What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of free weights/machines in the gym (although I have a list of exercises I pick from I'm not as organised as @carolinepowell885 and didn't keep a record!). Also got an hour or so walk in locally at an Equestrian Cross Country course.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,971 Member
    Options
    Heavy upper body day, featuring 5x5 bench press and cable row. Felt like a monster today, weights were flying up and increasing.

After coming home, spent time collecting garbage for the weekly truck visit, including hauling super heavy bags filled with yard refuse. In terms of calories, I just added that time to my gym time for a total of 90 minutes.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    @AnnPT77, cutting down 15 ft. tall saplings?? That's some heavy duty yard work! I need to plant a few more azalea bushes soon in the backyard.

20 min run + 20 min walk with my senior labrador this morning. She was struggling in the heat. I think for the summer I'll need to do shorter runs with her, then circle back to the house and drop her off before setting out again. This way I'll also get a water break without having to carry it with me.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga
    15min

Iron Cardio.
    20 sets of clean, press, squat snatch (1 rep of each per side).
    160 reps.
    16kg
    20 min

HSPU - 6x4r (24)
    Chins - 6x6r (36)
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Today I got in a 65 min. bike ride, out to the lake and back.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Full body workout at the gym today, 45 minutes, plus 30 minute walk. Not as much as I'd like because of work but I knew that ahead of time which is why I hit the gym first thing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,049 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, Monday (US Memorial Day) another row in 2 seat of the quad, not very intense because we were trying to keep a rower in a single in sight most of the time for safety reasons, and we had some issues with boat set (staying level side to side).
  • nossmf
    Options
    Heavy leg day, featuring 5x5 deadlifts. Been very nice the last couple days, working a swing shift (starts 2pm) instead of day staff (starts 8am), so instead of waking at 4:30 to get a workout in, I slept in until 7 each day. When you actually get enough sleep, the workout really works out, kwim?

Tomorrow, however, is the first of two mid shifts (10pm-6am). I'll get my weekly cardio in before the first one, but no workout Thursday between mids as I'll be focusing on catching up on sleep. Am debating hitting the gym Friday after my second mid. Or more accurately, debating what I'll do that day, whether a second round of cardio or do a light lifting day. Probably will depend on how I'm feeling at that time.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Another all-too-functional workout, raking, shoveling, breaking up clumps in the heavy clay soil the stump-grinding guy brought up with his bobcat from my wild zone out back, when he took the wood chips out there to dump them. Also raking up some remaining wood chips, especially ones that were in my neighbor's lawn. (Tree stumps were along the property line.)

Still quite a bit to do there to break up clumps (after they dry more) and get the area to some kind of reasonable contour for re-seeding. Thinking I should add some gypsum (may even have some in the basement), and may need to bring in some compost and/or topsoil as well before reseeding.

Big fun.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    24 min. pool swim, then a 10 min. walk with the dog. Really overdid it biking yesterday--I had to keep a heating pad on my quads for a couple of hours before bed.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Hour on the elliptical, hills, 5.8 miles, 800 calories. Gives me lots of extra calories for the day, perfect for dealing with the snackies which always come when I stay up extra late, such as during a mid shift tonight.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Been under the weather for the past 24 hours, managed a 30 minute pilates floor workout (mainly core and glutes) this morning, then a 20 minute walk at lunchtime, but not pushing it any further than that today!
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Sat stroke seat in the quad, counting in my head the whole time as usual when stroking. (Stroke sets the cadence, and everyone's supposed to synchronize with stroke on square up, catch, release, arms away, body over, slide . . . well, actually on the same stuff in reverse in between catch and release, too - every body benchmark in the whole stroke cycle. This puts the onus on stroke to get this stuff technically correct and well-timed. Yikes.)

Last time I stroked, the row was kind of awful. I was worried it was me. Today's row - with a different lineup of rowers - went just fine, really well . . . so I think the problem wasn't me last time, at least not mostly/entirely.

Later, 3 mile walk at 3.6mph in about 90 degrees F and full sun, while my car was getting its oil changed and tires rotated. Garmin decided to anti-age me by a year in its claimed fitness age (33 to 32 🤣) . . . maybe as a bonus for that . . . I guess?
  • laurachambers86
    edited June 2023
    Options
    45 minute walk this morning, nothing special but good to be out in the countryside.

Was due to go to boxing class tonight but instructor cancelled so I went to the gym instead and did a full body workout, mainly focusing on different squats - Bulgarian split squat, one legged squat, standard and curtsy squats. Did some arm stuff but my tennis elbow is playing up a tiny bit so I didn't want to push it too much.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    I was stuck in mu car for four hours today for work related stuff, so have only managed a 45 minute walk and 20 minutes yoga this evening.