Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

MEALS NOT SAVING

melissalatzel25melissalatzel25 Posts: 144Member Member Posts: 144Member Member
Guys i saved meals this week on both my iphone and laptop

now when i search for them to try add they are nowhere?

Replies

• melissalatzel25melissalatzel25 Posts: 144Member Member Posts: 144Member Member
    i still cant see some of my saved meals on my laptop -- some of the pages are blank :( i have like 6 pages of saved meals and a few are missing and some pages show 1 or no meals....

is it just me?
  • barryfreebarryfree Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue
  • JBliksemJBliksem Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I have just created a product entry 3 times and it is not available in search - apparently not saving!!!!!
  • tdillabotdillabo Posts: 39Member Member Posts: 39Member Member
  • diatatdiatat Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I cannot add/create in My Foods/Meals section. Im using the non-paid version. Is there a limit or something else, may be a bug to be fixed?!?!
    edited February 2019
  • the_real_hambonithe_real_hamboni Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Yeah having the same problem
  • pdlashmarpdlashmar Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Same problem here and it looks like it's been a problem for the last 4 years (since 2015) https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/15894968-meals-not-saving- MyFitnessPal, if there is never going to be a fix for this, could you please remove the option?
  • kaikolohekaikolohe Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I'm having the same problem too. Also if I try to edit an existing food in My Foods & then do a search for it, it disappears from My Foods!
  • melissalatzel25melissalatzel25 Posts: 144Member Member Posts: 144Member Member
    i emailed them , got a reply saying i should try different browsers etc, but its the same story on any browser and if i use my boyfriends device nothings different.... i never had this problem and i used MFP since maybe 10 yrs.... but this last year its making me crazy....
    barryfree wrote: »
    did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue

no :(

Artie wrote:
    JAN 16, 2019 | 10:40AM PST
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and apologies for any trouble with not seeing your newly saved meals in the Meals list on the website. We are seeing similar reports from other users recently as well. We are aware of the issue but since it only affecting some users, we could use some help with triaging the issue.

If you have a moment, please try logging out of MyFitnessPal, closing the browser tab, and then clearing your browser's cache and cookies to see if that helps. If you are still having trouble, could you also try an alternate web browser to see if the problem follows you there or if it is specific to the original browser? If it does not follow you, please check for any extensions or plug-ins that may have been added to the original browser, for example an ad-blocker or popup blocker. If so, would you mind temporarily disabling them one at a time to see if one of them isn't playing nice with our site?

If any of the above steps helped resolve the issue, would you mind letting us know? If nothing has changes, please also let us know the following:

What type of device you are using: mobile device or computer?
    If using a mobile device, which make and model is it?
    Which version of it's operating system is it running?
    What web browser are you using and it's version? (usually found in the browser's drop down menus in About)

We greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention and any of the above information you are able to provide, but especially your patience as we are investigating the issue for you.

Warm Regards,
    ​Artie
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 29,569Member Member Posts: 29,569Member Member
    I've never had this problem.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and cache?
    edited February 2019
  • the_real_hambonithe_real_hamboni Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    so i just checked the app on my phone after the meals weren't saving on my computer, and it looks like the meals are on the phone, just not on my laptop.

Pretty odd, but better than nothing!
    I've never had this problem.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and cache?

Quoting myself here because now that I checked, it is happening for me too.

I hope it's resolved soon.
  • PennyWise51PennyWise51 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I hate it when Tech Support says we have to clear cache and cookies because their software isn't working. Please, folks, don't ask us to jump through hoops and beta-test your program. Just fix it, please.
  • PennyWise51PennyWise51 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I entered a new food, didn't see it on the list, so tried to enter it again. I got an error message saying it already existed in the database. So the food doesn't disappear. It just doesn't display.
  • RolandDeschain76RolandDeschain76 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    I am having the same problem from about a week (and it's not the first time, the previous at the beginning of january). When you enter a new food or meal it "seems" it is not saved in the database, so you try to re-enter it and the system tells you that it already exists. In addition, when you see the details of a food it shows wrong data about the macronutrients (calories, carb ecc.)
  • jsmartwarejsmartware Posts: 7Member, Premium Member Posts: 7Member, Premium Member
    Ya, this is not cool. Please log support requests to escalate this issue. You definitely should not tolerate this if you're a premium member!
    Still broken.
  • JimDMantonJimDManton Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Same problem here. when I a food on my PC - I've tried numerous browsers and computers - the food does not show when I do a search on my computer. BUT it is listed on my iphone app. I have a premium account and can't even find a link to website report. I am up for renewal in March and will not renew. For the price of the subscription there should be better service and issue resolution.
    urghhhh yesterday i made a raw vegan chocolate recipe, with like 7 ingredients. saved the meal . but now when i add a portion of the meal to my day, 2 of the ingredients are goneeee so my calorie count is wayyy off

the cacao butter was 1 of the ingredients that don't save with my meal, and that's the most calories !!!! now i don't remember the amount i added to begin with so i have a huge batch of chocolate in my fridge that i can't track with my daily goal