Team WEIGHT NO MORE-December 2018 Team Chat

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,471 Member
    edited December 2018
    @nstephenson01 This made me think of you. Your dogs out for a run, in bad weather...Daisy when my daughter went to take her for a walk 😂
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    Daily check in for: Wednesday

@eyesopennow ummmm. hey silly. your weigh in day is tomorrow. lol

EEEEK! Okay, never mind! I'll see what tomorrow brings.

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @kirsten11872 you can do this girl! One day at a time.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks @Mrsbell8well ! I was doing so well, then I lost it, lol. I will get back on track.
    Love the profile pic, very cute & festive!
  • Mrsbell8well
    @sleepymom5 I missed the Daisy pic earlier. Love it!!!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,471 Member
    I had a really good day. Even with going out to dinner! I will check in tomorrow with more details....

@kirsten11872 I know you will get right back at it. Don’t let it go too long. Make a plan and kick butt like you always do!
    @lennoncpa I have to be careful around nuts too. I know what you mean too. The nuts are the lesser of two evils but after a while that has to be tweaked too. It’s a process. I can totally relate as I have many things that are way healthier but needed to be re-evaluated after a whole.
    @Mrsbell8well. Lol! She can be so lazy sometimes! I also have the blanket on the bed so she doesn’t ruin the comforter and of course she is on the small space between the blanket and the pillows lol!
  • Mrsbell8well
    @amsandos just bout everyone on this team has been there and done that. No judgment. It feels promising to me when you can open up and post. You have everyone on this team rooting for you. It is a hard journey. But worthwhile for sure! I like that you are regrouping and trying to be gentle as you recommit. You can definitely do this!
    @lennoncpa I’m so glad your on this team. You are doing great! I eat a lot of raw nuts too but try to limit it to once a day a small amount. I try to bulk up on fruits and vegetables for the most part. I like that you keep analyzing and readjusting. I think Cyndie calls that tenacity.
    @lenka1 so sorry u aren’t feeling well. Zinc tablets really help me. And sooooo sorry for your little birdie. Sweet pic.
    @Mandi5512 I bought the Versa for my wife for Christmas. She knows she’s getting it. I’m so excited for you. Let us know what you think.
    @sleepymom5 so glad u had a good day. You have changed so much. Look at you coasting successfully through the holidays! Very proud of you.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Daily check in for: Thursday
    Logged: No
    Water: 56oz
    Exercise & Steps: 11261 steps

I am soooo thankful today for my upcoming 4 day weekend. Christmas will be here and people with be joyful. I am as ready as I will ever be.

@nstephenson01 We are almost to the new year. We will recommit then. That's just a small gain. you will get that off in no time. I won't tell your neighbor if you don't. lol

@sleepymom5 great job at keeping your eating in check while your at the shore. it is really good practice for next summer. how did you do on your team pledge?

@ljdanny your right, that is not a bad deal. the holiday's will be over soon.

@kirsten11872 this time of year is hard to lose weight. just concentrate on minimizing the damage. we will start again after the first.

@lennoncpa you have been doing awesome. I too have foods I just can't eat. bread is a big downfall for me. if I have some it just throws me all off. and maintains this time of years are fabulous~! good job.

@lenka1 first of all your little birdie is sooooo cute. birds are really resilient she should be fine with time. hope you feel better soon.

@Mandi5512 mandi is a luck girl. what a thoughtful gift from hubby.

@amsandos I have soooo been where you are right now. having no idea why you do it besides you wanted to is exactly it. sometimes we get so preoccupied with the why. is it really important why? maybe.... maybe not. it becomes... it is what it is and move on. I have come to realize I will always probably struggle with food. but as long as I have have more good days than bad, I am at least on the right track. you hang in there. this is a tough change. and you have been doing just fine. little slip now pick up and move on.

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,428 Member
    lenka1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!
    sn1mfk8ba7r9.jpeg

Hey everyone I’m officially fighting off cold! My daughter is feeling much better but I caught it now ugh. Sore throat is so horrible with this one :/

So not much activity today, I walked slowly around the house and got to over 10k steps at least... but I’m pretty beat up tonight.

Also my husband left the door to basement open and as he came back up, he slammed it shut without noticing our birdie was sitting on it:( she’s got a bad bruise and scraped foot and it’s limping so I spent almost whole day on a couch with the poor thing sleeping in my shirt. She’s eating and drinking, just thinking she’s in pain. The vet can’t and won’t do much for now bc it’s not an open wound so there’s no infection risk but we gotta wait and see how her foot heals :( she isn’t putting much weight on it at all:(

Oh poor baby...I hope she feels better soon!!
  • carlsoda
    amsandos wrote: »
    OK confession time. I am going in....

So for the last 5 days poss more I have been swept up in what can only be described as a hednoistic binge. For reasons known only to my deepest pysche but probably none nobler than I wanted to, I have been eating everything in sight. Not wanting to face up to what I was doing, so not logging.

My epiphany did not come yesterday after eating a whole box of Lindt amongst other things.
    Nor did it come the day before when my duaghter came to me with a worried look on her face and made me promised to never leave her, even when she is 40 because I will be a grandma by then and she will always need me (in her words). It came this morning when I woke up ridiculous early buzzing presumably from all the sugar I had eaten yesterday. I am going to feel like do-do for most of today. Luckily I am on a half day at work so I can do what I gotta and go home. When I woke up I said to myself "You did this to yourself and you lost weight and got fitter not only to feel better for yourself but the people around you who need you. Why am I acting like this is not important? It is one of the most important things I can do."

So I need to keep my why close by (to use WW jargon). To accept that I am not going to be perfect over the next few days but good enough is fine. Making a change is tough but it is something that I must chose to do every day, every mouth full but it is the aggregate of all my little decisions, that make the difference. So as long as I go the right way more often than going the wrong way I will be ok.

PHEW. I am sorry for letting the team down. The result on the scales will not be pretty but no less that I deserve. I am recommitting to do my best. So onward and upwards.

One day at a time. I do love how your thinking - that's the only way to work your way out of this. It's understanding what is going on inside. (((HUGS)))
  • carlsoda
    Changes are going on in my working world. I requested a meeting with a potential new boss to discuss a promotion. Same company more money and responsibilities. Wish me luck. Meeting this morning at 10:30 am.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • carlsoda
    Good morning...and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Today is my last day of work until next Thursday. We have Monday off at work, obviously Tuesday and I took off Wednesday just to make it a 5 day weekend. Personally I believe we should always have 5 day weekends and work 2 long days per week. Somehow it's never taken off (hmmm)

Yesterday I was tempted by a cookie and dang I enjoyed it and right back on plan. OMG - what has happened to me, I have never been like this before. Any treat would send me into a sugar binge. One thing I've learned is if I feel the sugar cravings I had something with fat (almond butter) and it balances it out. I'm 53 and it's taken me this long to understand my body!

I didn't get in as much steps as I wanted yesterday either. I didn't take my lunch time walk at the mall, instead I went to costco and finished up shopping for Christmas dinner. I just didn't have the heart to face costco after work with the masses of people :) Today however I will get my walk in :)

Have a great day everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.