What is your favorite Holiday activity?

13»

Replies

• Liana_Ish
    Liana_Ish Posts: 671 Member
    Eating.
  • Liana_Ish
    Liana_Ish Posts: 671 Member
    On the real, decorating for Christmas is my absolute favorite!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    sleeping-in

&

hiding from family members
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    I enjoy putting a star on my head and holding a flashlight while standing in my neighbors front yard at night pretending to be a Christmas tree
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member
    This year it will be drinking 🍷 🍸 🍹
  • caco_ethes wrote: »
    For the last 12 years my busy season at work has coincided with the holidays and i feel like my holiday spirit has almost completely dwindled during that time. However, every now and then I’ll be in someone’s home and they’re making Christmas cut out cookies and listening to Christmas music and burning candles and it transports me back to when i was growing up. My mom loved the holidays and she made them so fun and magical. It makes me sad that I’ve not given my kids the same experience. I need to change that.

That's so amazing! And very heart warming to read! Never give up on the feeling of the holidays!
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    I enjoy breaking a broomstick in half then duct taping each half to the sides of my head while prancing around my neighbors yard and yelling “I’m a reindeer”
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    Baking, making gingerbread houses, wrapping presents... I love our Christmas Eve tradition of everyone getting new jammies =)

When my kids were little I always had new Christmas jammies for them. I miss that tradition, but they will not even humor me for one night anymore.

My favorite thing is late nights when only the lights on the tree are on. It gives me a very peaceful feeling.

My mom kept the Christmas pj's tradition going until I was like 22 years old, which is funny because she wasn't
    "that kind of mom" in most ways. Anyway, I was 20-21 and in college and she bought us both these long matching flannel nightgowns with lacy stuff at the top. They were similar to ones we had years earlier, light blue with tiny flowers and stripes, very 80s. Months later, I was staying with her one weekend & we both had them on. We ordered pizza and the pizza delivery guy was staring at us so strangely. After we paid him and closed the door we both realized why. We probably looked nuts - like we were in some sort of Little House on the Prairie cult!!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Over eating and drinking and thinking "who cares, it's a 'holiday', I'll get back on track in January"
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member

This.....
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Pretending to use the bathroom so I can avoid talking to my weird uncle Sid.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Laughing at all the "New Me" posts after New Years.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    The Flogging of the Venal.
  • stricklee11
    stricklee11 Posts: 218 Member
    edited January 2019
    For Easter, we had this odd tradition growing up where we'd only eat seafood Good Friday through Easter Monday and we'd just watch movies about the life of Christ (so many versions) and the ten commandments. Not religious at all now but Easter is still my favorite holiday.
  • Baking cookies. Binging on them alone. :כ