Eating out for Holiday Dinners

2»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    since I do all the shopping, cooking, and cleaning... this new idea to do a destination holiday or go out to eat is totally selfish. I have zero problem ending the tradition of being the family slave . lol. So, yeah,,going to restaurant is very appealing, especially to the one who is doing all the work.

More fool you for being the slave in the first place!

I cooked today, so I left the clearing away and washing up to someone else! Seems fait to me!

Yup, I do the meal prep, so hubby does all the cleaning up afterwards. Which is fine with me, because me and my food baby need a wee bit of a lie down after dinner! :D
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    since I do all the shopping, cooking, and cleaning... this new idea to do a destination holiday or go out to eat is totally selfish. I have zero problem ending the tradition of being the family slave . lol. So, yeah,,going to restaurant is very appealing, especially to the one who is doing all the work.

I cooked today, so I left the clearing away and washing up to someone else! Seems fait to me!

I was joking when I called myself a slave..see the 'lol". genius.

The point of my original post is that I'm thinking of eating out next year because I've lose all my weight this year, and for the first time I found the eating at home and all the food during the holidays a burden.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member

I was joking when I called myself a slave..see the 'lol". genius.

The point of my original post is that I'm thinking of eating out next year because I've lose all my weight this year, and for the first time I found the eating at home and all the food during the holidays a burden.

It may feel easier next year when you aren’t stressed over the thought of regaining the weight and are more used to a new way of life. Last year the holidays were extremely stressful for me but this year I had coping strategies in place and knew I would be fine.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    As I learn how to maintain my weight, I find these two ideas would really work during the holidays.

1. Eat Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner out at a restaurant, No leftovers..no nibbling as you cook. You eat the meal..even desert and walk away.

2. Be one of those nuts who run a 3 or 5 k on Thanksgiving. If you ate out and exercised that day.. you'd never gain.

Now if I could talk my family into this.. I'd be home free.

@elisa123gal I’m with you! I wish I could get my fam out to a restaurant for the holidays. Nope. I’ll keep trying though. ☺️