JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! I have to really really hurry so I must read later. Yesterday was a bit sad, will fill you in when I have a chance. Hope you all have a

Yesterday 6/25:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Finish traffic course😞
    4. Go for a walk at lunch😞
    5. Finish work at 5:20😞
    6. Workout after work😞

JFT 6/26:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish traffic course
    4. Finish work at 5:20
    5. Workout after work
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    jacqui2494 wrote: »
    I went cycling with my friends on Sunday. We went up a long steep hill. At the end of it we are just waiting for the others to catch up. Our friend just collapsed and stopped breathing. It was so scary. A stranger applied CPR whilst I got the ambulance. We were just 500 mtrs from hospital and the ambulance came within minutes. He was unresponsive for 20 minutes or so before they finally got a pulse. If we weren’t with him he would be dead. He just got out of ICU after 3 days. Doesn’t look good for him.
    So that’s my excuse for letting go of everything. :(
    I don’t even feel like trying lately. Maybe a few more days.

OMG, that is so crazy! What a traumatic event for you as well, and I hope your friend recovers. Just awful.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 6/26

Swim/yoga
    Stay within calories
    healthy choices
    Lots of water
    mindful eating
    Catch up on to do list

Should have a good day to catch up on work and the house. Did a lot of running/walking yesterday so today will be swimming/yoga to do some strength and recovery. Gained in the last week due to illness and a few unhealthy choices so have been trying to lose the weight I gained back. Frustrating but part of the process so not dwelling. Just trying to make up for it with activity and healthy choices. Finally starting to feel better thankfully and have an appt to get things checked out next week (it's period related). Anyway, off to get to this day! Hope everyone struggling finds some peace today.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    I went cycling with my friends on Sunday. We went up a long steep hill. At the end of it we are just waiting for the others to catch up. Our friend just collapsed and stopped breathing. It was so scary. A stranger applied CPR whilst I got the ambulance. We were just 500 mtrs from hospital and the ambulance came within minutes. He was unresponsive for 20 minutes or so before they finally got a pulse. If we weren’t with him he would be dead. He just got out of ICU after 3 days. Doesn’t look good for him.

How awful and absolutely terrifying!
    If i were you id let everything go too!
    Something like that is really shocking and traumatic to witness!
    Take a break and definitely give yourself s few more days to recover mentally
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member
    edited June 2019
    @jacqui2494 , I'm not surprised you haven't been concentrating on dieting. What an awful thing to happen, your friend was very lucky that the CPR worked. Look after yourself and take it easy x

@daneejela , it can be very difficult to cope with things which are outwith your control. I try to deal with it now by telling myself there are things I can't change however much I might worry about them, so there is no point in worrying.
    In fact, of all the things I would like to change right now, the ONLY thing I have control over is my weight! No excuse then lol.

I've been into town to do parents requests. Now my back is agony, gentle jobs for the rest of the day I think.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Jft
    A busy day of errands in the city so

1 Stay under
    2 walk 6000 steps
    3 talks time at workbench later
    4 check back in
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Chop celery. Duo. Pack lunch and log it. Leave for park by 8:50. Post JFT.
    2. Read book during breaks at park. Input contacts. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO.
    3. Meal prep! Prelog for Thursday. Blog post.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Check on audition for MM and look for Strongest Suit music. Monday visit Z. Next Thursday is massage day! Check in with D4D next week; complete units & survey. Ask about how to support new AP. Next week - set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Call garden about passes for Sunday. Choose Otterboxes. Thurs - leave workout early for appt. Check on Aladdin. Fold laundry.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. *sigh* Time gets away from me. I really, REALLY enjoyed visiting my bestie, but we went out to eat and it was all amazing and my weight is continuing to go up.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member

Oh my goodness. I'm sorry about your friend.
  • showjefb
    showjefb Posts: 109 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Fast until lunch
    2. Dog walks
    3. Kettlebell circuit
    4. 90% of calories from whole foods

I forgot to check in yesterday, but have had a good Monday and Tuesday :)
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    JFT - TuesdayJune 25 - Determined
    2.5L of water - :( Made it to 2L, which is so much better than the 500ml, I've been getting in.
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - :):)
    Walk 1 Mile - :) Finally walked to and from work.
    Squats - >:)
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - >:)
    Something on commercials - :/ I purposely sat and relaxed last night for the first night in a long time
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Wednesday June 26 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had a good day yesterday, the only thing I have going on right now besides all of the new job/wedding/company stuff is very sore calves. I don't know why, but I had a charlie horse the other morning and the legs are still not relaxing, they are tight and sore and feel like I'm going to get another one at any minute. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'll get back on this evening to catch up.

I miss you all!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member
    @Snowflake1968 , I had to google "charlie horse" as it is not a phrase used in the UK. So that is my new info for today :)
    Do you have the pain in both legs? I ask as pain which doesn't go away could occasionally be a sign of a deep vein thrombosis which is serious. But unlikely if you have it in both legs. The only thing that ever helped me was sitting on the floor and pulling my toes upwards, I imagine it must stretch something and gave relief. Hope you get it sorted soon.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Recap T 6/25 ~ gorgeous early summer morning ~ finally!
    1) Walked dog before work 3.67 mi 1:02:17 saw 2 bunnies & stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,811 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 41 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & NO snacks after supper / log G/B/U / net calories zero / 14c water = Oops. Evening snack attack of pretzel crisps & hummus, not the worst thing in the world. Anyway, logged G/B/U and moving on. Net calories -282 :/ , sodium -788, sugar -90, fiber & protein right on target, 16c water :smile:
    4) Be pleasant during meeting w/ prof org chapter pres ~ not her fault someone else is jacka** & org has all kinds of tech mismanagement = Meeting went very well & I feel much better about my current roles & transitioning for the future. :smile:
    5) Progress on GB-S(P) ~ maybe get all tickets reviewed? copy recons from each location packet as I go = Forgot I have multiple regs to test for same docs & very time-consuming. In progress. :D
    6) Evening: wash remaining dishes :smile: / meal plan & grocery list :neutral: in progress / update budget s/s / declutter 15 min. :neutral: digital at least / other? :smile: emptied kitchen compost bucket in bin & cleaned/refilled bird baths
    7) Unplug 9:00 :smile: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify 5:40 alarm :smile: / BED & TV OFF 10:20 :smiley: (walk dog before work W)

JFT W 6/26 ~ another gorgeous summer morning!
    1) Walked dog before work 3.93 mi 1:09:09 & stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Prelog meals & snacks / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) GB-S(P) complete tickets review all locations / submit mileage log / review training tracks for conference / check prof org chapter emails
    5) Evening: city band concert 7:30 / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify 6:30 alarm (rest day R ~ be at conference by 8 a.m.) / bed & tv off 10:20

Thursday & Friday will be a challenge for steps & logging food. Attending a conference both days; at least it's local and I can stay home. It's good for learning / networking with people in similar fields to mine, so I attend. Both breakfast and lunch are included both days, and I will log my best guesses food-wise. I plan to walk dog F a.m. since first session doesn't start until 8:30.
  • Bex953172
    @Snowflake1968 , I had to google "charlie horse" as it is not a phrase used in the UK. So that is my new info for today :)
    Do you have the pain in both legs? I ask as pain which doesn't go away could occasionally be a sign of a deep vein thrombosis which is serious. But unlikely if you have it in both legs. The only thing that ever helped me was sitting on the floor and pulling my toes upwards, I imagine it must stretch something and gave relief. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Lol i also had to google Charlie horse haha!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,311 Member
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Tuesday

- Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:10
    - Get some tests started so I can train on some techniques I haven't done in a few years. :smile:
    - Check in with MFP :smile:
    - Log everything :smile:
    - Eat breakfast and lunch :smile:
    - Mood Log/Journal :smile:
    - Nix snacking before dinner :neutral: I had a piece of string cheese, not awful
    - Work a little late, so I can leave early tomorrow :( I could barely make it 8 hours
    - Laundry, gotta do laundry. Gotta teach youngest how much laundry to put in a machine. She sucks at this. :smile: Kid can now do laundry. She sucks at folding, but that's a lesson for another day.
    - Help youngest start packing for 2 week "Nerd" Camp (STEM Camp) as she calls it. :neutral: I have her making a list
    - Dinner within calories. Think I'm moving my calories to 1350 instead of 1200. :smile:
    - 0 - 1 small evening snacks :( More like 11. 10 Hershey Kisses and 1/2 cup of homemade raspberry sorbet
    - Bible reading / Gratitude Journal :smile: Almost through Job, just 3 more chapters
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Bed by 10:30 :neutral: 11:00 was having a heart to heart with DH.

JFT Wednesday morning

- Go to the gym before work :( Nope, I was awake, but didn't go
    - Breakfast <300 cal :(:smile: I was too busy to eat breakfast/
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:40 ish

JFT Wednesday
    - Log everything
    - Crazy amount of lab work :smile:
    - A little bit of training :smile:
    - lunch <300 cal :smile: still need to eat my pear, its already logged
    - Method development that I don't really have the time or equipment for
    - Finalize 401K & Life Insurance paperwork for my dad
    - Go for a hilly hike
    - Bible Reading
    - Gratitude journal
    - Dinner within calories
    - Bed by 10:30

Positive thought today: It's too nice a day to stay inside, go out and enjoy the sunshine (unless it's raining where you are, then remember being a kid and go dance in the rain.)
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Yesterday I did not get my exercise or Breakthrough study done. But everything else was completed. I went way over my fat---still getting used to prelogging and eating fewer calories than I have been in my maintain mode. What an adjustment this has been!

JFT, 6/26
    Drink 8 cups of water
    Pre-log (done)
    Exercise (done)
    Breakthrough study
    Yardwork (done)

Y'all have a great day. The @jacqui2494 story is another reminder for me to seize the moment. Choose joy. Live my life to the fullest. Because one day, I am going to die. Don't know when, and I pray it's not for a long long time, but there's a pretty good chance that I am!!!

Peace and joy!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all, I’m here and have been jumping on to read through the day but it’s nearly 6 and only now getting enough time to post! Supposed to be trialling a midweek date night with the bf but wires have been crossed and we each thought we were visiting the other. Not sure of the plan currently and I’m hungry! But need to hold off on dinner plans... annoying!

Tuesday goals recap:
    - laundry ✅
    - morning workout ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - pay contribution for class reps ✅
    - see head to rearrange appraisal❎ she was busy
    - plant 2x sunflowers ✅
    - print market day invites ✅ and tickets
    - hydrate! ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 5:30, text C to preheat oven✅
    - post TofE doc ❎ needs to be hand delivered 😕
    - lay out running gear ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ✅

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 12k today
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - handover and staff choir ✅
    - F to remake jewellery box ✅
    - check printer situation. Send reports ✅ and tickets to print
    - Data and planning time ✅
    - see Head to rearrange appraisal ❎ she was out all day
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 4:30 - eyebrows and drop in TofE doc ❎😕
    - home by 6 for shopping delivery✅
    - bf over for date night BBQ - June challenge! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Will maybe catch up later. Hugs to you all x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 26 June

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:) did not log and doubtful
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)

Just waiting for our guests to depart then we've 3 rooms to clean and beds to remake etc. I only ate half a slice of the spare toast, I had porridge before cooking for the guests and that helped prevent me from being a human dustbin!

Another good day for me, the plan is to get up early tomorrow for a swim but I'm not overly committed!
  • Bex953172
    Well i think ive logged everything.
    Dinner was a lot of guess work so might be over in cals for the day but after calculating what i thought im left with 26 cals.

I dunno, feeling a bit meh today.
    The good thing is ive logged!

Ash has just bought a pizza, crisps and chocolate.
    All of which he normally shares.

Great prsctice for saying NO.
    But i do really want them.

Going to fill up on water i think.

This week feels like its going on foreveŕrrrrrrrr