What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Avocado isn't all that great. It's good in quacamole or when it's seasoned well but eaten straight it's just kinda meh.

Totally agree. It’s okay…I’ll eat it, but to me it’s a waste of calories. I don’t understand when people go nuts for it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Avocado isn't all that great. It's good in quacamole or when it's seasoned well but eaten straight it's just kinda meh.

Totally agree. It’s okay…I’ll eat it, but to me it’s a waste of calories. I don’t understand when people go nuts for it.

Same, I never understood the avocado craze.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Same, I never understood the avocado craze.

I really like a 'good' avocado...far too often, however, I buy ones that have no flavor and are just bla. The good ones I've had are absolutely delish and love them!

They are a little pricy where I'm at, so I rarely take the chance on getting a good one!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,813 Member

Agreed and don't get the avocado toast craze
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Nutella is disgusting 🤢 it tastes like cheap pound shop rubbish.
    Maple syrup 🤮 just why?
    Chinese food is poison.
    KFC is even more poisonous it is so manky!

• EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2021
    Avacado goes bad so quickly and isn't exactly cheap. Yeah, it's a bit over-rated
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    edited August 2021
    OMG all this avocado blasphemy is hurting my soul!!! :p
    I could put it on almost anything!

Maple syrup 🤮 just why?

Agreed. I do not understand people's obsession with that stuff. It is fine mixed into a sweet and savoury sauce, but as a sweetener, or syrup, bleh..

I'll add, I feel the same about honey.
  • akb0604
    akb0604 Posts: 2 Member
    Tripe/Tripas/Cow stomach, love Pozole but can't do Menudo
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,975 Member
    I find the flavored, sweetened creamers completely disgusting, undrinkable. I like my coffee with milk, but I'll take it black before putting that stuff in it. Yuck, bad taste, bad mouth-feel.

More for the rest of you!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Nutella is disgusting 🤢 it tastes like cheap pound shop rubbish.
    Maple syrup 🤮 just why?
    Chinese food is poison.
    KFC is even more poisonous it is so manky!

What? I still remember the city and country I was was in the first time I had Nutella because of the impression it left. It started my love of Ferraro Rochers also. But I love hazelnuts and will eat just about anything with with hazelnuts in them.
    I love maple syrup. I love pancakes too! But I refuse to eat them without maple syrup. And I love how so many products in Canada smell like maple syrup.

I don’t like Chinese food but I’ve never been to China.
    KFC is ehhh.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Regarding the Nutella - I've had the popular jarred one and not liked it. However, I've had a homemade one and it was totally delish!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Spam is great (at least in the right dishes)
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    I don’t like Chinese food but I’ve never been to China.

Never been to China either. But while I love American Chinese food, British Chinese food is absolutely disgusting.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Coleslaw is gross.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Coleslaw is gross.

Not unpopular.
  • PAPYRUS3
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Yeah, similar to potato salad in that way.

I so agree!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I used to really like KFC's coleslaw.