AJB1014 wrote: »
    We did it!!!

Beautiful! Congratulations - hope you had the best day ever x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Good Doctor's Report today on my follow up
    Saying No is working for me...
    My Improved Numbers
    BLOOD PRESSURE... DOWN 138/70 YIPPIEEEEE!!!
    WEIGHT DOWN 2 POUNDS 334 TODAY YIPPIEEEEE!!!
    PULSE... 60
    NEXT VISIT IN SEPTEMBER
    However, I plan to get a weight check before July 20 to see if I can reach my goal of 25
    pounds down.
    I'm so relieved about my blood pressure.
    Thanks for being here for me everyone😀
    Every time I accomplish something you win too.

Whoop! Brilliant news Mary, well done!
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    8/53 complete

9/53 goals
    1600 cals
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2019
    Decent day diet-wise yesterday, so at least I started the week well. Today I'm going to a picnic after work with workmates which will be challenging. You can really rack up a lot of calories through grazing and drinking. My plan is to take some nice diet soft drink to mix with the alcohol, to reduce alcohol calories (and also reduce food calories as alcohol encourages me to eat!) And to take sensible portions of food, logging as I go. Overall, I plan to stay within maintenance. Will check in tomorrow and let you know how it went!

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green with a deficit :neutral:Had a glass of wine to celebrate the boyfriend getting a pay rise, which wiped out the deficit (but still 2 in the green!)
    - 4 bottles water :smiley:
    - No alcohol :neutral:As above
    - Exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:I struggle with this at dinner as I'm always really hungry by then and want to wolf food down!
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:Didn't really have any
    - Give myself credit! :smile:
    - Stay positive :neutral:I was working on a really boring report which depressed me a lot. Hard to stay cheerful...

- 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Read response cards x2 :neutral:Just once
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo :neutral: Duolingo only
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :smile:
    - Finish work by 7pm :smile:
    - Quality time with boyfriend :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log EVERYTHING I eat
    - Stay within maintenance
    - 3+ bottles water
    - Buy diet soft drink to take to picnic

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo
    - Leave evening out by 9
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 2 in green

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation):

June 10th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 11th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 12th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 13th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 14th: >:):smiley:
    June 15th: >:):smiley:
    June 16th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 17th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 18th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 19th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 20th: >:):smiley:
    June 21st: >:):smiley:
    June 22nd: >:)>:)
    June 23rd: :smiley::smiley:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Quick post of goals before I head to work...

Monday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ longest ever at 18km! 1:44
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - GaG on arrival ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - hydrate! ✅
    - call new school with reference for IW ✅
    - groceries on way home ✅
    - kids hair wash ✅
    - June challenge ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Tuesday goals:
    - laundry ✅
    - morning workout ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - pay contribution for class reps
    - see head to rearrange appraisal
    - plant 2x sunflowers
    - print market day invites and tickets
    - hydrate!
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - leave by 5:30, text C to preheat oven
    - post TofE doc
    - lay out running gear
    - bed by 9:30

Have a great day all x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday June 26

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 918 Member
    Morning everyone

@AJB1014 , beautiful photo, many congratulations!

I didn't set any goals at all the last couple of days. I have felt very down and ate too many snacks (like that will help me feel better!). So...must improve!

JFT Tuesday 25th June

Log everything, haven't logged properly for weeks
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk with friend
    Order painkillers, research new one
    Phone bank for father
    Stay positive
    Adopt Mary's idea...say no to myself!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited June 2019
    Good morning

JFT ~|~ 2019
    Did this a few years ago.

FOOD:
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros ✅
    • follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins strength ✅ 17 mins lower body
    • 15+ mins flexibility ✅ 25 mins yoga

OTHER:
    • Attend Craft Group am
    • Spend time with DH
    • Meditation
    • Do accounts
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    @AJB1014 Congratulations! I wish you much love and joy at your marriage journey! I'll share a piece of advice I got from my grandma in low - argue if you must, but never go to bed angry :) I.e. don't let one bad day turn into a bad week or month. I liked that advice, although I failed at it many times, but still trying, lol :)

@nimackey98
    I just want to hug you at the moment! I am so sorry, I can imagine how awful must be that feeling at the stomach.
    Please don't be harsh on yourself, you are dealing with such challenging things.
    You said that your friend is struggling with her marriage...that can make people feeling week and less understanding of others. I guess that's why she was so harsh on you. I don't think that you are responsible for what you've said if you are not even aware that it happened. IMO you can only be responsible for making daily efforts to do better, which we all witness here that you do.
    How do you apologize...I would say in the same way you said it to us...it's not something you'd do or think in your right mind, but you're sorry that it happened. Many times we think that people need our shame when they actually just need our compassion.

@aubyshortcake
    I recommend phit-and-phat podcast, she talks a lot about shame and how to get rid of it. Some people don't like her language, but I find much down-to-earth wisdom in her words. In short, losing weight should always be done in parallel with working on thought patterns. We should learn to love and cherish ourselves before we lose weight to be able to successfully maintain.
    I am bad at this too...most of my life I had 12kg less then I have now and BMI 20, and I always felt like I was too big when in reality I was looking pretty darn good. The only thing I was missing was having me on my side.
    When I look at my friends I see beautiful women despite a few kgs up or down.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    daneejela wrote: »
    Last week I was eating low-calorie for most of the week (because of the light sickness), but on the weekend there were some family celebrations, so indulging in food was inevitable. I feel huge today, but I know it's just a feeling, not reality (after only two days of eating over my calories). Today I am getting back to my habits, which means:
    - drinking a lot of water and only water (besides tea and coffee) :)
    - avoiding junk snacks for the rest of the day :)
    - eating light dinner :)

Yesterday was a good day food wise, I already feel better. Today my goal is to repeat yesterday's success:
    - drinking a lot of water and only water (besides tea and coffee)
    - avoiding junk snacks for the rest of the day
    - eating light dinner
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 6/25

45 minute run
    Stay within calories
    drink water!
    no alcohol
    all meals at home
    mindful eating

Am going for a run this morning and then a fun hike with a friend later so today will definitely be a great workout day. So besides good exercise today I really want to practice mindful eating and pay more attention to being in the moment. I definitely am feeling like I haven't been doing well with that lately.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Add more protein to diet👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Try to eat healthy dinner despite limited options 👍 one taco

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Healthy dinner with limited options
    4. Meditate
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Argh ive strayed off again and barely even noticed!!

Im changing my word for the year. I was gonna wait til July but why wait? If i wait its just me pushing it off again.
    My first word isnt working for me. How can i discover new things if i can barely maintain the daily necessities?

So, my new word is CHANGE. Its me who needs to take these changes, i need to be responsible to change how im doing things and the changes dont have to be big!

Nothing changes if nothing changes.

Im not posting goals today, but im hopefully going to come up with some sort of plan!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    @AJB1014 congrats to you, you look so beautiful!!!!!

@nlmackey98 I just want to give you a hug. I'm sorry your friend hasn't been able to see past what you said yet. I hope she will come around, especially knowing your history with mental illness. We are not always in control and I think many people fail to really understand that.

@showjefb Welcome!!
  • aubyshortcake
    Good Doctor's Report today on my follow up
    Saying No is working for me...
    My Improved Numbers
    BLOOD PRESSURE... DOWN 138/70 YIPPIEEEEE!!!
    WEIGHT DOWN 2 POUNDS 334 TODAY YIPPIEEEEE!!!
    PULSE... 60
    NEXT VISIT IN SEPTEMBER
    However, I plan to get a weight check before July 20 to see if I can reach my goal of 25
    pounds down.
    I'm so relieved about my blood pressure.
    Thanks for being here for me everyone😀
    Every time I accomplish something you win too.

That is SO GREAT!!!! I know you can reach your goal, big hugs to you!!!! 💖💖
  • aubyshortcake
    Good morning!

@daneejela Thank you for the recommendation, I'm going to check it out! That sounds like it would be really helpful to me.

I'm running late so I'll be quick, have a great day everyone!

Yesterday 6/24:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Finish traffic course😑 Almost, one section left!
    4. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    5. Finish work at 5:30😁
    6. Buy groceries😁
    7. Cook dinner😁

JFT 6/25:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish traffic course
    4. Go for a walk at lunch
    5. Finish work at 5:20
    6. Workout after work
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Chop celery. Duo.
    2. Draft blog post. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Shower. Head to Z's. En route, make list of things to take to the dump. Also take along assessment list and calendar.
    4. Dinner out.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00..

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Duo.
    2. Shower.
    3. Schedule assessment dates and return dates.
    4. Write blog post. Head home by 3:00? JFTomorrow.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Check on audition for MM and look for Strongest Suit music. Monday visit Z. Next Thursday is massage day! Check in with D4D next week; complete units & survey. Ask about how to support new AP. Next week - set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates. Put jewelry away. Call garden about passes for Sunday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Taking it pretty easy today as I'm visiting friends. We went out to eat last night and it was absolutely AMAZING. The downside is that my weight is CONTINUING to go up, but... it is what it is, at this point. I have a long shift tomorrow, but I'm hoping to do some prepping and prelogging on Thursday.