Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,763 Member Member Posts: 1,763 Member
    I prefer breakfast foods at Dinner and dinner type for breakfast
    Example- saute or steamed greens, veggie dishes in a.m.
    Pancakes, oats, cereal at night.

Oh and yup- bacon is gross. Lol
  • Slacker16Slacker16 Member Posts: 1,173 Member Member Posts: 1,173 Member
    Watermelon and straight-up salt sounds weird, but I do know people who love watermelon with feta...

Not me, though. Said it before in this thread but sweet+salty anything is not my thing.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,567 Member Member Posts: 7,567 Member
    A tomato and watermelon salad with feta is good.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 5,824 Member Member Posts: 5,824 Member
    😀
    edited July 14
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 21,614 Member Member, Premium Posts: 21,614 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Ehhhhh....I'll reserve judgment since I haven't had it but, in my head...
    Tomato + feta = good.
    Watermelon + feta = good.
    Tomato + watermelon...? I'm trying to imagine those together and it's not going well. :D

Then just go with watermelon + feta + thin-sliced red onion + good balsamic vinegar. 😉😋
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,567 Member Member Posts: 7,567 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Ehhhhh....I'll reserve judgment since I haven't had it but, in my head...
    Tomato + feta = good.
    Watermelon + feta = good.
    Tomato + watermelon...? I'm trying to imagine those together and it's not going well. :D

I was skeptical before I tried it, but it was good.
  • penguinmama87penguinmama87 Member, Premium Posts: 908 Member Member, Premium Posts: 908 Member
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Watermelon and straight-up salt sounds weird, but I do know people who love watermelon with feta...

Not me, though. Said it before in this thread but sweet+salty anything is not my thing.

I have put salt on pretty much any kind of melon. Really fresh and ripe melons don't need it, but if the flavor is kind of blah a little bit of salt enhances the natural melon flavor. There doesn't need to be so much salt that it actually tastes salty.
  • AquaPunk87AquaPunk87 Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Doughnuts are hugely overrated unless it's a chocolate with red chille and bacon from Rebel.

blasphemy... donuts are like, a gift straight from the heavens...

Yeah, but Rebel donuts are a whole other level. They're all sick 😉
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 10,623 Member Member Posts: 10,623 Member
    Regarding donuts - I do not like filled donuts at all - and would prefer a cake/dense donut than a yeasted one...mind you - I never crave donuts in the least and haven't had one since forever lol!
  • EyeOTSEyeOTS Member Posts: 286 Member Member Posts: 286 Member
    Generally speaking: I dislike burgers that have more than one patty.
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,457 Member Member Posts: 2,457 Member
    EyeOTS wrote: »
    Generally speaking: I dislike burgers that have more than one patty.

YES.
    What's funny is it's not the amount of meat that bothers me...I like a thick, juicy burger patty.
    But I don't like 2 skinny patties. Maybe it's because the thinner they are, the more they are guaranteed to be overcooked and tasteless.
  • jennypapagejennypapage Member Posts: 473 Member Member Posts: 473 Member
    You don't need to use oil in pan/oven cooking anything and it's a waste of calories. I never understand why people would waste 100 calories for 1 tbsp when you can make it easily with just a quick spray of pam. I have never used oil when cooking in my entire life.

I told this to my friend and she was shocked "omg you HAVE to use oil, how can you cook without it, do you use butter instead"?

i rarely use oil when cooking because i use baking paper instead.When i do use it i only use olive oil and it's usually 5-10ml. I normally prefer using it on my food after it's been cooked, to get the full flavour.
    So yeah you don't need it for cooking but a little bit is good for you.
    edited August 4
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,457 Member Member Posts: 2,457 Member
    You don't need to use oil in pan/oven cooking anything and it's a waste of calories. I never understand why people would waste 100 calories for 1 tbsp when you can make it easily with just a quick spray of pam. I have never used oil when cooking in my entire life.

I told this to my friend and she was shocked "omg you HAVE to use oil, how can you cook without it, do you use butter instead"?

I like the taste of olive oil, so for me, it's worth the calories to drizzle it on the vegetables I'm roasting.