing with tiny, negative holds a long way apart. I got quite pumped at the end, as I spent quite a lot of time playing on dyno-y, thuggy, overhangs.