Welcome New Members!

Replies

• MelloMike213
    MelloMike213 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, I am on here (again) trying to lose weight and be a healthier me. A year ago I tried (and failed) at keeping up with it. Not this time, now I’m determined to make my goal. I currently weigh 315.6lbs started at 317.6lbs (app says 306 but that was from a year ago idk how to change it). I could really use some words of wisdom as far as workouts and meal planning go.
  • kirstyannmirvine
    kirstyannmirvine Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I’m Kirsty-Ann, I’m from South Australia and I’m new to MFP! I’m a bride to be and looking for accountability partners. Any other Brides out there or anyone looking for accountability? Let’s support eachother! Add me ☺️💪✌️
  • Ric77777777777
    Ric77777777777 Posts: 2 Member
    New to this any workouts or meal plans to recommend and also how do you add friends thanks 👍
  • tasteofaberry
    tasteofaberry Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I’m not new to the app well kind of. I’ve been here several times but didn’t take advantage of this app. But I’m here again and considered new because some things on this app I don’t understand. I have a loss of 10lbs by cutting back but now I’m on a calorie deficit diet. I’m meeting the goal of calories per day I’ve went over sightly some days but I have mine set to 2lbs a week so I might have a little wiggle room. But I’m happy to be here. Today is my 6th day straight. So I’m proud of that. I just got to figure out how to change the serving size recommendations for when I don’t eat the whole thing. But Hello to all!
  • TheZenaryaa
    TheZenaryaa Posts: 2 Member
    Not really new to the app, but I'm back again after a long break! Started my journey several years ago, lost a bunch of weight, but now I've gained it all back again, and ready to lose the weight again and keep it off!

Would love new friends for feed motivation, and to support along their journeys!
  • KittyMasterFlex
    KittyMasterFlex Posts: 1 Member
    Hello!
    I'm new.
    I started my weight loss Journey in 9th grade when I gained some weight.
    I started Working out every day and eating very healthy and I lost 30 lbs in just 3 Months!

I am now 28 years old
    I gained some weight due to my unhealthy eating habits when I was 22.

Between 22-25, instead of eating right, I don't eat at all and that's how I stayed skinny,
    Then I started eating and was not eating right so my weight would fluctuate immensely.

When I was 26 I finally started eating right and working out and maintaining a weight I was happy with.

I recently last year gained a good amount of weight due to stress and depression.

Now I am eating right, meal plans, calorie counting, and easing into exercising ( Fast walking, casual walking, Calestetics at the house) and I am very excited.
  • ToeKneeBoVee
    ToeKneeBoVee Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there, Tony here. I've had this app since almost the very beginning of it. I've used it here and there, but never stuck with it. This past week is the longest I think I've used it. I have lots of weight to lose. I was back up to 452-lbs. Almost big enough to get on a TV show! I lost a few before I started the app, I was 448-lbs on Monday 3/21. I am down 15 pounds on Saturday 3/26. Just wanted to toot my own horn for a second. I know that these pounds lost means nothing unless I keep them off. Feel free to add me as a friend on here. It's nice to see other's putting effort in right along with me.
  • joeandabbysmom
    joeandabbysmom Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all. My name is Karen. I'll be the big 50 in october. I'm married almost 22 years and have an almost 15 and almost 19 year old. I've struggled with my weight since I was 10 years old. I have tried atkins, south beach dash etc. I even had lap band surgery where I lost 80 pounds but have gained all of it back and more :( I want to be successful this time. I'm tired of feeling tired and not being able to do things my family wants to do. I'm tired of not being able to keep up and finding weight limits when I go places. I could use a support system. My family is supportive but I feel like I need to reach outside my family.
  • cmvt4
    cmvt4 Posts: 25 Member
    Hello! I am starting over on MFP and looking for motivation & support!
  • vixenjen222
    vixenjen222 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! Me too! I got tired of teaching then gained more weight. I really need to be tracking! So I’m back to mFP.
  • madeleinebolt696
    madeleinebolt696 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello! My name is Maddie :) I am using my fitness pal to connect and meet other people who are also wanting to make healthier choices!
    I would love to exchange tips on food and how to keep motivated
    Feel free to add me as a friend would love to chat to you all :)
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    need more supporting friends! feel free to add me
  • JCisthewaytruthlife
    JCisthewaytruthlife Posts: 21 Member
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Liz, wife to a wonderful husband, and mom to 3 blessings!
    Between weight gain from my third pregnancy to my thyroid horomones being whacked, I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I'm not terribly overweight but I don't want to be overweight at all. I started 20 days ago counting calories and walking 4 miles a day. I take a break on Sundays. Goal is 145lbs, I've already lost 9.
  • BatCola
    BatCola Posts: 64 Member
    Hello all long time member but always mess up... back and looking for support.
  • Tazibee
    Tazibee Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, new to the app, trying to find a way to be more active on the app so that I can get better in tracing my micros. I'm Taz from Cape Town South Africa
  • sandralucille2016
    sandralucille2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! New here! Enjoying this app. Trying to be discipline and finally be committed this time around! Let’s do this!! 💪🏼
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Good luck @sandralucille2016
  • ShelleyBeth_61
    ShelleyBeth_61 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I’m new too. Love the app and the plans that give me small tasks each day. Is anyone else working a plan?
  • chocorange35
    chocorange35 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello everyone, l also have been here before, but as I am getting older (nearly 52) l thought l need to take better care of myself! I have already lost a bit of weight before restarting on here but thought this would give me extra motivation. Currently a bit frustrated as I have tested positive for covid and can't go out so its difficult to exercise properly, I have been trying to do a bit of stretching in the interim. Finding weight loss much slower now I am over 50 :# .Pleased to be here and best of luck to everyone , we are definitely not alone ❤