WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Karen - my heart goes out to you, dealing with mental health in family is very very hard.

Kim in N. California
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Toe is better day, but I am also taking drugs. Lol Yoga went well today, and we went to view Christmas lights at a park about 20 minutes from here, and I walked fine. Wrapped my toe back up. It is still swollen and very colorful, so I definitely did something, but I think if it were actually broken, I wouldn't be able to walk on it tonight comfortably.

Kim -- your story about your brother is heartbreaking. I am sorry your nephew isn't able to do what he wants on NYE.

There is more I would like to say, but I had mulled wine on our light tour, and I am sleepy.

Much love to all.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited December 2018
    Kim Yes. I don't deal with what you & your family deal with, though. Not by a long shot.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,482 Member
    Kylia, I was delighted to hear from you and get your update, it wasn't too long at all!
    Okie would you share your beer cheese recipe?
    Lisa the boys "love anything that makes noise" ... except for the vacuum cleaner. ;)
    Felicia Oww! "Who can get hurt in downward facing dog" well that would be me. Broke my wrist trying to learn how to cross country ski ("its just like walking" Not!) and can trip over the pattern in carpet. Safe travels!
    Rebecca that moon phase calendar is mesmerizing!
    Machka
    you are so brave to tackle the story of your husband's injury. 30 mins at a time is a lot! Hope the writing helps you to process the pain and grieve. You are giving yourself, as well as your husband, a great gift.
    Rita beautiful (as always) pics!
    Tracey hope the Dr. appt goes well.
    pip King Rocky :) Girl you have come a long way baby!
    Heather your joint croissant project sounds amazing! Can NOT imagine Joe rolling, laminating croissant dough, though.
    Michele "never take novacaine" :noway: I'm such a wimp about pain if I could talk the DDS into giving me a general, I would!
    Kim and Karen in VA ((hugs))

Welcome enough64!

Empathy to Barbie, Trish and all with colds. Zicam is holding mine at bay, so far... My anchor tooth is having sympathy aches with Allie and all with pending dental procedures.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 21/30, 60 g protein 21/30, rx/vits 23.5/30, meditate 24/30, knee exercises 24/30, SWSY UP 0/8, SWSY LOW 0/8, core 0/8, play with Tumble 12/30, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 17/30.
  • I'm finally able to log in on MFP again after 9 months. MFP sent out an email, warning us that our accounts had been hacked. Since then, I gave not been able to log in.

It is so good to read all the 'old' and familiar names again and to know that so many of you are staying in this forum just to share eventhough you've long time ago reached goal weight.

I've had a bunion op on my left foot in May, which has gone wrong and now can barely walk 1.5km. It is terribly frustrating and have gained 10lbs. I've started going to the gym and manage at least not to gain more weight but am not losing either.
    Now that I can log onto MFP, I can count the calories and lose the execess lbs.

Had I known that bunion operations are so painfull and , if not treated correctly, can cripple you, i would not have done it.
    Please, please consider this type of operation with care.

Good to be back!
    Bianca from South Africa
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    My grandson paid me a very nice compliment yesterday. I fixed lunch for my son's family after they finished church and grandson said I was the best cook and should open a restaurant! :)

PIP ~ The photo of you and Rocky is a living testament to all the hard work you have done to become a healthier you! You were pretty then and more so now! :)

Kim ~ Thinking of you during this difficult time and pray that when your brother passes it will bring peace to you and your family!

Wishing good health to all....colds, bummed toes, teeth, chest aches, and all other aches and pains!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    woke up late for me at 6:45 im usually up at 5 ..but took 10 mg of melatonin so slept pretty well..
    off to feed DFIL and then come home and do some cleaning and laundry,,, our big new years eve party starts at 5 lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Well ladies ... less than an hour until 2019.
  • KetoneKaren
    edited December 2018
    I think it's only 30 minutes until the New Year where Machka lives!
    We still have 16 hours and 30 minutes to go!

Happy New Year's Eve, Everyone!

Karen in Virginia
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Happy New Year everyone! Today is my youngest son's birthday. He's 26. He's single and lives in SC, about 6 hours from us. Today's his last day at home as he leaves tomorrow. We've had a great time with him here, and a visit by my oldest son and his wife for Christmas. We're empty nesters now and it's got it good points and bad points. I know I'll cry when DS leaves, but I'm happy he's in a job he went to college for and that he loves. He's hoping to get another year in there and then head back to Nashville, where he grew up. That will be a day of rejoicing, for sure! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • KetoneKaren
    Silly me. I didn't see Machka's first post. Happy New Year, Machka!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Happy New Year to Machka who got to 2019 before many of us!

I'm narrowing down my word for 2019, I was really thinking about alacrity but have decided on the word keen Here's the definition:

If you have a keen interest in something, you are really, really into it. Keen is an adjective that describes something that is intense, sharp, or focused. The adjective keen comes from the Old English word cene that translates to "bold and brave" and while the spelling is now really different, the sounds are similar.

So basically I'm feeling keen about my goals and about the work ahead. More defined goals to come when Barbie sets up the January thread <3

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    edited December 2018
    Bonnie Happy Birthday to your youngest son! What a good reason for missing him! He is successfully negotiating life as a young adult.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Happy New Year Machka! See you in 2019! B)
    Penny- Love your low key decorations. I am sure lights are wonderful to see and have when it is dark for so long. I can picture you getting ready for your runs and going out and getting it done! You are an inspiration! <3
    Kim-So sorry to hear about the holiday frackas. It happens, it does make it awkward and uncomfortable, but I am sure everyone who was present was understanding.
    Carol- Gotta love those grandkids who love your food! <3
    Pip- First off Ditto to what Carol said about you/the pic of you and Rocky. Second, Have you read the book about the Tarahumara by Christopher Mcdougall, Born To Run...? You, with your vibrams, would love it!

Well, I have to get busy. I have enjoyed my entire vacation time but only have two days left before the kids come back. I need to get done what needs to get done. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly) See you in the new year!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    This reminds me of 2000. They broadcast all the wonderful celebrations from all over the world. They did it in real time. It was my favorite New Year!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,507 Member
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    My grandson paid me a very nice compliment yesterday. I fixed lunch for my son's family after they finished church and grandson said I was the best cook and should open a restaurant! :)

PIP ~ The photo of you and Rocky is a living testament to all the hard work you have done to become a healthier you! You were pretty then and more so now! :)

Kim ~ Thinking of you during this difficult time and pray that when your brother passes it will bring peace to you and your family!

Wishing good health to all....colds, bummed toes, teeth, chest aches, and all other aches and pains!

Carol in GA

Thanks for the compliments. I was on my way to loosing weight by then, don’t remember how much heavier I was. I was in my mid late 30’s, b4 that I was an aerobics instructor, so I knew what u needed to do to get thin, I just didn’t care that much then. Was still dealing with the loss of my husband. Kirby was very patient with me.. I am about as thin and fit as I was in my 30’s , actually I’m in better shape now