Time taken to loose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I’m estimating about a 10-12 months to lose about 55 lbs. I’ve been working at it for 10 weeks and have lost 19 lbs but I know it’s going to slow the closer I get to my goal.

I used to get discouraged by how long weight loss can take but now my thought is - I can be skinny in a year? That’s crazy! And remind myself that if I give up it’s just going to take even longer!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago it took me about 5-6 months to lose 25 lbs with my rate of loss set to 1 lb a week. I lost pretty steadily.

Had a health problem and gained about 10 lbs back and losing has not been as smooth/linear this time. This month I have lost 1 lb a week though.

You can have a generally idea how long it will take you to get to your goal by your selected rate of loss and if you are actually losing at that rate.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    20ish pounds in 8 months but I'm at the low end of my goal, losing slowly. Also crossing back and forth from losing to maintaining pretty frequently.
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lost 45 lbs in 6 months. Decided i needed a break so maintained for a year.
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Approximately 18 months, -187.4lbs. Still working on it, it's slowing down as I get lighter.
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    74lbs in 3.5 months
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Approximately 18 months, -187.4lbs. Still working on it, it's slowing down as I get lighter.

Why did this get woo'ed? :(
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I think because it indicates you lost at more than the recommended 2 lbs a week.
    But, I can only guess that you lost quite fast at the beginning, and then it evened out, or slowed.

It could also be a woohoo well done you.

Heck I get woos for the strangest posts. I used to wonder what I had done/said wrong, then realized it could be the woohoo, or even a scrolling error.

I scroll left handed and I have probably 'insightful-ed' a number of not too insightful posts.

Don't fret it.

Cheers, h.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This time around? 24 lbs in 3.5 months.