WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @spikeyhair, maybe upload to YouTube, then share the link here?
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    I just didn't care.... lots of stress

My life in 2018 as well. Back on the saddle and riding toward a great 2019!! <3
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    So many interesting posts from ppl all over the world.I enjoyed them & loved the pics from the North Pole.Penny,how brave to keep up with running thru the dark cold!

BONNIE,I agree. When all is well with our family,all is well with our world.Right now,DH is suffering thru this nasty cold & doesn’t quite know what to do. Sitting inside is his last choice of where to be,but all the coughing etc leaves little choice.

HEATHER,looks like he has the muscle to get the job done....& lots of help for you.

Our New Yrs Eve consists of soup,appetizers with homemade cookies for dessert. Then we’ll be early to bed,as the New Year comes around even when we aren’t there to welcome it.

Happy New Year to all,Trish is the name MFP changed me to,but Pat in Oh is still me :)

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Barbara ~ I am just what I call a "country cook." My meal was not special at all....pork tenderloin cooked in the Insta Pot with mushroom gravy, Pillsbury Grand frozen biscuits with butter and jelly, rice, and a salad of chopped Romaine, chopped hard boiled eggs, sliced tomatoes and mayo. Grandson is a great eater! :)

Bonnie ~ Sounds like you and your family made great strides in 2018. Getting bills and home paid off and acquiring jobs that were good for all.

Carol in GA

• CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Janet for the information.
    CJ
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    CJ - Welcome back! I've missed you! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Michele .. I used to have my dental procedures without novocaine as well thinking I had a high threshold for pain. That is until a dumb donkey behind of an oral surgeon decided to give me a root canal (on what turned out to be a live root) without any novocaine. It left me so scarred that I've turned into a huge baby at the dentist!

Turns out my family will not be traveling to see my Dad on his 90th birthday tomorrow after all even though the weather looked hopeful. Seems I'm coming down with some kind of respiratory bug and if it's the same thing a co-worker had this past week, then there's a stomach component as well. I will not expose my Dad to that on his birthday!

NY Karen ... the difference between a 12 hour fast and a 19/5 fast, as I understand it, is that more than 12 hours is needed for insulin levels to drop low enough that energy is taken from fat stores instead of available glycogen. 19 hours seems to be the sweet spot for most people, but, of course, everyone is different. I'm still figuring this out, but will keep you posted! If nothing else, it's damage control! Lol!

Bonnie .. I have two sons. The younger turned 21 on the 20th of this month and he will be returning to Nashville next Sunday! He attends Lipscomb University, studying Contemporary Music. If he is successful, he hopes to remain in Nashville ... which breaks my heart as we live near Buffalo, NY.

Beth near Buffalo
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Heather - I loved the picture of John rolling out the croissant dough, but worry about his poor back!

In that pic I saw that your retro clock and the Kitchenaid were both powder blue! When you posted the first picture showing them, they were both white on my screen. I couldn't figure out why everyone was so impressed with the matching colors. I guess I saw the picture after 8:30 pm, when my computer screen shifts its color scale away from blue. :laugh:

Enjoy your croissant!

/Penny (on my phone at the North Pole)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year all!
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Bonnie .. I have two sons. The younger turned 21 on the 20th of this month and he will be returning to Nashville next Sunday! He attends Lipscomb University, studying Contemporary Music. If he is successful, he hopes to remain in Nashville ... which breaks my heart as we live near Buffalo, NY.

@bwcetc, I know Lipscomb well. I used to work not too far from there. I have several friends who are alumni. Let me know if he ever needs anything!
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Thank you Pip
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Penny - his back was ok, but he bumped his head on the sharp cornered shelves above! Ouch!

They came out well. We are having one each tomorrow morning and the rest (13) are already in the freezer. I made a couple of pain chocolat with the end bits. Don’t know who will get those! I've frozen them to avoid temptation.

We've saved a glass of champagne each for midnight. Less than an hour to go, but I'm having trouble staying awake.
    We like to watch Big Ben and the London fireworks. My son sent a video of the fireworks down where they are staying in Cornwall. I'm missing the grandchildren so much. I can hear the occasional fireworks going off in the neighbourhood, but there is no big display.

Nearly there!
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    We're already on the other side. Longyearbyen is a tiny town, but they just put on the best fireworks I've seen since 1984!
    I thought Big Ben was still out of commission. Great if I'm wrong about that because Big Ben and the stroke of twelve are iconic.
    More tomorrow in the new thread and the new year.
    /Penny, still on my phone in the cold but cheery polar night of the high arctic
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options

@bwcetc, I know Lipscomb well. I used to work not too far from there. I have several friends who are alumni. Let me know if he ever needs anything!

Thank you so much! It's always nice to know there are people around!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    last stat for the year:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.38min, 12.4amph, 144mhr, 1.5mi= 99c
    TREADMILL jog- 9.14min, 9.14min mi, 6.3-7.5sp, 155mhr, 1mi= 100c
    bike ride gym 2 bus station- 8.11min, 148mhr, 13.5amph, 1.8mi= 114c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.08min, 12.6amph, 150mhr, 3mi= 166c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.34min, 10.43min mi, 156mhr, .5mi= 74c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 153mhr, 4.07min, 9.02min mi, .4mi= 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.59min, 8.2amph, 148mhr, 2.6mi= 182c

total cal 790
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Penny Heather can confirm this, but I think Big Ben comes out of repair retirement on special occasions like New Year's Eve.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    CSSJ09 wrote: »
    Thank you, Janet for the information.
    CJ

You are very welcome. So nice to hear from you <3

Janetr OKC