JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    @bookmeister86 - are you still looking for another job? It’s a shame you just had a nice vacation and that feeling is already ruined by work.

@littleblackskirt - I think your ego is on to something lol. I would probably feel the same.

@clicketykeys - oh that makes sense for the course. I was thinking you have no time for a part time bartending job! I actually like water. I’m just forgetting to drink it. I’m not even getting my tea drank in the morning. This job is very busy and I need to start taking breaks.

@korina75 - have a great holiday, I hope the work stress leaves you while you’re away. Congrats on the loss!

Well I decided to reset my weights and measurements today and it really hurt to do it. I am up 6lbs and have gained back about 4 inches. I’m so disappointed in myself, but hopefully this will give me the determination I need to get it back in gear.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    JFT - Thursday August 1
    2l of water - ☹️ 1.5 which is so much better than it has been!
    Log all food - 🙂
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂

JFT - Friday August 2
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal

Tomorrow after work we are going out for drinks to say good bye to a co worker. I’m hoping one drink will do it and I’ll get home early. I don’t like going out without Rodger.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member

JFT 1st August

Eat under maintenance yes, no snacking
    Drink enough almost
    Back exercises no, too sore
    am. - catch up on housework yes, although a lot was gardening
    pm. -hospital yes
    No chocolate! yes

JFT Friday

Eat under maintenance
    Drink enough
    Back exercises
    Shop
    Hospital visit
    Load car for work tomorrow

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Snowflake1968 You're still here and working on it. So it will happen. We're here for the long haul. Occasional slips are part of the process. Why waste time beating yourself up about them. Leave them in the past and move on.

Each new day is an opportunity to be enjoyed.
    My reasons to be joyful today:
    • It's a warm clear morning so will have time outdoors
    • I have already completed two of today's goals
    • My schedule is fairly free today, so I can go with the flow
    • My knee and back are relatively pain free after my heavy gardening yesterday
    • DH brought me tea in bed
    • I have almost finished the crochet cardigan I'm working on

Just noticed that I have the wrong date on today's goals so am reposting.

Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    01/08: 167.8
    02/08: 167.8

JFT: Fri 2 August
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate
    • Do something fun (Maybe go down to the boat.)
    • 30+ minute workout/6000+ steps
    • Go into town for fish or duck for dinner tonight
    • Journal (I'm reviewing July and revamping layout for August) 🌟
    • vacuum the upstairs (DH does the the downstairs 😂)
    • Work on crochet

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food 👎
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Gym👍
    4. One healthy snack after dinner 👎

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Pack for work trip. Leaving at 5am tomorrow and as usual have procrastinated!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning and happy Friday!!

Yesterday 8/1:

1. Stay within calorie goal🙁
    2. Finish work at 5:15🙁
    3. Clean out lower cabinets and wash a load of dishes🙁 no but I did scrub the toilets so that's something

JFT 8/2:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:15
    3. Clean out lower cabinets and wash a load of dishes
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,441 Member
    JFT 7-31-19

I hope everyone is having a good day! I had the hardest time getting up this morning. Even after I pulled into work this morning I could have fallen asleep in my car in the parking lot. I don't understand why I've been so tired lately! I have no idea how I am going to survive getting up at 5:30 for school in September when I can barely get up at 7 now!

You weren't eating well for a while. it's possible you are lacking in iron or some vitamin. I'm a bit of a hypocrit being that I don't take vitamins or supplements, but they can truly help.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,441 Member
    Howdy all! I've been incredibly busy lately. Tomorrow my daughter has a crew regatta to go to, and I'm driving her and two of her teammates. It always makes for an early day, but I really enjoy the sport, well when the weather is nice I do. I get to be outside for hours with no really responsibilities. I often get over 20K steps in on regatta days. Then on Sunday we are leaving the house at like 4:00am to drive to Hilton Head, SC for a vaca with the family + 2. We've found vacations to be much more relaxing and much more fun if the kids each take a friend. It isn't that my girls don't love each other, they are just very, very different. For instance when they got to pick activities to so at the beach the older picked parasailing and the younger picked horseback riding and star gazing. They can both do both things, but neither is interested in what the other chose. It's good that they have friends. I'll pop in and out over the next week or so to check on y'all, but I probably won't post goals. I usually do fairly well on vacations as there are always people around which prevents me from binging. That and I'm a pretty picky eater, and when its hot I tend to lean towards fruits and light foods. I'm not saying I won't eat ice cream or have a "Duck's Doughnut", but all and all I plan to keep things moderate. Plus I don't want to feel bloated and gross in my swim suit.

General Goals Just for this Week (I know it's a JFT thread, humor me)
    - Up and ready to leave the house Saturday @ 6:00, Sunday @ 4:00, Mon - Sat Whenever I want, Sunday @ 4:00.
    - Protein bar for breakfast on early mornings.
    - Finish packing Fri so hubby can load the car Sunday while I'm at the regatta.
    - Run at least 2 times at the beach
    - Walk or ride bikes as often as possible, its a relatively small island
    - Beach, sand & sun
    - Lite lunches
    - Dinners out but maybe eat half (unless its really good :wink: - )
    - Stargazing
    - No alcohol

I'm worse than a little kid. I'm so excited to get away. I didn't sleep last night, which means I came to work early and now I'm counting the hours until I can get out of here (more than usual). He he he he he...
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Pack soda. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Toe stretches! Jambalaya for dinner.
    2. Leave for school by 7:30. Create literature test. Create grammar diagnostic and follow-up on NRI. Set up online discussions for weeks 1-3; students will choose 6-digit usernames. Duo. Need to edit Machiavelli unit so it doesn't run into Thanksgiving break. Get literature books. Put desks into tables.
    3. Publish a blog post. Read Design for Learning and update Goodreads. Lifting. Run to 10k.
    4. Bartending course. Braiding practice? Rehearsal.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 10:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.
    8. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Find literature test. Check with dad - take bikes by AFTER raise shows up in paycheck!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM first rehearsal 7/29. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Meetings today. SO MANY MEETINGS. *sigh* It is significantly frustrating that we're told to create dynamic, engaging lessons, and then we sit through meetings in which we watch videos that are screencasts of powerpoints in which the audio is the text on each slide being read to us.

UGHHH.
  • nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    JFT:
    -No snacks after dinner except fresh fruit
    -Log every meal
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    Recap R 8/1
    1) Another gorgeous morning for walking dog before work & saw 1 bunny. 3.68 mi 1:04:53 & stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,099 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 39 floors :smiley:
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water = Net cals -79 :| , sodium -958 :( , sugar -6 (ok), fiber excellent, protein ok-ish, 14c water
    4) Update MFP Step Challenge :smile: , JFT weekly w-i :smile: , JFT monthly goals Friday instead
    5) Create HRA acct & complete questionnaire :smile:
    6) Finalize plans w/ P :smile: / call vet for kitty check-up later
    7) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set alarm (rest day F?) :smile: 5:40 / BED & TV OFF 10:20 :smiley:

JFT F 8/2 ~ Busy day already. Last night I decided I would do 2 loads of laundry Fri. to beat the humidity predicted for weekend. So I got all prep done in evening (clothesline up, pins outside, sorting, 1st load & soap in washer). All I had to do was start washer before walking dog. Once back home, hectic times to hang 1 load while washing other, feed kitty and dog, eat breakfast, shower & ready for work, hang 2nd load outside and rush off to office. A little late, but I'm salaried, so who cares.
    1) Walked dog before work 3.72 mi 1:04:29 on yet another gorgeous morning! Happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Net calories zero / 14c water / This will be challenging in evening since I am going over to BFF's for firepit to belatedly celebrate her bday. I told her not to worry about food for me, I will eat at home before, and hope she is not a pest about this. I plan to drink only water, keeping next week's health assessment in mind, but that may change and an adult beverage may be consumed. ;)
    4) Update MFP monthly goals / I reviewed my weekly w-i post yesterday, and realized I am dangerously near the weight I was when I went from obese to overweight two years ago. I do NOT want to go backwards, so that is motivating me a little more.
    5) Set alarm for farmers market / I hate getting there when all the humongous baby strollers & people visiting are there. I like to buy my produce & leave.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited August 2019
    July Goals / Results:
    • Packers 5K (walking) July 20 < 45:00 = Temp of 77F, dew point in 70s so very sticky & dark clouds to the south at start. Rain & thunder at about 1 mile marker; just past halfway point, two guys on bikes were informing all racers the event was cancelled due to lightning in the area. No walk around the track inside the stadium, but walked the entire course otherwise. No finish times. With heat, humidity & rain, I looked like a drowned rat after. :D
    • Walk dog 4-5x per week / 100 miles total = Weather (very hot & humid + rainy days) really impacted dog walks during July. Walked dog 5x two weeks, 4x two weeks & 3x one week. Total miles 63.65 :neutral:
    • X-train minimum 1x per week = Weights & circuits 3x in month. :neutral:
    • Rest days 1x per week / no more than 2x per week = Early in month, had 4-day rest period ~ just hating the hot & humid weather, I guess. Rest days 2x three weeks, 3x once. :(
    • Prelog food most days / continue logging Good/Bad/Ugly / close food diary every day except: 7/6 hubby's family party + my nephew's annual fireworks (and btw we got married) celebration; 7/20 5K + middle brother's annual summer party; 7/29 annual Girls Day Out <3 = Not great logging during month: did not close food diary on planned dates plus cousin's funeral/luncheon (family desserts) & two other days (no idea why ~ probably in a funk) :(
    • Net calories w/i 100 of zero 50% (16/31) days and < 200 red 25% (8/31) days. More realistic goals to fit my lifestyle this month (because I am not on a diet) = Basically I ate what I wanted, snacked in the evenings & net calories were horrible. Only four days net cals green, three days < 100 red & four days < 200 red. Wowza & ACK!!! :s
    • Take measurements W 7/31 before work & log on MFP = Delayed to 8/1/19 & not happy numbers. :'(
    • Scale goal 160# = 166 after high sodium day / also see above & sad me :angry:

August Goals:
    • Walk dog 4-5x per week / 100 miles total
    • X-train at least 1x per week
    • Rest days 1x per week / no more than 2x per week
    • Log Good/Bad/Ugly / prelog food when possible / close food diary every day / may take some vacation days during month & will be flexible about logging
    • Net calories w/i 100 of zero 50% (16/31) days and < 200 red 25% (8/31) days. Realistic goals to fit my lifestyle because this is not a diet.
    • Take measurements Sat. 8/31 & log on MFP
    • Scale goal 163#

Today ~ Smile ~ Laugh ~ Be Kind ~ <3 ~ Eat Well ~ Be Active
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @nlmackey98 - how exciting! Have a fantastic holiday!

@clicketykeys - ugh, I feel your pain! Nothing worse than a dull PowerPoint presentation. I have been known to nod off watching a few of those...

Had a good start to today. Lovely weather and I did a short run along the parkland walk, which is an old disused railway line through wooded areas near my house. Not sure why I’ve not run there before! Was great. Then babysat for my friend again today and got some lovely calming cuddles from her 12 week-old. Got a busy weekend coming up so trying to get jobs done today.

Thursday goals recap:
    - rest day ✅
    - babysitting at 10 ✅
    - meet mum at 12:30 at mall ✅
    - buy P items for adventure trip ✅
    - Pick up suitcase from parents ✅
    - builder visit at 6 ✅
    - bed by 10 ❎

Friday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 5k - short but sweet!
    - babysitting at 10:30 ✅
    - brunch with kids and N ✅
    - help P pack for adventure week ✅
    - kids to pack for weekend with their dad ✅
    - laundry
    - pack for weekend with bf
    - lay out yoga gear
    - bed by 9:30

Nearly the weekend everyone! X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    JFT- Saturday July 27
    2L of water -👿
    Log all food - 👿
    Be Grateful - 🙂

JFT- Sunday July 28
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Be Grateful

Well I need to get my discipline back, I am too easily reaching for things I know that are not helping me go in the direction I want to go.

I had a fairly good day yesterday, my cousins family is on my mind. They posted the obituary yesterday. This is a hard one.

On a bright note, Kaitlyn came out and showed us the wedding video last night. There are two, the highlight reel, which is about 9 minutes long. The there was the unedited ceremony which is 28 minutes long. They hadn’t paid for the speeches and such but have decided that they are going to go ahead and order that as well.

The photographer gave them a gift of 100 printed photos and she brought those to see as well.

All in all it was a good day for life just not for weight loss.

@Snowflake1968 WE NEED TO GET OUR DISCIPLINE BACK... I'm with you on the same thing lately until last
    night. I made up my mind to come back strong. When I woke up I washed my hands and went straight
    to the kitchen, got out my blender, apple, strawberries, banana, oatmeal, and milk and made me a
    smoothie for breakfast. Actually made enough for tomorrow morning too. I'm sipping water even now
    because I'm getting that snacking urge. If there's room for a snack, then there's room for the water that
    I'm lacking to get in each day.
    I'm here for you; believe that one.
    Love you, Mary
  • maryrobinson40
    JFT 7/29

Do more than 40 pushups in a row (I'm currently at 40, but when my journey started I couldn't even do 2!)
    Consume less sodium! (this is my weakness!)
    Keep all my numbers in the green!
    longer cardio session
    take time to enjoy the beautiful day, not just take it for granted.

@nighthawk584 💪👏👏👏 Congratulations on the 40 push ups... YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!
  • maryrobinson40
    Hey hey everyone! I've missed you. Basically I have been MIA from JFT the month of July. It's been a chaotic, roller coaster month, including out-of-town family gatherings & food, work deadlines & stress, summer events, out-of-town funeral (my cousin only 45yo who worked as RN, with loving hubby & 2 kids in high school ~ cancer sucks), Packers 5K cancelled due to lightning when I was at halfway point, several times severe storms when I sat in our basement with the pets, and so on.

My motivation and habits have been slipping all month. My body and my scale know this. Yesterday was annual GDO (girls day out) with pedis, shopping & eating. I ate like there was no tomorrow. With annual health assessment on Aug. 7, it's time to get back to eating sensible and not whatever I please. This means you, evening snacks!

Today, JFT I WILL:
    1) Not have snacks after supper
    2) Floss & retainers & hormone cream before bed

Condolences about your cousin, and hugs concerning your struggles. I love you. Stress has given the
    majority of us upper cuts to our chins. Lady, you got a lot on your back. Wish I lived close to you, We'd work
    something out to lighten your load or at least make your daily transitions smoother.
  • maryrobinson40
    JFT 7/31
    1. Make a tasty Salsa Verde Chicken in crockpot
    2. Do more than 40 pushups in a row. (when I started, I could barely do 2)
    3. Mellow out with my guitar
    4. Cardio day...PUSH HARDER!

@nighthawk584... Oh darn, I missed Salsa Verde Chicken... Wow! I'm jealous of that one😀
    Congrats again on your successes. Have a great weekend!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    edited August 2019
    b]Scale Goals progress: [/b]
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    01/08: 167.8
    02/08: 167.8

JFT: Fri 2 August
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate 🌟
    • Do something fun We took a trip on our boat with our eldest girl
    • 30+ minute workout/6000+ steps 🌟
    • Go into town for fish or duck for dinner tonight 🌟 Bought both. Will have the duck tomorrow night
    • Journal (I'm reviewing July and revamping layout for August) 🌟
    • vacuum the upstairs 😎 No time to do this as I worked in the garden most of the morning
    • Work on crochet 🌟 (Ongoing)

JFT: Sat 3 August
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate
    • Do something fun (Maybe go down to the boat.)
    • 30+ minute workout/6000+ steps
    • Go up to Belfast to Support Gay Pride March
    • Journal (I'm reviewing July and revamping layout for August)
    • vacuum the upstairs (DH does the the downstairs 😂)
    • Work on crochet
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Pack soda. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Toe stretches! Jambalaya for dinner.
    2. Leave for school by 7:30. Create literature test. Create grammar diagnostic and follow-up on NRI. Set up online discussions for weeks 1-3; students will choose 6-digit usernames. Duo. Need to edit Machiavelli unit so it doesn't run into Thanksgiving break. Get literature books. Put desks into tables. Email TKES about how to include workshop model in lesson plans.
    3. Publish a blog post. Read Design for Learning and update Goodreads. Lifting. Run to 10k.
    4. Bartending course. Braiding practice? Rehearsal.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 10:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. AM park run - 4 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! LOG BREAKFAST. Chop celery.
    2. Leave for yoga by 9:15. Duo.
    3. Groceries! Publish a blog post. Continue bartending course. Practice braiding? Read Design for Learning and update Goodreads.
    4. Birthday gig 7 PM.
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Find literature test. Check with dad - take bikes by AFTER raise shows up in paycheck!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM first rehearsal 7/29. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I had fun at rehearsal tonight. And I'm looking forward to yoga tomorrow; the teacher is really good. I'm going to have some tea, take my meds, and read a little before heading to bed.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    edited August 2019
    Weekly Weigh - in

I am going to try and post my weight EVERY FRIDAY to be accountable.

I have been so busy, both work wise, and we are trying to clear out so much clutter in our house, and as a result, I have not had the time to post and read what you have all been doing each day. Today, I made 3 trips to Goodwill ... it feels good to get rid of things we no longer need/use, and trying to declutter our house!

So until things slow down a little, my goal is to post at least every friday or saturday -- to report how I have done for the week, and my goals for the week. So right now, if I can I will post daily goals, but mine are going to be more weekly goals instead of daily goals.

Work has been crazy busy, which I guess is a good thing. Then we are traveling for a week ... meeting our son, and his fiance and all 5 of their blended family kids. Should be interesting! I am learning to accept all this, and just be happy for our son, and hope it all works out.

Spoiler
    5'11" tall
    68 yrs old
    Goal weight: 170

Weight loss history
    Year 2017Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January 1, 2019: 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4

Non-scale related goals 2019:
    1. learn how to stop/control binge eating
    2. learn how to manage stress/emotional eating
    3. keep up a gratitude journal everyday
    4. consistently learn and be better at planning meals for the week .... make this a regular thing to do
    5. consistently continue with exercising 5x a week. Be more confident in how I look.
    6. make drinking water a daily habit ... not something I have to work at.
    7. Reach my goal weight .... then learn how to maintain it!!

Goals for the month of August:

1st week:
    1. Have at least 4 good days food-wise
    2. exercise at least 4x a week
    3. at least 8+ cups water at least 4x a week
    4. Scale goal for next friday: 188