GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    We have room for many more! Come and join us:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129744-sugar-addicts

[/quote]

Thanks for the link.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    GrokRock,

About ten years ago I was in a group that was focused on NO Sugar.

I can say that the Forbidden part of it just didn't work for me. I have a problem with sugar - or at least I did have a problem with sugar and I've learned to manage it most of the time. Sometimes I'll still have an entire bag of cookies, but meh - it's not gonna kill me. I'm at a healthy weight and all my blood results are good.

The NO part of our group became a big sticking point. Those trying to not eat any added sugar railed against those in the group who used the group as a kind of Confessional to talk about all the yummy treats they were so "bad" and had eaten.

It set up a Us vs Them mentality in the group and led to the group self-imploding. I don't know what the solution for that is - but the setting up of a group with its banner being a "NO SUGAR" graphic would put me off joining. It sounds way too much like a Rule and there are enough rules in life, to be honest.

I'm sure you will find your way. I'm just saying that expecting a sub-group on MFP to be the answer may be over-looking the very best Experience Strength and Hope that this site has to offer. There are solutions all over this site.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member