What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Sometimes I feel like my job is going to drive me to drink but...I'm not a drinker. My vice is definitely anything sweet...cookies, cake, candy...just non alcoholic sweets. :)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like my job is going to drive me to drink but...I'm not a drinker. My vice is definitely anything sweet...cookies, cake, candy...just non alcoholic sweets. :)

Me too. I only really like alcohol when it doesn't taste like alcohol. There's only been one or two times in my life where I was "driven to drink" but I think it that case making the drink helped me more (as a distraction) than the actual drink.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

oh man, same. i consider myself lucky that I am not prone to drinking though
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    @RelCanonical @pancakerunner Once we had a client bring us these mini liqueur filled chocolate bottles.

That...was...a...dilemma...and a half!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    I don't drink at all but do like Baily's Irish cream and Kailua with Hot chocolate, Chocolate liquors and Run cookies! :p
  • pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I don't drink at all but do like Baily's Irish cream and Kailua with Hot chocolate, Chocolate liquors and Run cookies! :p

local chocolate place has both bailey's and Kalua chocolate truffles :)
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Lobster isn’t good.
  • pancakerunner
    Lobster isn’t good.

I prefer crab myself
  • elmusho1989
    elmusho1989 Posts: 321 Member
    That humans have evolved past needing to eat meat. I am veggie though.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Yeah, lobster is super overrated.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    I don't like Papa John's pizza's pizza sauce 😩
  • Butterpecan083
    Butterpecan083 Posts: 4 Member
    7rainbow wrote: »
    I don't like peanut butter...

Same, something about it is revolting to me. Ironically love cashew butter and tahini though
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

I think you must have meant Nutella...certainly not peanut butter!
  • pancakerunner

Same, something about it is revolting to me. Ironically love cashew butter and tahini though

for me, it all depends on the texture
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    edited January 2021

regular peanut butter is to sweet. I love fresh ground dry roasted peanuts made into peanut butter with nothing else added.
  • pancakerunner
    raymax4 wrote: »

regular peanut butter is to sweet. I love fresh ground dry roasted peanuts made into peanut butter with nothing else added.

too sweet and terrible texture on comercial Pb!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    I feel the same about lobster. It needs, like, a whole bowl of butter to even taste good, and it's far too much effort to eat for just a little bit of meat. I agree...crab>lobster
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I actually like lobster, but not enough to pay a high price for it.

There's a restaurant that we used to go to that had a weekly lobster tail special. I would get it because it was a good price and they prepared it properly, so it was quite good.

Lobster bisque is good, but lobster mac-and-cheese is just a gimmick and not good at all.

If you find yourself in Maine or Canada's east coast, you kind of should try some there. It's not as expensive, and fresh out of the ocean is a different experience.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited January 2021
    raymax4 wrote: »

Same! I love fresh ground nut butters🙂 we sell all kinds of flavored ones with protein powder, etc. Not my thing- plus the ingredients aren't great. Smuckers crunchy 100 percent natural is awesome too! I do not want oil or sugar added in any form.