What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I don't have a sweet tooth at all lately, but ice cream/gelato/frozen yogurt is without question my favorite reasonable calorie, I could have every day if I wanted, easy to obtain dessert. There's really nothing else, unless we count fruit (which is what I normally have now). I love pie, but don't really want it that often, and I'm certainly not baking it that often, and it's dangerous to have around (my head would say "better eat it before it goes bad, another problem ice cream does not present). I like chocolate fine, especially good quality dark chocolate, but a few square of chocolate is not typically as satisfying as the same cals of ice cream and gets dull. Some restaurants have interesting desserts, but not things I would want often, and the cals are typically insane. Cookies I like, but don't particularly crave or miss if I don't have, and again I only really like them if they are homebaked. Cake I'm super picky about and again, it would have to be home or good bakery baked. Donuts, blah for the most part.

However, when I was losing and for a couple of years after I had ice cream at least 3 nights a week (when it fit in my cals). I tried lots of new flavors and brands and enjoyed seeing which flavors went well together (I would usually have at least 3 pints of different flavors). I'd only eat what fit in my cals (usually about half a cup), and two different kinds (so .25 cups of each), and it was the perfect after dinner finisher.

Ice cream/gelato and good homemade/bakery fruit pie are probably the two desserts I would pick if I could pick only two.

yeah, for me ice cream is more about the complexity... mixing flavors, etc. Now you've got me thinking about what dessert I could eat most regularly and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I would say good quality chocolate? But thinking about it most of my "desserts" are healthified haha
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I don't like oranges. Too much work to eat and I hate the fibrous white parts. You can never get all the white strings off.

Where are you getting your oranges?

Wegmans or Whole Foods haha
  • Noreenmarie1234
    33gail33 wrote: »
    I don't get the big deal about ice cream - why everyone loves it so much.

I mean I don't hate it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it. Can't remember the last time I had it and if I never did again it woudn't bother me at all.

Yes!! Never been a big fan of ice cream. I would rather have any dessert above ice cream. I don’t understand the hype.
  • pancakerunner

I mean I don't hate it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it. Can't remember the last time I had it and if I never did again it woudn't bother me at all.

Yes!! Never been a big fan of ice cream. I would rather have any dessert above ice cream. I don’t understand the hype.

ice cream on a cookie sundae though? Perfection
  • pancakerunner
    I am torn when it comes to liking ice cream. For me it is more... I like the IDEA of it?? The nostalgia? idk. I don't ever really CRAVE it, but I eat it for the nostalgia factor I suppose.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    I am torn when it comes to liking ice cream. For me it is more... I like the IDEA of it?? The nostalgia? idk. I don't ever really CRAVE it, but I eat it for the nostalgia factor I suppose.

Well the good thing is my husband likes it so we always have it in the freezer and it doesn't temp me. But any chocolate we have in the house will definitely be calling my name ... :smile:
  • Noreenmarie1234

Oh its needed on a warm apple pie or the like! But I just rarely ever crave a big bowl of ice cream. Only occasionally in the summer. Mostly ice cream is so cold I feel like I can't even taste it. I prefer my ice cream melted or warmed up in the microwave to a pudding consistency, lol.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

Oh its needed on a warm apple pie or the like! But I just rarely ever crave a big bowl of ice cream. Only occasionally in the summer. Mostly ice cream is so cold I feel like I can't even taste it. I prefer my ice cream melted or warmed up in the microwave to a pudding consistency, lol.

I do that with the Englighteneds and Halo Tops etc. Put it in the microwave until the top is melty and then dig it out straight from the container. Then put it back in the microwave if I want more. I used to get the pint to last about 5 days that way but then I figured out the remicrowaving trick so.... :)
  • pancakerunner
    727ngjvb4icb.png
    sqixlhmb5xvq.png
    h8asihchdnoz.png
    yes! I love ice crream like this
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    kali31337 wrote: »
    I don't love pasta...an occasional bowl? sure. But to crave it or want it after that first serving? Not at all.

I have the opposite reaction. Once I take that first bite, I finish it all. Even if I plan not to. It just disappears in my tummy.

I am not what you'd call a moderator of the pasta. :)
  • 33gail33
    727ngjvb4icb.png
    sqixlhmb5xvq.png
    h8asihchdnoz.png

Ew. I would not eat that.
    One of the things that I don’t like about ice cream is watching people eat it in a cone - like why is it acceptable to lick and make it all slimy? (It a weird aversion I have and this picture reminds me of it.)
  • pancakerunner
    727ngjvb4icb.png
    sqixlhmb5xvq.png
    h8asihchdnoz.png

Ew. I would not eat that.
    One of the things that I don’t like about ice cream is watching people eat it in a cone - like why is it acceptable to lick and make it all slimy? (It a weird aversion I have and this picture reminds me of it.)

have never thought about the licking... but it is kind of gross lol
  • pancakerunner
    I think spicy things like flamin hot cheetos, etc. ruin the food
  • pancakerunner
    I prefer meat in my spaghetti sauce as opposed to giant meatballs.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    I am not a fan of pizza at all. Even a vegan gluten free version ( lol) the only kind I would eat is a thin crust white pizza with spinach, mushroom, black olives and sun fried tomato. I do not like sauce on my pizza
  • GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    727ngjvb4icb.png
    sqixlhmb5xvq.png
    h8asihchdnoz.png

Oh yes to this! damn you. :wink:
  • GigiDeborah
    GigiDeborah Posts: 36 Member
    I do love peanut butter with egg. I had poached eggs on peanut butter toast last night!
  • 33gail33
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I am not a fan of pizza at all. Even a vegan gluten free version ( lol) the only kind I would eat is a thin crust white pizza with spinach, mushroom, black olives and sun fried tomato. I do not like sauce on my pizza

I do like regular pizza - but that one you describe sounds amazing - four best toppings for sure.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I do love peanut butter with egg. I had poached eggs on peanut butter toast last night!

Now this sounds interesting!