Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,261 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,261 Member
    cold oatmeal > hot

oatmeal with a ton of toppings is gross
  • frankwbrownfrankwbrown Member, Premium Posts: 644 Member Member, Premium Posts: 644 Member
    Nutella is an oversweet insult to both chocolate and hazelnuts.

Agreed. Chocolate and hazelnut done right would be a Ferrero Rocher or two, or four, or ...
  • frankwbrownfrankwbrown Member, Premium Posts: 644 Member Member, Premium Posts: 644 Member
    I dislike... no, hate is the right word... mustard: yellow mustard, spicy mustard, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon (something did!), any kind of mustard...
    Even a dab of mustard the size of a mustard seed is too much for me!
    edited December 2020
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,261 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,261 Member
    I dislike... no, hate is the right word... mustard: yellow mustard, spicy mustard, Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon (something did!), any kind of mustard...

I could eat it by the spoon!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 8,403 Member Member Posts: 8,403 Member

^^and that would be the total opposite of me...but I agree with you about 'Nutella' - I've made my own version of a Hazelnut/dark chocolate spread and is pretty good. But yes, Ferrero Rocher rocks

@pancakerunner - I'm down with that...and have done it!
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

^^and that would be the total opposite of me...but I agree with you about 'Nutella' - I've made my own version of a Hazelnut/dark chocolate spread and is pretty good. But yes, Ferrero Rocher rocks

@pancakerunner - I'm down with that...and have done it!

Yes! Stone ground especailly
  • JessAndreiaJessAndreia Member Posts: 439 Member Member Posts: 439 Member
    Taco Bell (burrito and taco) is some of the worst food I've ever tasted.
  • AndreaTamiraAndreaTamira Member, Premium Posts: 174 Member Member, Premium Posts: 174 Member

Try Bavarian sweet mustard if you ever have the chance. You may still hate it, but it honestly tastes very different to any other mustard I can think of, so you may not.

Try Bavarian sweet mustard if you ever have the chance. You may still hate it, but it honestly tastes very different to any other mustard I can think of, so you may not.

Thanks. I'll try it, if I ever get a chance. I"ve acquired a taste for other foods I didn't like at one time: bell peppers and cilantro are two that come to mind.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 4,632 Member Member Posts: 4,632 Member
    I love mustard, too. But can’t imagine eating a spoonful. For me, “a little dab’ll do ya”
  • pger98pger98 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I do not understand why you have to put Avocado on everything and say it is healthy! I have tried. Oh and Built Bars......gross
  • pger98pger98 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Shrimp make me physically ill just looking at them.

As I get older, I agree.
  • kelly_c_77kelly_c_77 Member Posts: 5,640 Member Member Posts: 5,640 Member

SAME!
    cold oatmeal > hot

Yum. (had hot apple and brown sugar oatmeal w/ blackberries this morning)

Habanero peppers
  • raymax4raymax4 Member Posts: 6,053 Member Member Posts: 6,053 Member
    cold oatmeal > hot

slimy oatmeal is gross but if you don't over cook it and combine with some fruit it can be delightful
    cold oatmeal > hot

Yum. (had hot apple and brown sugar oatmeal w/ blackberries this morning)

Habanero peppers

oops! got this confused with the Yum or Yuck thread. :D

I love habanero peppers, and hot pepper sauces. Though, I've never tried the ghost pepper or Carolina Reaper, etc.
    Products marketing toward kids should not be allowed
  • chris89topherchris89topher Member Posts: 266 Member Member Posts: 266 Member

I eat a ton of mustard, and could also eat it by the spoon. Basically I love anything vinegar-y I guess. 😁🥄
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,051 Member Member Posts: 6,051 Member

I eat a ton of mustard, and could also eat it by the spoon. Basically I love anything vinegar-y I guess. 😁🥄

Same!! I definitely wouldn't do that now, but as a kid I used to drink vinegar and franks hot sauce straight from the bottle I loved and craved it so much. Wonder if I had something wrong in my diet that was causing me to have such strong cravings for vinegar, lol. Also love pickles.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,051 Member Member Posts: 6,051 Member
    Plain Starbucks coffee is disgusting and bitter. Only the blonde roast is somewhat tolerable, and only after adding tons of almond milk, stevia and flavored coffee syrup