Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Replies

• proudmotherof6proudmotherof6 Member Posts: 40 Member Member Posts: 40 Member
    Hi I would like to join the group! I am 29 years old and I need to start taking care of myself ( emotionally, physically and mentally). I also hate looking at myself in the mirror :( . I also have two kids ( 13 and 10) and work a full time job. I would like to have friends with similar goals as myself, to live a healthier lifestyle.

CW 224
    GW 145

Welcome! Keep finding motivation so you can reach your goal weight. Push yourself and no matter what don't give up! Ask yourself everyday: if I were to give up now how would I feel six months from now?
  • Running2FitRunning2Fit Member Posts: 704 Member Member Posts: 704 Member
    I did not do yoga today. I was having stomach issues all day so I mostly just laid on the couch. I don’t feel to bad though since it was a rest day anyway.

I did stick to my calorie goal 🙂
  • CowgirlConnieMayCowgirlConnieMay Member Posts: 306 Member Member Posts: 306 Member
    I worked out for 60 minutes... loved it!
    3 miles under 30 minutes this morning! Now I just get to relax the rest of the weekend 🙂
  • ShopGirl9999ShopGirl9999 Member Posts: 691 Member Member Posts: 691 Member
    February personal challenge: push ups...start slow and build.

Will be doing it daily!
    February personal challenge: push ups...start slow and build.

Will be doing it daily!

I am so horrible at push-ups! I still do them on my knees! One day I will be able to do an actual push-up...maybe lol

Good luck on your challenge :)
  • echoroyal79echoroyal79 Member Posts: 72 Member Member Posts: 72 Member
    Hi ladies and gents. What if we work on important part of our body, the CORE. Join in this weeks challenge. See if you can do it everyday.
    jkvbpoe2tbeo.jpg
    Forgot to mention to add the plank. Aim for 30s to 1 min.
    Yes love the challenge
    I do push ups on my knees too...but its still awesome workout!
  • jumpingjenkinsjumpingjenkins Member Posts: 18 Member Member Posts: 18 Member
    I am checking in.....I can feel minor changes in my abs and I miss it if I can't make it to a dance fit or boot camp class. I feel like I'm not yelling at my kids as much and overall happier. But my weight is not really moving on the scale. Looking for non-scale victories...
  • SteelkidSteelkid Member Posts: 44 Member Member Posts: 44 Member
    I'm switching from honey wheat to whole wheat, increasing water, decreasing salt and sugar and beginning some light physical activity.
    @jumpingjenkins - do you take measurements? I find it to be a helpful, non-scale way to measure progress. I only take them on the first of the month but it seems like some people take them more frequently. Also, I take tons of progress pictures! Pretty much any day I need a boost in motivation I just take a new picture and compare it to old ones.

I'm just checking in for the day. Today is a rest day and I need it! January burned me out doing workouts every day. My new training plan (Hal Hidgon's novice 10K training plan) schedules in 2 rest days a week and I think that's much more sustainable for me. I feel like my workouts are stronger and more effective when I get those rest days. I also started running outside this week and it's made a huge difference! I knocked 2 full minutes off my average pace on my 3 mile run on Saturday.
  • CowgirlConnieMayCowgirlConnieMay Member Posts: 306 Member Member Posts: 306 Member
    Hi all... I'm finally back in the 150s!! It's been awhile. Still have a good 2 weeks of steady computer stuff but smarter food choices have worked with workouts most days
  • Fammy04Fammy04 Member, Premium Posts: 46 Member Member, Premium Posts: 46 Member
    Hi everyone,

My name is Eden and I'm 29 years old. I seem to have problems sticking to healthy eating habits. Every time I think my goal is within reach, I always fall and gain weight again. I have social anxiety, so I don't like being around other people. I even avoid going outside so that I don't have to deal with anyone, which limits outdoor activities. I have two dogs and I feel like I'm guilty for not taking them out as much as I should. Because of everything, I stay home a lot and snack. I could definitely use an accountability buddy or two to get through this. Looking forward to meeting some people here to work on myself. Little steps.

CW 150
    GW 125
    Weekly Weigh-In
    12/31 - 147.5
    01/07 - 146.2
    01/14 - 145.1
    01/21 - 144.4
    01/28 - 144.0
    02/04 - 141.4

A really big loss from last week (for me anyway). Pretty sure I just dropped a bunch of water weight I was holding onto during my period. But it’s always nice to see the scale going down :)

I need to get in a 2.5 mile run today. The weather is awful here but I think I’ll do it outside anyway.
    Weather sucked on my run, wind makes running hard!
    I agree running in the wind is the worst!
    I walked to the gym in my apartment complex and it was closed! I wish they had sent out an email letting us know. I did two YouTube workouts instead.