Tracey's OMAD Reboot

Options

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    You know what you've gotta do love, you've got this ;)
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tracey you totally have got this ---you are in control!!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    You've got this👍👏♥️
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    The weight has been creeping up each day since ending my fast. TOM started last night which explains why I had been craving and eating a bunch of carbs the past few days. I am not going to weigh myself again until TOM is over.

• volgirl1322
    Options
    I don't blame you one bit....TOM can add a lot for sure!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Good call - no point in stressing yourself out for no reason!!! It's just bloat :kissing_heart:
  • jadepearl
    Options
    When AF comes for her monthly visit, she will bring some weight gain too. Know how you feel❤️
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    The hubby and I are going on an impromptu vacation to...Orlando, Florida. The hubby said he needed a break so off we go for a week. We will be traveling with two other couples. He says this is a relaxing vacation so I don't know what we will be doing. I plan to stay on track as far as my eating goes.

• LadyBlanks
    Options
    Good Morning, I hope everyone is waking up to a most blessed Thursday. I just wanted to share I have come up with a new strategy with an OMAD IF 16/8 twist. I will be having one solid meal per day while also having my fatted coffee and chocolate kale shake within an 8 hour window. The plan looks like this and is now reflected in my food diary.

12pm coffee
    3pm chocolate kale shake
    between 4:30 & 8pm meal & dessert

back to fasting window at 8pm.
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Have a wonderful trip with your DH😘 and good luck with your OMAD IF 16/8 twist👍
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Enjoy your vaca! Your plan looks very good!!! You totally can do this!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Good luck with your plan, I think you'll do great!!! Have fun in Florida!!! :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSS VACA!!! Jealous!!! I like the new plan...feasible and enjoyable :)
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone,

Today's weight 167.1 pounds. I am not too upset with that weight because I got on the scale on Tuesday and it slapped me in the face with a weight of 172.5 pounds, so 167.1 pounds, I'll gladly take and run with.

Well, what I've been waiting for finally arrived. I purchased a Geno Palate Eat for your Genes Nutrition Profile and I got my results this morning. According to my genetic makeup, I should NOT be doing Keto. My report came back in regards to my macros as following:

Moderately High Total Carbohydrates (50% - 57% of my daily calories)
    Moderately Low Total Fat (24% - 31% of my daily calories)
    Moderately High Protein (20% to 25% of my daily calories)

As a result of this report, I changed my macros in MFP to 50% (150g) carbs, 28% (38) Fats, and 22% (65g) Protein)

Some of the other recommendations worth noting:

High Fiber
    Moderate Sugar
    High Omega-6 Fatty Acids and Moderate Omega-3 Fatty Acids
    Likely Sensitive to Lactose
    Not likely sensitive to gluten
    Fast Caffeine Metabolizer
    Low-Moderate Sodium

It also gave me some recommended foods to eat that match my genetic-based nutrition recommendations.

Majority of the fruit that was recommended are fruits that I do not like or have never even tried. (persimmon was on my list, I know it was discussed in someone's thread a bit back, I may just have to try them out now).

Various variety of greens were recommended for leafy vegetables of which I have no problem with.

In regards to meat, my genes thrive of the good stuff (pork baby back ribs, veal, Top and bottom round steak, pork shoulder, and porter house steak).

The seafood recommendations were not too bad.

Under breads, bagels were on the top of the list (3 kinds behind potato bread) whole wheat Naan and tapioca bread which I will have to research.

Peas and potatoes (sweet and russet) topped my list for starches and grains.

The recommendations for pasta included whole grain and whole wheat noodles, corn and quinoa pasta and corn pasta.

Sorry this was so long, I just wanted to share. I believe I will be changing my plan and cutting out the coffee since it turns out I don't need all of the fat.

Have a great weekend, I'll be off to Florida tomorrow if we don't get snowed in.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    That sounds so cool Tracey---had no clue anything like that existed, but it sounds very interesting for sure! Looking forward to all of your upcoming success ---your weight drop was amazing today too :)

Enjoy FL hoping you don't get snowed in :)B)

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    YOU'RE SO FANCY!!!! This is such cool results!!! It'll be interesting to see how it works!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    Options
    I was just thinking to myself; self, why are you making things to be more difficult than they have to be. Just go back to OMAD and eat your one meal and be done. You did it before, just do what you know to do.

I am going to do mindful eating while in Florida and get back to true OMAD when I get back.

I have to change my mantra to I only consume calories during my one meal. I have been tricking myself into thinking I am still doing OMAD if I only eat one solid meal, but in all actuality my coffee and chocolate kale shake were meals. I will go back to having my chocolate kale shake with my meal and just ditch the coffee all together unless I can manage to get myself to drink it black (YUK).

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    I was just thinking to myself; self, why are you making things to be more difficult than they have to be. Just go back to OMAD and eat your one meal and be done. You did it before, just do what you know to do.

I am going to do mindful eating while in Florida and get back to true OMAD when I get back.

I have to change my mantra to I only consume calories during my one meal. I have been tricking myself into thinking I am still doing OMAD if I only eat one solid meal, but in all actuality my coffee and chocolate kale shake were meals. I will go back to having my chocolate kale shake with my meal and just ditch the coffee all together unless I can manage to get myself to drink it black (YUK).

Yeahhhhhhhhhh calories are calories even if we don't think of them as a "meal" - and it's easy to talk ourselves into it...I've really found the OMAD part of it the easiest UNLESS I get out of the habit, then it's really tough - but as long as I stick to OMAD even on my cheat days, it's EASY PEEZY!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Exactly, Basic OMAD it is!!! :)<3
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Yes, KISS and you will get there😘