Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Dry January! No Alcohol!

Replies

• GlasscandleGlasscandle Posts: 89Member Member Posts: 89Member Member
    Had all kinds of traveling and meetings at the start of Jan and classes started Weds. so started this weekend. On Day 2 and decided to check out the Community link and found this thread. I’m in.
  • RedordeadheadRedordeadhead Posts: 494Member Member Posts: 494Member Member
    I'm about an extra 1lb down, compared to where I'd normally be. I had been accounting for alcoholic drinks in my logging but not having them makes it easier for me to stick with healthier food choices, so I'm able to maintain my calorie deficit more easily.
  • Fitness327wkFitness327wk Posts: 823Member Member Posts: 823Member Member
    Doing great! That is awesome on your weight loss by staying dry. I am motivated as well, weigh in on Monday. Regardless, I am working out harder and eating healthy with no wine. Saving calories! If the scale doesn’t show it on Monday I know in the long run it will since I am DOING IT!

I am feeling great too! 😃
  • BethE238BethE238 Posts: 136Member Member Posts: 136Member Member
    Today is day 16 for me. I plan to go until Feb 3. I’ve lost 10lbs and my skin looks AMAZING! I thought it would be harder than it has been, but I’ve noticed two big triggers that make me want my evening glass(es) of wine, which is good to be mindful of when I add it back in a few weeks.
    That is fantastic! I also can’t believe how much better I feel and loving how my skin looks too. Hardest time for me is “cocktail hour” before dinner. I have changed it for hot tea and each day easier and easier!

Proud of all making changes in 2019! Whether it’s deciding to give up alcohol for dry January, sweets, eating junk or whatever it may be for you, great job!
  • Sabine_StroehmSabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,339Member, Premium Member Posts: 19,339Member, Premium Member
    I'm on day 13. The scale is cooperating. My body is ridding itself of the "meno-pounds". Happy Sabine!
  • cavatinnecavatinne Posts: 17Member Member Posts: 17Member Member
    Had a great week and more important a great weekend..which is my weak point. Here comes the But: last nite I did have a juice glass size of red wine with my dinner. I decided not to beat myself up over it as my usual Sat. and Sunday would have been several large glasses. Still in for challenge and trying to focus on process goals for long term change beyond January versus short term outcome goal only to go back to old pattern after January ends. So far only down 1.5lb I am already at my maintenance weight and have not been able to work out this past week so maybe more to come off. Wishing everyone the best upcoming week. Stay positive and celebrate your success and keep slip ups in perspective!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,442Member Member Posts: 6,442Member Member
    In search of a 0 cal beer. Today I tried Becks. Excellent. Tastes exactly like the real stuff. I am searching for great zero cal beer not because of dry january but because of calories :)

11093.jpg
    Athletic Brewing co. A craft brewery dedicated to non alcoholic beer..they are in state of CN and ship..have not tried it yet..
    Not sure how many calories..doubt zero..not sure such a thing is made
    crazyravr wrote: »
    In search of a 0 cal beer. Today I tried Becks. Excellent. Tastes exactly like the real stuff. I am searching for great zero cal beer not because of dry january but because of calories :)

11093.jpg

Zero alcohol yes but I've never found a zero calorie beer. If there is such a thing please share!
    Sorry typo... meant to say low calorie zero alcohol beer. You could have 3 of these a party instead of 1 of the regular ones and no one would even know. They look the same.
    I want zero calorie wine! Lol!
    Had a great week and more important a great weekend..which is my weak point. Here comes the But: last nite I did have a juice glass size of red wine with my dinner. I decided not to beat myself up over it as my usual Sat. and Sunday would have been several large glasses. Still in for challenge and trying to focus on process goals for long term change beyond January versus short term outcome goal only to go back to old pattern after January ends. So far only down 1.5lb I am already at my maintenance weight and have not been able to work out this past week so maybe more to come off. Wishing everyone the best upcoming week. Stay positive and celebrate your success and keep slip ups in perspective!

Great job and the changes you are making!! One small glass instead of several big ones is a win! Same here I have really cut back and thankful for the reduction!

Well there are the 10cal / cup juices :)

That would be amazing!
  • KarinafabulousKarinafabulous Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    I am in. I too am used to sitting down to a movie with wine. I know I will feel better without the wine though.
    I have to say without the wine in January, my workouts are better in the morning! I am looking forward to waking up in the morning and heading to my Barre studio for a great workout!
  • Alpha12Alpha12 Posts: 252Member Member Posts: 252Member Member
    While I may have stumbled along the way, this January has been WAY drier for me than any previous one, or any other month of the year for that matter. He're we are at mid-month, and I've only had wine twice since the 1st! I am feeling great and plan to continue.
    I have to say without the wine in January, my workouts are better in the morning! I am looking forward to waking up in the morning and heading to my Barre studio for a great workout!

I too feel that my workouts are better and I enjoy them more. What barre studio do you go to? How many classes per week do you take? I'm a fitness afficionado myself thus the questions. :smile:

edited January 15
    @Alpha12.

Awesome job to you! I go to Barre3 and its awesome! I was only going twice a week; however, I have upt my game and going at least four times a week since the beginning of January!

What are your workouts?