Welcome New Members!

Replies

• M_Polat
    M_Polat Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I am a newbie too. Would like to get interesting weight loss ideas. At the present I weight 86 kg and my tall is 1,68 m. What do you suggest me?
  • PDX_Diamond
    PDX_Diamond Posts: 3 Member
    Hello all! I'm getting back into fitness. It is hard! I have a personal trainer and I am in full-time nursing school. I rarely have time to cook let alone exercise. But I am making time. My short-term goal is to lose one dress size by the end of April and another size by September. The ultimate weight loss I need is a total of 65 lbs. I need encouragement and I love to give encouragement. Let's pump each other up and get this going! Good luck everyone and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jrivera7814
    jrivera7814 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2023
    Just joining mfp, great to be here! :)
    I want to reduce calorie intake, increase exercise, any be more mindful of my food choices.
    Lets get it guys
  • Macgirl30
    Macgirl30 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi i am here for the third time after years of not using this app and I am looking to keep up with how things are going.

Im aiming to maintain current weight, stay active, keep choices open to what food I can have without going mad with the takeaways and helping people here in any way I can.

Good luck peeps!

• Macgirl30
    Macgirl30 Posts: 2 Member
    Just joining mfp, great to be here! :)
    I want to reduce calorie intake, increase exercise, any be more mindful of my food choices.
    Lets get it guys

Ah great, good luck! If interested there are loads of ideas for exercises over on Pinterest and places like tiktok. I would recommend you to go browse around :)
  • SymonShrooms
    SymonShrooms Posts: 3 Member
    Just started today. Ive tried many apps in the past, hoping that this one works for me.
  • Wishbone07
    Wishbone07 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello all! I am Vickie, I live with my husband Charlie and our German Shepard Sasha in Northern Virginia, outside of DC. I has RNY Gastric Bypass on 6/29/22 and at the time I started prepping for the surgery I weighed 326 lbs. Since then I have lost 55 lbs, and have begun to experience the benefits of weighing less, like being able to walk, sleeping better, more energy, etc. This is a hard way to lose weight, there is a lot of change, and many restrictions. But I needed all of those things to change bad habits I've had since to 90's. I hope to learn from all of you!

Awesome!
  • Wishbone07
    Wishbone07 Posts: 3 Member
    ctrb1959 wrote: »
    Hey there!

I am Tracy and I will soon be 63.

I have been obese since I was 11yo. I am in need of two knee replacements and I have to get my weight down to qualify. My knees are so bad that I walk with at least one and sometimes two canes.

Since I don't want to be in a wheelchair and want to be more active, I made the commitment to do whatever I could to get healthy and stay that way.

I look forward to being part of the community and making life better with all of you!❤

Hi. I have about 100 lbs to lose and would like to be friends if you wish.

Add me if you still need support... I am trying to lose the same.. I'm 76
  • ciliangwe
    ciliangwe Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I’m Cilia from Cameroon. Happy to be a part of this community
  • Chantebien29
    Chantebien29 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! I have used MFP in the past; but, find it not near as easy to use for the community part now. The food tracking is great however and I have lost about 8 pounds since late Dec. Anyone else finding the "Community" part hard to navigate????
  • blaz_lorencic
    blaz_lorencic Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! Ups and downs... that's life. We need to strugle a little to become better version of our self. Add me as friend to keep motivation up. 😄
  • TheRavenspurn
    TheRavenspurn Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all,

I am returning to MFP, but I lost the email account I used to use.
    I have been sedentary for a bit since working from home starting Feb 2022, and gained a fair bit, topping out at 240 lbs, or 110 kg.
    Since rejoining, I have lost around 6 kg, hopefully looking to go back to 90kg or 195 lbs.

Even tracking the intake is making a difference to my psychology.
  • mbc34
    mbc34 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, my name is Mary Beth and I turned 60 last year I have about 100 pounds to lose. I have MS and am Diabetic (under control). I'm determined to lose a minimum of 40 lbs by next year.
  • leej8762
    leej8762 Posts: 3 Member
    Helloooooo....I'm Katie....not new but new to the discussion
  • nnarroya1544
    nnarroya1544 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new in here, just signed on here. So hoping to use this to check how many canaries I eat per day. I will search how to do this to monitor what I eat and my health. I have been recommended this app from a trainer in a pre-diabetic programme.
  • OldLadySoul
    OldLadySoul Posts: 11 Member
    I'm new. I was on Fitday.com for over a decade but it shut down. I lost all my information and foods. Now I have to start all over. I find fitness pal superior to fitday. I wish I had found it sooner.

• MaribelR777
    MaribelR777 Posts: 2 Member
    I came back to MyFitnessPal and the 5 friends I have they’re not active. I need new friends that we can share our goal so we can stay motivated!!! Don’t be afraid to add me friend! ☺️
  • laquita606
    laquita606 Posts: 43 Member
    Hi everyone, somewhat new here had the app for a while just now starting to use it. Looking for friends to share goals and motivation as well as help keep each other on track. My goals are to be more active and work on my nutrition as well as loss weight. I need to loss 100Ib it’s a hard journey with ups and downs.
  • Saruzx
    Saruzx Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone!! I want to be a successful story!! Proud to be in this journey together. Let's cheer each other on