Welcome New Members!

Replies

• MeganLuna13
    MeganLuna13 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi everyone!

I lost 28 pounds but then lost a close member of family and fell off the wagon for a bit ... but I'm back! Looking for some friends to to motivate and be motivated. Have a good weekend :)

G
  • Osoxupit
    Osoxupit Posts: 4 Member
    Hey Fitness Peeps !!! I'm new so please join me!!
  • firework18
    firework18 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2023
    Hi,
    I have been gaining and losing the same 30 lbs my entire life. I lost 30 lbs most recently just before the pandemic but it slowly crept back again during the past 3 years and I need to get back on the wagon.

Looking for any other weight loss buddies to support and commiserate with.

I’m 39 and 5’ 3”/164 lbs. In the past, lower carb diets & exercise & 16:8 IF worked for me so I am trying to get back on that wagon.
  • arachnobat
    arachnobat Posts: 1 Member
    Hey! Since the pandemic, I went from generally sitting comfortably between 10 and 11 stone to currently being over 15 stone, and it's genuinely making me anxious to leave the house because I'm so unhappy with how I look. So time to stop whinging about it and make a change! I've tried and failed to get into a gym routine three times now after being too self-conscious to go, but I've now got a treadmill and exercise bike at home, and now that I'm living alone, I'm trying to get into the habit of batch cooking healthy meals.

My goal is to get back down to 10 - 11 stone, so wish me luck!
  • SteveBee72
    SteveBee72 Posts: 2 Member
    Been doing this for almost a week. 50 years old! Ive been on a diet for most of my life, despite being fairly active. Just finished doing WW which I did for 10! years! I’ve lost 6lb in the last 19 days 😊
  • SteveBee72
    SteveBee72 Posts: 2 Member
    SteveBee72 wrote: »
    Been doing this for almost a week. 50 years old! Ive been on a diet for most of my life, despite being fairly active. Just finished doing WW which I did for 10! years! I’ve lost 6lb in the last 19 days 😊

Wow I can hardly hear for all the welcome posts.. how encouraging! 😜
  • Karina_Mello_
    Karina_Mello_ Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2023
    Hello,
    My name is Karina. I use the app since 2021 and I’m focused in gain mass.
  • CaptArmadillo
    CaptArmadillo Posts: 3 Member
    Hello
    I'm Ken. Not my first rodeo here. I was in the best shape of my life in 2017-2018. Pandemic and depression issues hit and I let myself go and gained 130lbs. Time to get back on track. Looking for friends to help keep me accountable.
  • mangundhlatanyarazwa
    mangundhlatanyarazwa Posts: 1 Member
    Hey. I've just joined. I'm trying to get consistent and gain lean muscle.
    I'm hoping this will help with my accountability.
  • PNWtexasgirl
    PNWtexasgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone! I am starting my weight loss journey and am hoping to lose 123 pounds total! I'm in my early 30's and would love friends with a similar goal near my age to keep each other accountable and to motivate! I live in the beautiful PNW and enjoy outdoors and reading :)
  • Tat2Baby23
    Tat2Baby23 Posts: 3 Member
    Back at this again after scaring myself on the scales. Need friends willing to question my choices, and keep me in line, please!
  • RockChalkDoc30
    RockChalkDoc30 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all! It sounds like we all have a lot in common. I lost ~35 lbs before the pandemic and was working out (lifting weights) 4-5 times a week. I've fallen off and have gained most of my weight back. Really wantings a group of friends to keep me focused and engaged on healthy living!
  • donsm40
    donsm40 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, hope you're all keeping well. I'm from Northern Ireland, just recently turned 40 and want to get into shape and lose the extra weight. I am going to lose 20lbs and would love some friends on here. Add me and we can chat and support eachother
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
    hello, my names grumpy dumpty aka, Gareth, currently on a 2915 streak, former member of the 100 pound club, but life and stuff got in the way,
    Currently over 3 stone (42 pounds down) since my battle with alcohol ,would love some new motivation
  • jec7724
    jec7724 Posts: 11 Member
    New here . Hello all. Working to loose 40lbs.
  • shann55437
    shann55437 Posts: 47 Member
    Hello. My name is Shannon. I was gone for awhile. I am going to try this again. I am getting my health in order and need to make this work. Tracking myself is my accountability. Fingers crossed here goes nothing!
  • marine2f2
    marine2f2 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2023
    Hello All,

In my early 40s and I'm ready to try and get back into shape. I let things go for too long and got way too complacent with my life. Would love to have some friends and motivators on here to chat with along my way to losing about 40 lbs

Good luck!!!
  • mckenleyreeves
    mckenleyreeves Posts: 1 Member
    hi my names aaron wanna get really into a fitness and nutrition routine. always looking to learn more and inspire others to meet their goals
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 228 Member
    34 year old, alcoholic, whos now 1 year sober, currently on a final " lets try again " 8 year logging streak, follow me for laughs and motivation
  • caryl_o
    caryl_o Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I’m 64 years old and need to lose at least 50 pounds. My best friend and I are going to celebrate our birthdays next year by going on a cruise and I don’t want to carry all this weight with me. I was on steroids for around two years, but am finally off and wanting to get healthier and feel better. My main problem is my lack of desire to exercise. In other words, I’m lazy. Any encouragement would be appreciated.