Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

1208209210211212214»

Replies

• Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member, Premium Posts: 1,408 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,408 Member
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    I don’t like Chinese food but I’ve never been to China.

Never been to China either. But while I love American Chinese food, British Chinese food is absolutely disgusting.

This could be unpopular .. but I’ve spent time all over China .. and the food tasted exactly like what I get in NYC. 🤷🏼‍♀️ (Didn’t go to touristy joints either … )

I was expecting more of a difference based on many saying how different the Chinese food was in China. (Or we could have some great places here in Chinatown.)
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 2,482 Member Member Posts: 2,482 Member
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    I don’t like Chinese food but I’ve never been to China.

Never been to China either. But while I love American Chinese food, British Chinese food is absolutely disgusting.

This could be unpopular .. but I’ve spent time all over China .. and the food tasted exactly like what I get in NYC. 🤷🏼‍♀️ (Didn’t go to touristy joints either … )

I was expecting more of a difference based on many saying how different the Chinese food was in China. (Or we could have some great places here in Chinatown.)

I think the food you'd get in any big city Chinatown restaurant would be much closer to what you'd get in China. In New York, San Francisco, or here in Chicago, the restaurants in Chinatown cater mostly to the local Chinese population, so it tends to be more authentic.

Not that I dislike my local Chinese carry out place (run by Chinese immigrants). But they do cater more to Western tastes.
  • RachelElserRachelElser Member Posts: 1,048 Member Member Posts: 1,048 Member
    Apple cider is a far superior flavor than pumpkin spice!
  • RachelElserRachelElser Member Posts: 1,048 Member Member Posts: 1,048 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Adding another in the ring: icing is gross. The texture is weird, and it usually tastes like sugary Styrofoam. Either glaze it, butter it, or leave it plain.

I would SO agree with you regarding that icing you describe. Practically every grocery store cake is covered with the stuff! However, frosting can be SO yum if it's made with 'real' ingredients! Most grocery cake frostings have corn syrup, artificial flavor, oils and then 10 or more other questionable things....

omg yes. I made home made buttercream icing and it tastes NOTHING like the garbage you buy in the stores.