Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,263 Member Member Posts: 6,263 Member
    uuq1p8ekga1q.png
    salads like this do not appeal to me

I hate fruit on my salad.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 8,837 Member Member Posts: 8,837 Member
    ^those types salads that are sold in chain-type restaurants taste awful too - the quality of the ingredients used is usually subpar and never look like the picture (in my experience anyways)
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,660 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,660 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ^those types salads that are sold in chain-type restaurants taste awful too - the quality of the ingredients used is usually subpar and never look like the picture (in my experience anyways)

Lol yes! The lettuce is always slimy and the chicken or meat is... questionable.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,660 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,660 Member
    baked potato > french fries > mashed
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member, Premium Posts: 6,744 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6,744 Member
    Roasted potatoes (chopped skin on, tossed with olive oil + salt (or roasted with a chicken to absorb some of the rendered fat) and maybe garlic or rosemary > mashed > baked (I'm just not as fond of russet potatoes > chips.

Where fries fit depend on the fries (as they vary a lot) and whether I'm in the mood for them.

The only kind of potato I have regularly are the roasted ones or ones in soup or stew.

Also, for some reason lately: turnips>celeriac>potatoes>sweet potatoes. I've been subbing turnips when I might otherwise use potatoes.
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Roasted potatoes (chopped skin on, tossed with olive oil + salt (or roasted with a chicken to absorb some of the rendered fat) and maybe garlic or rosemary > mashed > baked (I'm just not as fond of russet potatoes > chips.

Where fries fit depend on the fries (as they vary a lot) and whether I'm in the mood for them.

The only kind of potato I have regularly are the roasted ones or ones in soup or stew.

Also, for some reason lately: turnips>celeriac>potatoes>sweet potatoes. I've been subbing turnips when I might otherwise use potatoes.

well put. I agree on the french fries.
    coming from the ice cream thread... I do NOT like cookie dough ice cream!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 8,837 Member Member Posts: 8,837 Member

Curious - do you just not like cookie dough?
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,057 Member Member Posts: 2,057 Member
    Ooo yeah, is that unpopular? I don't like cookie dough anything.
    As someone who used to lick the spoon when my mom would make cookies, the weird little chunks they put in ice cream and other things just tastes really fake and not good.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,263 Member Member Posts: 6,263 Member

Not sure about @pancakerunner but I love cookie dough, just don't like it in my ice cream. I feel like the texture doesn't go well and it makes the cookie dough so cold I can't even really taste it. Most have chocolate chips and I hate chocolate chips in my ice cream. I am not a fan of plain vanilla ice cream either.

Unless its like a small bit of soft serve topped with tons of big fresh chunks of cookie dough.
    I don't like oranges. Too much work to eat and I hate the fibrous white parts. You can never get all the white strings off.

Not sure about @pancakerunner but I love cookie dough, just don't like it in my ice cream. I feel like the texture doesn't go well and it makes the cookie dough so cold I can't even really taste it. Most have chocolate chips and I hate chocolate chips in my ice cream. I am not a fan of plain vanilla ice cream either.

Unless its like a small bit of soft serve topped with tons of big fresh chunks of cookie dough.

I LOVE cookie dough too, just not in ice cream. I do love the chunks of cookie dough but I find the rest of the ice cream very underwhelming.
    I do not like things flavored with monk fruit
  • MondowefteMondowefte Member Posts: 130 Member Member Posts: 130 Member
    Both coffee and tea are disgusting. As are olives.
    Mondowefte wrote: »
    Both coffee and tea are disgusting. As are olives.

Tea, yes. Coffee, depends on preparation. Olives, LOVE them.
  • 33gail3333gail33 Member Posts: 379 Member Member Posts: 379 Member
    I don't like oranges. Too much work to eat and I hate the fibrous white parts. You can never get all the white strings off.

Yes this. I pick every last piece off, and my husband just eats the whole thing, white strings and all.

I'm not about to eat that white stuff, and it's just too much work for me to take it off.

• 33gail3333gail33 Member Posts: 379 Member Member Posts: 379 Member
    I don't get the big deal about ice cream - why everyone loves it so much.

I mean I don't hate it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it. Can't remember the last time I had it and if I never did again it woudn't bother me at all.
  • raymax4raymax4 Member Posts: 6,058 Member Member Posts: 6,058 Member

Where are you getting your oranges?
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 18,745 Member Member, Premium Posts: 18,745 Member

Huh. I like to eat the white pith off the inside of the orange peels, after peeling the orange. Yes, I recognize this is eccentric. Meh.

Not grapefruit pith though: That's more bitter.
  • nicsflyingcircusnicsflyingcircus Member Posts: 2,159 Member Member Posts: 2,159 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Huh. I like to eat the white pith off the inside of the orange peels, after peeling the orange. Yes, I recognize this is eccentric. Meh.

Not grapefruit pith though: That's more bitter.

When I do eat oranges, I also eat the pith.