JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 63

Options

Replies

• tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @taxgirl1, A serving of almonds is 10 nuts. A cup of almond flour is said to contain 90-100 nuts. Almonds have phytic acid in the skins, their protection to not be eaten and almonds contain polyunsaturated fats, omega 6, which we should limit. PUFA's cause inflammation and slow metabolism, prevent absorption of nutrients and more I'm sure. All raw nuts should be soaked first. Each has a different soaking time. I don't eat almonds anymore without soaking and sprouting them first. I have blanched almond flour but rarely use it. Try soaked and sprouted almonds, they are easy to digest. That is the way to eat the whole nut. 10 raw almonds in small jar filled with purified water. Soak for 8 to 10 hours or overnight. There will be a tiny white "tail" on the pointed end. That is the sprout. They will soften and plump up from being soaked. Rinse, remove skins, dry and eat. If you have a dehydrator, you can soak, rinse, dry and dehydrate an entire pkg of almonds.

@jecky74, Happy Belated Birthday!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,815 Member
    Options
    @abowersgirl They said on the news last night that these are the lowest forecasted temps in 3 years.

@jecky74 Happy belated birthday!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @wellnfree, I also looked over my year of logging on MFP, from January 1, 2018 to yesterday. The eye opener was my start of intermittent fasting and a month later when I started keto. The change of foods eaten from one month to the next. Very valuable insight. Some of those beginning days and weeks of keto, I plan to copy meals (and tweak to my current calorie allowance) to days going forward.