JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 62

Replies

• FarmerCarla
    FarmerCarla Posts: 470 Member
    @lolakinks and @tlgale When I think about getting off track, I have a copy of a MFP blog post, printed out and displayed as the first page in my keto information/recipe binder, to give me motivation (or a kick in the butt). I'll provide a link, but, for me, the gist is "Feeling good comes later--it's a reward for biting the bullet now." Self-discipline in our eating habits is good exercise for practicing self-discipline in other important areas of our lives. For me, eating isn't the only impulse I have a problem keeping in check.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/The_Movie_Chair/view/walk-through-the-swamp-959755
    Merry Christmas and God bless you!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    Sorry if this is duplicated, I can’t find it.

@tiabirdie56 Sadly I can spend too much time at the sewing machine PHYSICALLY but never enough MENTALLY. Rods in my back, arthritis in probably everywhere, but as I’ve often said, it’s better than the option of being in a wheelchair. I need to set a timer so I stop and move around otherwise I would sew for hours on end.

@MollyMadison2017 Next time, I would not hesitate to say, “You don’t need to bring anything but if you feel you must, please don’t bring sweets. Perhaps a meat and cheese tray or fruit or veggie tray. I’ve worked hard to get where I am and prefer to not have the temptation.” I have not hesitated to tell people what I’m doing eating wise and when I go through the line at our potlucks the servers are great at pointing out the carb loaded foods and know I bring only LCHF/keto dishes. Amazing that I seldom have leftovers to bring home!

@taxgirl1 Are you lactose intolerant? Our daughter went through a battery of tests at 15-16 because she would vomit or have diarrhea at every meal. It turned out a simple breath test showed high output of hydrogen, I believe. The doctor had an “aha moment” and said she was lactose intolerant. That was over 30 years ago before all of the dairy milk alternatives and at the time she was consuming almost a gallon of milk a day by herself!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    edited December 2018
    @FarmerCarla I like the last line of the first comment - One day the light bulb just lights up!

We all need our own personal light bulb.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,642 Member
    @quiltingjaine Where can I find the Keto pecan pie recipe? Or can you share? It would really help my daughter and I during all the festivities between now and New Year's day.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    edited December 2018
  • jenn990205
    jenn990205 Posts: 1,207 Member
    @tiabirdie56 Thanks. It ended up not going as I planned. My oldest had a flat driving back into town, so we had to deal with. I guess his spare was flat to. DH was not pleased, lol. We had to drive about 30 minutes out of town and change. Luckily it happened that close and not further out. He is home safe and sound at least and will be home for a couple of weeks.
  • koirakoira
    koirakoira Posts: 166 Member
    @FarmerCarla Well-said! Also thanks for the link.
    @lolakinks and @tlgale When I think about getting off track, I have a copy of a MFP blog post, printed out and displayed as the first page in my keto information/recipe binder, to give me motivation (or a kick in the butt). I'll provide a link, but, for me, the gist is "Feeling good comes later--it's a reward for biting the bullet now." Self-discipline in our eating habits is good exercise for practicing self-discipline in other important areas of our lives. For me, eating isn't the only impulse I have a problem keeping in check.
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/The_Movie_Chair/view/walk-through-the-swamp-959755
    Merry Christmas and God bless you!