Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Not quite exercise - what 'active lifestyle' activities do you enjoy throughout the day?

12346»

Replies

• Arietty32Arietty32 Member, Premium Posts: 45 Member Member, Premium Posts: 45 Member
    Walking while watching TV, gardening if it is spring, rampant cleaning lol(thank my OCD)
  • Arietty32Arietty32 Member, Premium Posts: 45 Member Member, Premium Posts: 45 Member
    I march in place in front of my TV. Not all of the time, but often- to get my fitbit steps. Especially on days where I'm home all day and wouldn't get much movement in otherwise. I'll walk for 10-20 minutes, sit down for a bit, walk again, etc. It's helped me tremendously. I'm so used to it now that I can't really sit through an entire TV show even if I want to- I end up feeling antsy and get up to walk.

Same here
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Member Posts: 39,126 Member Member Posts: 39,126 Member
    I'm pretty excited...my kids are pretty into free style BMX and free style trick scootering. I haven't taken them out to the skate park a whole lot this winter, mostly because it's dark and cold by the time I knock off from work...but it's warming up and days are getting longer, so I've been taking them most Tuesday and Thursday early evening and usually again on either Saturday or Sunday. It looks like so much fun that I decided to get my own adult free style trick scooter so that I can join in with them. It's gonna be hella fun...just hope I don't kill myself trying to do a 360 or something...

Hopefully it'll be here before next weekend...my oldest turns 11 on the 20th and we bought him a new Fuzion X-5 to replace his thrashed old Razor and his little buddy is coming over for a sleepover and I'm going to take them down to the skate park for a few hours...it'll be a lot more fun if I can play too.

Also had some friends that are moving abroad and selling off a lot of their stuff...we picked up two inflatable kayaks from them, so that should be fun this summer kayaking the Rio Grande and maybe some trips to the lake.

slamm-classic-v8-pro-scooter-wl.jpg

photo-1559585198-4ea69f6da976?ixid=MXwxMjA3fDB8MHxzZWFyY2h8MTV8fHNjb290ZXIlMjB0cmlja3xlbnwwfHwwfA%3D%3D&ixlib=rb-1.2.1&w=1000&q=80
    edited March 10
  • 33gail3333gail33 Member Posts: 649 Member Member Posts: 649 Member
    I walk three "rambunctious" dogs for two miles, every morning at 6 AM. I often joke that it is a cardio and upper body workout.
  • penguinmama87penguinmama87 Member, Premium Posts: 420 Member Member, Premium Posts: 420 Member
    I really love reading, but was really resistant to audiobooks for a long time - not sure why. But I've started going about everyday household tasks, cleaning etc while listening and I feel like I'm getting two things done at once! There is something nice about curling up with a book still, to be sure, but listening helps me decide to go ahead and be more active anyway. Plus my house is tidier!