How do you keep the wieght off?

2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    edited November 2018
    use a weight trend application.

while I don't doubt that 2 or 3 bad meals in a row WILL HAVE AN EFFECT and MAY lead to SOME longer term weight gain, even two or three bad DAYS of many bad meals in a row would have a really hard time adding up to 35,000 Calories over maintenance.

So when you're talking about gaining 10lbs on 3 days of bad eating, what I hear is that you're reacting to water weight influenced daily scale measurements instead of reacting to changes to your WEIGHT TREND over time.

React to longer term weight trend changes; not to scale blips... or risk getting whiplash from continuously changing your goals.

And react in measured ways. If you're at maintenance already there is really no need to adjust with large deficits in order to reverse a trend that you should be catching fairly early on.

If you've both increased your eating AND stopped logging... well: you're making too many changes at once.

Take care.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I have same problem as others above. When i go into maintenance mode I tend to stop tracking and slowly I start to eat more than I should - my "eyeballing" is pretty good from so many years of practice, but I tend to get lax and just basically eat more than necessary.

Like the "reward" mode mentioned above.

Eventually I start to pack more weight on. Takes a while. I'm hoping this time around I manage to curb it for a while longer. It just is nice to not track every single thing and eat intuitively (except when the intuition tells you to eat, you know, an entire bag of family sized crisps or whatever!)
  • jrwms714
    jrwms714 Posts: 421 Member
    Maintenance is just a continuation with more calories thrown in and fewer times that you eat what got you overweight in the first place. It takes a while to wrap your head around this, so be kind to yourself while you work on it. Yes, log if that works for you, and weigh, for sure, but also realize that this isn't the end of a diet ... it's how you live from now on. And how you live and, hopefully, like being that healthy and eating in a positive manner.