Booty or abs

13»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Neither for me. I like a bit of chub on the belly, and I just want to get rid of at least some of my booty.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out when big butts became desirable, :p

Since always depending on culture...but definitely since Sir Mix A Lot said "He likes big butts and he can not lie" 🤣😍
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member

I’m with you - also ripped jeans...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member

I think big butts have always been desirable to some people (different people have different preferences of course) for example my husband has always liked big butts on women. But I think they have become a huge fad here in the last 10 years or so with Beyonce and Kim K and Nikki Minaj etc.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member

Since always depending on culture...but definitely since Sir Mix A Lot said "He likes big butts and he can not lie" 🤣😍

Yeah, but the "big butts" he likes are tiny compared to what you see today. ;)

d557v7ph1mdk.jpg

• jaxsmama123
    jaxsmama123 Posts: 165 Member
    booty for sure
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Ideally, both. Building a booty has been fairly easy for me with strength training. I would like to have more visible abs, but that takes a lot more work/dedication on cutting body fat.

And I would agree how much of a PIA it is finding dress pants with a small waist and thick thighs/booty.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member

I can relate. I grew up in the 80s and we were all warned against "secretary spread." Having a big butt was not only not desirable, it was something to be feared!!! :scream:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    I have no desire for 6 packs for myself and think they look better on men than women anyway.

visual-bodyfat-estimation-chart-men-women.jpg
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Arms/Shoulders > Legs > Stomach > Bum are my priority. I'm also not a fan of the big round booty that is en vogue. A petite yet muscular bum is my preferred aesthetic.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    That chart is waaaaay off... at least for men. I look like the 10% picture (maybe a bit leaner) and I'm nowhere near 10%.... lol

Regardless, body composition has a huge roll with how someone looks at a particular body fat percentage. I think it's entirely possible for a woman to have abs - at least four pack and a booty. However, it takes work. A lot of booties I see are nothing but fat and of course, those booties will shrink and wither away if that person chases a flat stomach and abs. It would be like the guy above in the 40% pic claiming he had pecs and not wanting to lose weight because he might lose his "chest"... or does a booty count regardless of composition?

btw, why does the woman in the 25% pic have more ab definition than the one in the 20% pic?
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    That chart is waaaaay off... at least for men. I look like the 10% picture (maybe a bit leaner) and I'm nowhere near 10%.... lol

Regardless, body composition has a huge roll with how someone looks at a particular body fat percentage. I think it's entirely possible for a woman to have abs - at least four pack and a booty. However, it takes work. A lot of booties I see are nothing but fat and of course, those booties will shrink and wither away if that person chases a flat stomach and abs. It would be like the guy above in the 40% pic claiming he had pecs and not wanting to lose weight because he might lose his "chest"... or does a booty count regardless of composition?

btw, why does the woman in the 25% pic have more ab definition than the one in the 20% pic?

Because like you stated, muscle definition plays a large part in how you look. I have more ab definition at 26% than the woman in that 20% because I train. That woman clearly does not.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member

I can relate. I grew up in the 80s and we were all warned against "secretary spread." Having a big butt was not only not desirable, it was something to be feared!!! :scream:

That is an entirely different kind of booty then the firm, round, built kind of booty I'm referring too 😂
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    edited November 2018
    jseams1234 wrote: »

Because she has a bigger booty 😍😍😍