Team WEIGHT NO MORE-December 2018 Team Chat

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,428 Member
    2flcz1cw99j3.jpeg

This is making me laugh today!!

Unless it's fathead pizza crust..then she isn't a carby girl (hehe)
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,118 Member
    @Mrsbell8well thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

My vacation is almost over and I feel like I have accomplished nothing. I have done a few things around the house but I could have done that in 1 day instead of dragging it out. I have worked out every day though and got to go to extra Zumba classes. Which I love. We did do a little shopping yesterday and went out to eat, I started to get a stomach ache so we came home instead of continuing on to a few more places. There must have been something in the food I ate. It usually doesn't hit me that quick though. Today is a crappy day but my husband wants to get out and do something which is surprising because it's usually the other way around. I picked bowling, he nicely declined. He picked movies but idk. Maybe go buy my new sneakers.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @carlsoda what a fantastic goal to pay off your mortgage in 2019! Congratulations. you are so inspiring!!!
    @ljdanny that is great that you have worked out everyday! so impressive. Did you get the sneakers?

My daughter and her boyfriend are driving me to Richmond tonight to be with Molly so I can help her with her mom. I am trying to make arrangements for Monday morning so I can stay the weekend. I am going to write a packing list so that I have food, drinks, treats, crochet and anything else I may need. Probably a sleeping blanket and warm clothes. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the well wishes. Also taking my yoga mat even if I have to do it outside.
  • eyesopennow
    eyesopennow Posts: 352 Member
    My daughter and her boyfriend are driving me to Richmond tonight .... Also taking my yoga mat even if I have to do it outside.

Welcome to Richmond. My yoga mat is in my back seat just a'waiting! And I got new blocks and a new strap for Christmas so I am ready for action.

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Daily check in for: Thursday
    Logged: No
    Water: Not enough
    Exercise & Steps: 30 minutes strength training, 30 minute dog walk; 10,978 steps

Not bad activity-wise considering it snowed ALL day. Today is beautifully sunny but cold. The snow is so pretty when its fresh and white. Our snow is often quite dry so its like shoveling powdered sugar. Its rather rare for us to get the wet snow like you folks on the east coast.

Logging has become a real conundrum for me. In the beginning it was such an educational experience. Its so much easier when I'm eating the same thing over and over. But with hubby home I cook a lot of different recipes and if it can't be accurate I've gotten to where I don't want to log it. Last night I made a shrimp dish found on Pinterest that I think is likely pretty healthy but no way it would be in MFP's database. I need to figure out a solution going forward in January.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Now my daughters boyfriend is in ER w chest pain. I’m going to have to wait till tomorrow morning to go to Richmond. Plus I have a small headache...so tomorrow it is.

Where r the fun Friday photos??? I will post mine shortly.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 597 Member
    @Mrsbell8well I actually thought about learning how to crochet, because it seems like making stuff could be fun, but I doubt I'd be able to learn how! I would probably get frustrated and quit.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @CassieGetsFit2013 .
    Crocheting is not hard if you can tie a knot and make loops. Yes it can be frustrating if you make mistakes and take it apart several times like I did but it feels good when you finish a project. Give it a try
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,471 Member
    Did ok at dinner last night but then woke up with a horrible head cold. I still feel terrible! Had too much sodium and sugar today between the soup and the sugar in my tea and just carbs from toast etc. I am exhausted so I am heading to bed now. No exercise and my steps are very low. Hoping to wake up feeling better. Have a good night everyone!

@czvanut Welcome! You took a great first step towards accountability by joining here. We are a very supportive group. Please join in on our convo even though you don’t start until January. Glad you are here!
    @shirin_k. Nice loss!!
    @lidanny-great job maintaining during the holidaysI catch myself thinking that it doesn’t count if my Fitbit isn’t on! Lol! Sounds like you are doing great! Let’s finish December strong! Hope you are feeling better!
    @mandi5512 glad the little guy is feeling better. No worries if you gain, just get right back at it!
    @nstephenson01 you still had a loss for the month. This month was tough but we got through it! You with a loss too! Great job! Sometimes you can get lucky with Pinterest and they post the nutritional label. Sometimes I just do the best I can with the ingredients calories and divide by serving amount.
    @mrsbell8well-you can really see a difference in those yoga pics although you look great in both pictures. I need to think about my 2018 and 2019. I loved all that you have accomplished and what your goals are for 2019 sorry to hear about Molly’s mom. I will keep praying. I am glad you are going to be able to go and help Molly too. She is going to need a lot of support. Hope your daughters boyfriend is ok too! Hugs to you all!
    @lennoncpa Nice loss!
    I love your monthly goals!
    A thing that helps me get my water in is I like to always keep a cup of thermos of water around to sip on. You’d be surprised how much you drink just sipping throughout the day. Good luck!
    @lyssysho26 thanks for checking in. It sounds like you are doing all that you should be. Hang in there!
    @cyndiesstuff. Thanks Cyndie! I wasn’t expecting to be off radar that long! Hope that book helps. Seems like more and more we have to figure out what is going on with ourselves
    @carlsoda-Hope you are feeling better. I am not feeling well either I didn’t do well on steps at all today. I am going to bed right after I get off here. how exciting to be so close to your goal! Financial and physical! 2019 is going to be your year!
    @bbcbw- you did great this month!
    @phoebe112476 your pic made me lol! I love my carbs unfortunately!
    @pacsnc6 we will change your weigh in date. With so much going on it is hard to be in a good routine! Hopefully you can get back on track this week.
    @eyesopennow. That’s not too bad. I agree, I resisted a lot but all the eating out and having holiday meals add up.
    @danananas. A little over a pound isn’t bad for Christmas time.
  • cyndiesstuff
    cyndiesstuff Posts: 1,562 Member
    Daily check in for: Friday
    Water: Not enough
    Exercise & Steps: 11887 steps

I am so glad this week is over. I hate to be wishing the days away. But I am. I am nervous about starting this new eating plan. I am not sure how it is going to work. There is definitely going to be a learning curve. And that is what is bothering me. I am so fatigued. How do I get the energy? Maybe i spend today working on a menu. I will try. I am already get negative feedback from the ole boy. This won't be easy.

@ljdanny sometimes vacations are meant for exactly what you did. Taken it easy and doing it in your time. That is ok. everyone needs down time. did you get those new sneakers to go with that fitbit?

@carlsoda I am glad you are on the mend. Ahhh and back to work after a holiday is usually lots of work where i am at to. That is a great goal for 2019. I have been working on that same thing. Every month i pay extra on the principal. Yes! a healthy weight! beautiful goal. Slow and steady wins the race girl.

@Mrsbell8well look at the new you go. planning ahead for a tough trip. very mindful. love it. ohhh man, i hope he is ok. how is mil? love the winter leggens! sooo cute.

@eyesopennow i love it that you do yoga. it so good for your body. good job at taking care of you.

@nstephenson01 you right our snow is usually pretty wet. but it makes for a great snow man. now my dog loves the light fluffy stuff. as for logging, start creating your own recipes in mfp. it is time consuming at first but once the recipes are in there you can reuse them and it is pretty close to accurate.

@sleepymom5 ohhh nooo i hope your not getting sick for the new year. sometimes rest is the best thing for you. take care.

@Mandi5512 i agree. a maintain is a good thing. now kick it into gear sister and start the new year with a bang!!

• Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    ATTN ALL FAT 2 FIT CHALLENGERS.
    ONLY THE MODERATORS AND CAPTAINS CAN EDIT ON THE SPREAD SHEETS. THIS IS SO WE ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MISTAKES OR BOOBOOS WE MAY MAKE.
    I WILL POST THE LINK TO THE SPREAD SHEETS AND YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO VIEW THEM AND RAISE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR DATA THAT YOU MAY HAVE. YOU CAN RAISE THOSE QUESTIONS WITH YOUR CAPTAINS OR ONE OF US MODERATORS @steplaj @mari_moulin @Beka3695 @Navydaddjtc
    HOW EVER THAT IS FAR AS IT GOES FOR A CHALLENGER. SO HERE IS THE LINK TO THE JANUARY SPREAD SHEETS AND THE DECEMBER SPREADSHEETS

DECEMBER......https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GyL2UdJigkWrDMW89eUrmVmzRxqSemRvN-MMcohhBqY/edit?ts=5beb3ef7#gid=0

JANUARY....https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18SYOiF4mYRUqxP4nFxXOreq9Diq30ArGoRc43KuIrw0/edit#gid=0

ANY QUESTION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ANYONE OF US MODERATORS OR CAPTAINS
    THANKS GREG
  • sleepymom5
    Sleepymom5
    Friday
    Week 4
    Previous: 205.2
    Current: 206
    Steps 66,161
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,428 Member
    Morning all! Yesterday was a good day, made it through work got in my steps and yoga and watched a couple of run shows on Netflix - I highly recommend Watership Down. Not for little kids though!

I am forming some plans for 2019 - I am thinking of doing a low carb Whole 30. I have a couple more days to form my plans, but I essentially eat this way anyhow, just need to make a couple of changes!
  • sleepymom5
    Daily check in for: Friday
    Water: A lot...water and tea
    Exercise & Steps: No exercise and very low steps-3276

I am still not feeling well so this will be quick, I am not sure if I will exercise or hit my steps again today. I just want to sleep. I really just have a bad cold that struck when I was at my friends house and got worse as the day went on. I had to stop for medicine and tea to get through my 2.5 hour trip home. I am not going to lie, I am disappointed my weight is up. If it was any other week, I wouldn't care as much but it is the end of the month and the years so I was hoping for a loss. I actually gained more like two from Monday. I am hoping it is because I had a lot of carbs and chicken soup yesterday. Maybe the sodium? We are going to the shore for New Years but not sure when we are leaving. I am not in a rush as 1. I am sick and 2. the sooner we go, the sooner the eating out and drinking starts. We also don't want to leave our 18yo home alone. Not quite sure we trust her enough yet lol! Might have to ship her off to one of her siblings Lol! My don Danny just got a puppy so I am sure she would love to go there. She always says her oldest sister Nicole is her "3rd parent" . Lol! Oh well, rest and lots of fluids today for me. If I feel better later, I want to get on my new bike. It is pretty cool but still have a lot to figure out. I was trying to do a video the other day, I was peddling away and next thing I know the guy is on the floor doing a plank. I want to preview the videos so I know what to expect. The resistance was too high too so I adjusted it but then it stayed at that level instead of going with the video anymore. It is confusing and no real instructions so maybe trying to figure it out is a good thing to do on a sick day. Hope everyone enjoys the last weekend in 2019!

@Mandi5512 A maintain is good this time of year!
    @cyndiesstuff Can you break it down to more manageable steps? I am thinking if you don't try it, you are always going to wonder if it would work. However, if it is too crazy, there is nothing set in stone saying you have to try. I have heard wonderful things about the anti inflammatory diet but I also know it may be months before you see results but the results are astounding. Hang in there! Hugs! Love your pics! I was thinking of a bon fire last night, but I took my sniffling self to bed. Mack is the cutest! Love that pic!
    @lenka1 Nice loss, especially this time of year.
    @carlsoda You did have a great day yesterday! I really need to look ahead and figure out what I am going to do. The whole 30 I have never tried but I have heard good things about it. Good luck and keep us posted if you like it or not
  • sleepymom5
    Not to pat me and @cyndiesstuff on the back but this has been my favorite challenge since I have been on F2F. It was actually Cyndie's idea and I helped tweak it a little. If you didn't realize, each team has to present a challenge for all the teams to do each month. If anyone ever has any ideas, we would love to hear your input.

Here are my last two-
    Fun Festivities Friday
    ctscnaf5dukt.jpeg
    I love taking Dasiy to the beach, she loves to run and go in the ocean. She is only allowed on the beach Oct-May sadly.
    Silly Saturday-
    qu5sr4hdjzn4.jpg
    Daisy as a butterfly on Halloween. She puts up with a lot! Lol!
This discussion has been closed.