JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt - I haven’t logged properly for about three weeks now. I really need to get back at it. It won’t be today though. I was so tired, cold, a bit depressed by the weather that when hubby suggested pizza for supper I agreed. I usually just get one for him and avoid it myself but I ordered a stuffed crust for myself. I ate more than half of it too! I’ve also had a chocolate bar and a bottle of coke tonight. Tomorrow is a new day.

@nlmackey98 - you’re pretty wonderful yourself!

@PackerFanInGB - nice to see you!!!!! I love when you pop in and say hi. I didn’t fall hard but i fell awkwardly. The bouncy house was wet as it had rained off and on. The photographer asked my friend and I to move to a different location so that she could get a better shot. My left leg slid out to the side almost straight out and I went down. I heard something pop, but think I have just pulled a muscle or tendon. I guess 50 year olds don’t belong in bouncy houses. 🙂
    I am struggling to keep up with the Over 50 group, this job is killing my social media time.

@Bex953172 - I love the hat! I tried crocheting once and couldn’t do it.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 - my hip is better as long as I’m taking pain relievers. I’m hoping by the first of the week I can stop taking them.

@maryrobinson40 - you are such a beautiful inspiration. I wish I could meet you in real life one day. I love you.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 19 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, huge NSV for me this morning. Set out on my run and went about 100 yards and suddenly stopped and thought I couldn’t be bothered. I often feel like that before I set out but this is only the second time I’ve started and then stopped. Started to walk back and then told myself to just do it. This is my last morning without the kids here, my last day of work before the summer holidays, and I want to finish strong. So I started again and nailed a fast 13km. V proud of myself. Downside is I’m going to work in the rain with wet hair as run out of time but never mind! Did well at the party last night. I ate before I left and just ate fruit and drank diet soda as I would rather have my treat night tonight with the bf. Overall feeling good.

Thursday goals recap:
    - put away laundry ✅
    - make cake icing ✅
    - pack work clothes and gym stuff ✅
    - pack snack and schoolbag ✅
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - see year 6 re video❎ must do today!
    - finish taking down displays ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake✅
    - speak to M re lesson assessments ✅
    - leave by 4:30❎ 5pm
    - tan after work❎ ran out of time!
    - finish cake, warm up spanakopita, pack dip ✅
    - lay out running gear ✅
    - work party 7pm ✅
    - bed by 11 ✅

Friday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 13km, 8 miles +
    - pack snack, schoolbag, present for TA and popcorn for the class ✅
    - enjoy the last day!!
    - speak to yr 6
    - sort plan with bf
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - leave by 5
    - tan?
    - relax!!!!

Have a great day all! Xx
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options

JFT Thursday 18th July

Log everything no, wanted to, but couldn't work out my portion of evening meal
    Stay in the green pretty sure I did
    Back exercises no
    Walk with friend yes
    Stay positive, no complaining yes, apart from a small mutual moan with friend about adult children :)
    Visit parents yes
    Lift the big bag yes

JFT Friday 19th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Stay positive, no complaining
    Carry on clearing out old paperwork
    Big shop
    Lift the big bag

Oh dear, the highlight of my day is going to the nearest city for a visit to a different supermarket!
    Must get moving, try and beat the rain.

@Snowflake1968 , I think we all have a pizza day occasionally. I may buy some today as a treat, the shop makes them fresh. I haven't had chocolate for several weeks now, as long as I don't buy it I'm okay.

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Yesterday MFP wouldn't let me log in for some reason. But.. Today is the big day! We are so excited. Walk through is at 12:30 and closing is at 1. I'm not sure how much I'll be on this weekend but my main goal is to just stay at maintenance. You are all amazing!

@ZizzyBumble @PackerFanInGB Thank you so much!! 💖💖
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 19 July

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)

Early start for me tomorrow as my guests want breakfast at 06:00. They are going on a boat trip to Saint Kilda, some want the full breakfast whilst others have decided on cereal and toast fearing sea sickness!

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

@maryrobinson40 - you are such a beautiful inspiration. I wish I could meet you in real life one day. I love you.

^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^ Totally agree! @maryrobinson40 , you touched my heart today with what you wrote and I wish I could hug you. You are an amazing light in a sometimes lonely world. :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @aubyshortcake SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! YAY!!!! Enjoy every minute. Buying a home is a big deal!

@Snowflake1968 I had to laugh at your comment about work killing your social media time! Doesn't it SUCK? LOL! :D

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Today - Thursday, 7/18
    • Journal every single bite...even the Snicker bar mini's...*sigh* >:)
    • 68+ oz of water >:)
    • Some sort of activity >:)
    • Rewrite my response cards >:)
    • Clean up the piles of paperwork on my desk so I can go through it tomorrow >:)
    • Self-care for at least 15 min (ideas: bath; mani/pedi; read in quiet room; sew on quilt) >:)
    • Prep for tomorrow, tonight >:)
    • Be patient and kind. Do not react negatively just because my emotions are out of whack. It's not fair to others. <3:)
    • Read back at least 3 pages of the JFT posts that I've missed :)
    • Catch up on Healthy Habits group >:)
    • Bedtime early. Gratitude Journal. Joyce / Dodie / Simple Abundance readings. Read one chapter of mystery. Listen to Calm app. :)<3
    • Set alarm 30 minutes earlier than normal so I can get up, check in and post my goals and do my inspirational reading and morning prayer. >:)

Wow! Good thing I made goals yesterday. That sure did me a lot of good! BWAHAHA! :mrgreen:
    I need to start smaller since I've been so off track. So let's try this again...

Just for today-Friday
    • Journal every bite, even the Bit o' Honey I ate earlier.
    • WATER: 68+ oz
    • Rewrite my response cards
    • Read out of one of my lifestyle/habits/diet/nutrition books
    • Be patient & kind. Do not snap at others--it's not their fault.
    • Read back 3 more pages of JFT posts that I missed.
    • Catch up on Healthy Habits Group
    • Bedtime early. Gratitude Journal. Joyce/Dodie/Simple Abdunance. Calm app. Read mystery.

WOY 2019: Tenacity I am achieving a healthier lifestyle with the tenacity of turtle crossing a 4-lane highway...slow and steady, never giving up. :mrgreen:

Love y'all! :heart:

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    I seem to have lost my post from last night. No matter! Did fine on Wednesday and had a very busy day today getting ready for vacation on Saturday. Too tired to redo the post. Lol!

@Snowflake1968 How’s the hip today. Hope the pain has eased.

JFT 2019

Goals for Fri 19/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh in/Post in JGM10Ds
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
    • Follow through
    • Hydration

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps
    • 10 mins strength
    • 10 mins flexibility

OTHER:
    • Meditation
    • Final packing/prep for Saturday
    • Crochet: taking cardigan with me.
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread

Terri, you are doing great! I always wonder how you and @Snowflake1968 are able to keep up with the Women Over 50 thread! I try to follow, jumping on in the beginning of the month, and then I find myself pages and pages behind very quickly! I just love that group so I do hop on as often as I can to see how everyone is doing, but I really give you props for being able to keep up! :heart: Where are you going on vacation? I will have to live vicariously through you and @bookmeister86 !! :smile:

We are off to Connemara on the West Coast of Ireland. It's a 6 hour drive. I won't have time to read or comment in the morning as we are travelling from early morning. I will log in as and when. Lol!

I dip in and out of Women over 50, and have more time than a lot of others as I no longer have to work for a living.

Today's goals: on target for an early getaway tomorrow morning.

😎 Have a fab weekend, fitfam! 💕💖💖
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Yesterday MFP wouldn't let me log in for some reason. But.. Today is the big day! We are so excited. Walk through is at 12:30 and closing is at 1. I'm not sure how much I'll be on this weekend but my main goal is to just stay at maintenance. You are all amazing!

@ZizzyBumble @PackerFanInGB Thank you so much!! 💖💖

@aubyshortcake Congratulations!!! And I love you bunches.
    Tomorrow.. Saturday July 20 is my 55 birthday.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @aubyshortcake - can’t wait to hear how your walk through went!

@maryrobinson40 - happy Birthday!

This is why I am so frustrated with our weather! The furnace just kicked on again for the second time this week.
    9d92fhzvb77h.png

I haven’t logged food again today, but I’m going grocery shopping tomorrow to buy some healthy food and hopefully get back on track. I need to figure out some stuff for lunches but I really don’t know what it will be.

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 20 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge

It's a beautiful day today and I'm looking forward to going for a nice walk nice the housework is done. I hope you all have a good day.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning! About to head out to a warrior class and then collect the kids. Now on summer holidays officially - hooray! Going to give myself a bit of grace this weekend with organising things but then need to make the most of this time from next week. Want to try and get some renovation done in the house and need to get cracking with research.

Friday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ 13km, 8 miles +
    - pack snack, schoolbag, present for TA and popcorn for the class ✅
    - enjoy the last day!! ✅ ish! Was hectic!
    - speak to yr 6 ✅
    - sort plan with bf
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - leave by 5 ✅ 4:30!!
    - tan? ❎
    - relax!!!! ❎ not really 😕

Saturday goals:
    - Warrior class 8:15am
    - grocery shop
    - tan
    - Pick up the kids - yay!
    - get kids to unpack
    - chill and enjoy time with the kiddies
    - bed by 10

Happy weekend all x

PS @Bex953172 - love the crochet teacher’s gift! It’s so lovely to receive something personal like that x

@clicketykeys - hugs! I know that back to school anxiety and it’s horrible. But you give yourself so much to do outside of schoolwork. Is there anything else you can pull back on to make it easier? X
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day! 🎈 🎁 🎂 👑 🎉
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 7/20/19

Healthy Choices
    Moderate alcohol
    30-60 minutes exercise
    Relax and don't try to control everything!
    Drink lots of water

Crazy busy day yesterday but just tried to do the usual. I thought I mostly succeeded but hopped on the scale this morning and was up in weight. Made me realize that I need to go to 1x per week because getting on every day used to be motivating but right now it's just annoying. Also, due for my period anyway and that usually messes me up so no point. Going to start weighing on wednesdays so I don't get obsessed with the number on the scale. I feel great and even though I'm far from perfect or my goal I need to focus on how I feel daily and go with that. I told myself that when weighing every day became a fixation I would stop so that's what I'm doing. Putting it on here for accountability! Have a friend and her kids coming to visit overnight during a heat wave that's supposed to get up to 110 today so we'll be indoors mostly or at the pool. Hoping to get lots of cleaning and exercise in this morning so I can enjoy her company later and not stress out.
    Hope everyone has a great day!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Faebert - enjoy your summer holiday.

@korina75 - the daily weighing is one thing I haven’t stopped and it’s keeping me aware at least.

I’m leaving the house for a while today. Hubby is going to cause issues.