What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Redi Whip > Cool Whip. If I'm gonna pick any at all. It's weird, but I think I prefer those two just spooned into my mouth rather than on desserts and lattes and such.

And I'm on a hard shell taco lover all the way. Fight me lol.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Redi Whip > Cool Whip. If I'm gonna pick any at all. It's weird, but I think I prefer those two just spooned into my mouth rather than on desserts and lattes and such.

And I'm on a hard shell taco lover all the way. Fight me lol.

I am with you on the redi whip vs. cool whip debate
  • pancakerunner
    I do not like tea of any kind!
  • pancakerunner
    I think bundt cakes are dumb
  • pancakerunner
    senalay788 wrote: »

Will change your mind. For sure.

a0034372.jpg

I doubt it... I can do iced tea but really not into hot teas
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    edited December 2020

Will change your mind. For sure.

a0034372.jpg

I doubt it... I can do iced tea but really not into hot teas

idk about you, but...I should buy shares in this company! I go through bags of this stuff daily!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    soft shell tacos > hard

Yes, but you still have to cook the soft tortillas, even for a few seconds in a pan or on the grill.
    Big pet peeve of mine is when people just serve them raw right out of the package.

on this note, corn tortillas are the only way. flour tortillas are an abomination

Ehhhh depends on the application. Corn tortillas 100 percent are better for tacos.
    For fajitas or burritos, flour tortillas work better, but you have to COOK them...preferably charred for a few seconds on the grill.
  • pancakerunner
    soft shell tacos > hard

Yes, but you still have to cook the soft tortillas, even for a few seconds in a pan or on the grill.
    Big pet peeve of mine is when people just serve them raw right out of the package.

on this note, corn tortillas are the only way. flour tortillas are an abomination

Ehhhh depends on the application. Corn tortillas 100 percent are better for tacos.
    For fajitas or burritos, flour tortillas work better, but you have to COOK them...preferably charred for a few seconds on the grill.

You're gonna hate me... but burritos are not good
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    soft shell tacos > hard

Burritos are just fat, lazy tacos tho. Maybe meltier too, I guess. :wink:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    soft shell tacos > hard

Hahahahahaha!
  • pancakerunner
    soft shell tacos > hard

the thing about burritos is the stupdi amount of rice and beans!
  • SuzySunshine99
    soft shell tacos > hard

Yeah, for sure no rice in burritos...that's just something Chipotle does to make them bigger. More authentic burritos are very good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2020
    soft shell tacos > hard

Yeah, for sure no rice in burritos...that's just something Chipotle does to make them bigger. More authentic burritos are very good.

Wow I just looked up the difference and realized I’ve been having burritos my whole life, never tacos. I always called them soft shelled tacos, but by definition they are burrito because of how I wrap them.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Everyone should be eating tofu. No excuses.
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member

Care to elaborate?
    It's really good!
  • pancakerunner
    So I had chipotle today... Their salads and tacos are so under rated. The burritos and bowls are overrated
  • SuzySunshine99

Nah.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member

I love tofu and have several containers of different kinds. Although there may be people sensitive to soy, it often gets a false bad rap. The processed, GMO soy products and isolates with hexane are the issue. NOT tofu, tempeh, edamame.

MILK- dairy is NOT for humans.