2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    (why do people say spike?)
    Because of charlatans like Fung and Taubes, and their (scientifically disproven) insulin theory of obesity.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    Don't know, it's not for everyone, but I'm really enjoying it. I don't like eating 5 or 6 small meals. I'd rather have one or two big enjoyable meals towards the end of the day.

I don't like 5-6 small meals either. The choices are not 5-6 small meals or IF.

(Nothing wrong with IF, but I like breakfast and couldn't possibly get my preferred amount of protein or veg in in one huge meal. I can do two meals but don't see any particular benefit and enjoy breakfast.)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Don't know, it's not for everyone, but I'm really enjoying it. I don't like eating 5 or 6 small meals. I'd rather have one or two big enjoyable meals towards the end of the day.

You are enjoying it, seeing great results..keep doing it! But it's not magic.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I normally delay breakfast until quite late, but this past week, I've been hungry earlier than usual, so I ate.

There's been no difference in my weight.

For the OP, kickstarting metabolism isn't a thing. If you enjoy eating breakfast, you can eat anything you'd like that you find filling.

This week, I've just been eating protein bars with a cup of tea. I'm hungry, but only want something light.
  • greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast and fast, you don't need breakfast.

Speak for yourself. I’d vomit and/or pass out by 9 am if I didn’t eat at least a small breakfast every day.

OP, it’s really up to you to find out what works best for you in the morning. I personally do best with a combination of protein and carbohydrates, with relatively low fat, first thing in the morning. That usually means either an egg white omlet with toast or non-fat Greek yogurt with granola, depending on whether I have time to cook that day.
  • annlyric
    annlyric Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually eat non-fat yogurt or a protein smoothie for breakfast. It keeps me satisfied until lunch for the most part. Occasionally I’ll get the munchies and snack on a few carrots or apple slices before lunch. Listen to your body and don’t starve yourself.
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating 6 meals a day, perfectly fine to lose weight that way. IF is also another tool to assist in losing weight. Part of it is in establishing the correct behavior for supporting your weight loss.

Dr. John Berardi actually did a pretty good review of IF a while back, it's worth Googling for the read.