JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    @AJB1014 - I’m so sorry that you had a b$$chy doctor. What a terrible way for her to treat a patient. Is she your regular family doctor? If so and you have to see her regularly I might bring this up to her as that is quite unprofessional. I hope your husband feels better soon.

Just read today’s post from you too:
    Take a break, the house doesn’t need to be spotless and you need your rest. My husband is fond of telling anyone that will listen (still) how emotional I was during pregnancy. His favourite story is about speaking to me in the morning. His version, not mine:
    Him: good morning dear
    Me: f$&@ off you did this to me.

Next morning
    Him: doesn’t say anything in fear of upsetting me
    Me: crying like a baby, you don’t love me anymore

This is an exaggeration on his part that gets more exaggerated as the year go on but it’s funny now. Maybe while your husband is laid up he can look up some pregnancy information so he is more supportive of you. Has he been around a lot of women that are pregnant? I find that makes a big difference.

@Bex953172 - oh I feel you! I was thinking I needed to put pictures of myself on the fridge and in the cupboard to remind me what I actually look like. I need to get back on this weight loss train myself. We can do this together!

@Faebert - I am so incredibly proud of you! What an accomplishment and what a way to mark the occasion!
    I don’t mean to be a downer on your day, but your BF is always sick or something when you need him isn’t he? I don’t know maybe because you don’t really post the good about him but he doesn’t seem like he’s very supportive to you.

@korina75 - sounds like you’re enjoying your vacation. Keep it up!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    @AJB1014 your husband will never understand :lol:

I think my favourite retort was..
    Ash: youre ALWAYS tired
    Me: oh were you not when you were last pregnant?
    Ash: i cant get pregnant
    Me: exactly so shut up.

And emotional blubbing will strike you when you least expect it.

With Marley i bawled my eyes out because.. wait for it.. my lamb had too much fat on it..
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Saturday August 3
    2L of water - ☹️ I think 1.5
    Log all food - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Sunday August 4
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal

Rodger fixed the car yesterday! There may be one more part to replace but it’s a small one and won’t be near as difficult as yesterday’s task. We will order it next pay to see how that fixes things.

I cleaned yesterday and then I’m the evening Rodger and I watched Bohemian Rhapsody and then a special about Adam Lambert and Queen. It was an enjoyable evening and something we very rarely do.

I think the sudden loss of my cousin has made him so some rethinking as well. She and her husband were married the week after us, her husband is Rodger’s age and they drove truck together. It has shaken everyone that knew her.

Today the Grands are coming to spend the day with us while their Mother works. I am so looking forward to it. The weeks leading up to the wedding we were so busy crafting or had company so we didn’t do any of our normal activities. The week after the wedding I didn’t have them as I was exhausted. The next Sunday they came with their mom to visit and I live her visiting too, but it’s not the same when it’s just us and the Grands. They didn’t come last weekend because Lauryn didn’t work on Sunday. So this week I asked for them specifically as we won’t have them Wednesday night as they are going camping.

I am going to take them to some yard sales and I’m thinking of asking Lauryn to bring their swim suits and we’ll go to the splash park. I have to check the weather first.

I need to eat properly today. I haven’t been doing that well enough.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Bex and snowflake, you both gave me a laugh i so desperately needed! Thank you ladies!!! The gardening did me some good too!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member
    @Faebert , well done running a half marathon! You re doing so well with your exercise.

@AJB1014 , I agree with everyone else, your doctor was out of order with what she said. Yes, it's common, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen to you. Like Bex says, the first appointment is 12 weeks purely because that's when the first scan is done (and hopefully you will be feeling better by then too :) )

@Bex 953172, totally get the miserable shopping experience! I haven't been back since I tried on some clothes which were the same size as I was wearing...none of them came close to fitting! Have my old clothes stretched that much?! Have to say though, shop mirrors always make me look really bad...you'd think they would have flattering mirrors lol.

I didn't set any goals for the weekend. I was away working all day on Saturday, so didn't eat that much.
    Today I got a rare day to myself (son took my mum to the hospital). I took the opportunity to visit a local town which had an arts trail on. It's a beautiful old place and I had a lovely wander round, didn't buy anything though.
    The only bad thing was the pain in my back and legs, I had to leave long before I wanted to. I swore to myself that I'll go back next year and be able to walk round for much longer, so that's a goal for me :)
  • Bex953172
    LOL @Snowflake1968 i know you posted it a few hours ago but im STILL laughing at your husband saying good morning dear and you saying Fu€k off you did this to me

😂😂😂
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sunday 4 August

I am back from my 4 days away camping at the horse show and I'm exhausted. I did my best to make sensible food choices and hopefully the excercise will offset the wine. I think I need to drink water as I suspect I'm a bit dehydrated from being in the sun all day. Tomorrow's weigh in will be telling.

I've managed to skim read your posts. @AJB1014 that was appallingly insensitive of your doctor, I hope you can quickly recapture your excitement and joy and that you husband is better soon. @faebert congratulations on the half marathon. @Bex953172 well done and here's to next week and your spreadsheet.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new week - good luck with your goals.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    01/08: 167.8
    02/08: 167.8
    03/08: 167,5
    04/08: 167.4

JFT: Sun 4 August
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate 🌟
    • Do something fun 🌟 (Visiting elder daughter)
    • 30+ minute workout/6000+ steps 🌟
    • Journal 🌟 (I'm reviewing July and revamping layout for August)
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Mon 5 August
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate
    • Do something fun
    • 30+ minute workout/6000+ steps
    • vacuum stairs
    • Declutter session
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Right so yesterday was one of them realisation days.
    Our house doesnt havent a full length mirror atm.
    And yestedday me and ash did some shopping, i dont normally try stuff on because i know my size and know if i buy it then it would fit, but a couple of items i decided to try just incase they didnt suit me.

Anyway stood in just my jnderwear in the changing roooms ans i really came face to face with the damage ive caused to my body.
    I look absolutely humongous, it was horrible.
    Im really feeling put off by it and now really want to make some changes, but im ALSO worried if it was enough to really make me change my ways.

Not sure where to start from here but im guessing just logging and exercise would be a good place to start. Ash said he would deffo sign me up for the gym but hes just checking we can afford it first, either way i can do work outs at home.

Eigh, i really need you guys ro kick me up the butt if i start slacking! I need to get this weight off!
    @Bex953172 FOOT READY AND AVAILABLE 👣👌... Lol…, I love you and you know I'm here....
    I'll kick yours if you'll kick mine ok ☺
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all, up and at ‘em early today as my big girl got picked up at 6:20am to set off for five days at a kids’ adventure camp. It’s her first time away from home for so long and we are both nervous and excited! The little one will be doing a gymnastics day camp all this week so I will be on my own for at least five hours a day this week.

Today I’m planning on taking it easy and recovering from yesterday’s race. Have a v sore left hip flexor but hopefully it will ease. Also have a funeral to attend which will be very sad. My mum’s cousin - to whom she was very close - passed away from a brain tumour aged 68. Feel so sad for her daughters who are just a bit younger than me; their babies will not remember their grandmother.

Sunday goals recap:
    - up early and prep ✅
    - half marathon race!!! ✅
    - Pick up kids at 5 ✅
    - get P to finish packing ✅
    - kids hair wash ✅
    - bed by 9 ❎

Monday goals:
    - up early to get P ready ✅
    - get L’s packed lunch ready
    - drop L for 9:50
    - funeral at 11
    - laundry and change sheets
    - send letter
    - chase quote
    - phone gym
    - Pick up L at 3:45pm
    - health food store/groceries
    - bed by 10

Have a great start to the week everyone x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member

@Faebert - I am so incredibly proud of you! What an accomplishment and what a way to mark the occasion!
    I don’t mean to be a downer on your day, but your BF is always sick or something when you need him isn’t he? I don’t know maybe because you don’t really post the good about him but he doesn’t seem like he’s very supportive to you.

@snowflake1968 - as usual, you’ve hit the nail on the head! I’m feeling quite let down by him at the moment. He does try, in his way, but it’s quite inconsistent and this weekend really wasn’t great. He didn’t turn up to the race finish (which I sort of understand as I had been going on about doing the race just for me), but also was still in bed when I got back, didn’t get up, hadn’t organised any food etc. Hardly the welcome I’d hoped for!

I have lots of sympathy for him because I know lots of it is his own frustration about being a former athlete who is now unhealthy and seriously out of shape. He gives me advice and would say he is proud of me, but sometimes I feel like he resents me too. It’s such a touchy subject though...
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Right so yesterday was one of them realisation days.
    Our house doesnt havent a full length mirror atm.
    And yestedday me and ash did some shopping, i dont normally try stuff on because i know my size and know if i buy it then it would fit, but a couple of items i decided to try just incase they didnt suit me.

Anyway stood in just my jnderwear in the changing roooms ans i really came face to face with the damage ive caused to my body.
    I look absolutely humongous, it was horrible.
    Im really feeling put off by it and now really want to make some changes, but im ALSO worried if it was enough to really make me change my ways.

Not sure where to start from here but im guessing just logging and exercise would be a good place to start. Ash said he would deffo sign me up for the gym but hes just checking we can afford it first, either way i can do work outs at home.

Eigh, i really need you guys ro kick me up the butt if i start slacking! I need to get this weight off!
    @Bex953172 FOOT READY AND AVAILABLE 👣👌... Lol…, I love you and you know I'm here....
    I'll kick yours if you'll kick mine ok ☺

Haha deal!

Its great to see you posting again Mary!
    Youve been missed so much!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning!! I was doing pretty well throughout the week last week but when the weekend came around I definitely fell off. There's still so much left to do at the house, yesterday I finally finished cleaning out the lower kitchen cabinets which were disgusting. I need to tackle the bathroom drawers next so we can really get all of our things put away.

I bought a TV for the spare bedroom so we can turn that into a home gym, but I haven't had to chance to set it up yet.. I really need to make that a priority so I can start doing my work out again as it's been about a month now. I just feel like I've slacked off so much lately it's hard not to be discouraged.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day!!

JFT 8/5:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:15
    3. Do a load of dishes
    4. Clean bathroom drawers

• TerriRichardson112
    @Bex953172 👢🥾 Which boot would you prefer? 😂 😂 😂

Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    01/08: 167.8
    02/08: 167.8
    03/08: 167.5
    04/08: 167.3

JFT: Sun 4 August Planning a relaxed day today after our busy Saturday. 🌟
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate 🌟
    • Do something fun (Visiting elder daughter)✅
    • 30+ minute workout/6000+ steps 🌟
    • Work on crochet (ongoing) 🌟

JFT: Mon 5 August
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate
    • Make dentist/doctor appointments 🌟
    • Do something fun
    • 35 mins dynamic yoga 🌟
    • 15 + mins HIIT walking video 🌟
    • 6000+ steps
    • gardening/declutter session (weather dependant)
    • Work on crochet
  • TerriRichardson112
    Faebert wrote: »

@snowflake1968 - as usual, you’ve hit the nail on the head! I’m feeling quite let down by him at the moment. He does try, in his way, but it’s quite inconsistent and this weekend really wasn’t great. He didn’t turn up to the race finish (which I sort of understand as I had been going on about doing the race just for me), but also was still in bed when I got back, didn’t get up, hadn’t organised any food etc. Hardly the welcome I’d hoped for!

I have lots of sympathy for him because I know lots of it is his own frustration about being a former athlete who is now unhealthy and seriously out of shape. He gives me advice and would say he is proud of me, but sometimes I feel like he resents me too. It’s such a touchy subject though...

Super gift to yourself. Great achievement on the race.
    I agree with Snowflake. You have the right to expect a bit more support from a BF. Sounds like he’s taking you a bit for granted. At the very least, he could have been up, ready to congratulate you. (JMHO)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Park run: 2 miles. Pack lunch. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Toe stretches! Jambalaya for lunch; saag for dinner.
    2. Leave for school by 9:20. Department meeting. Create literature test. Create grammar diagnostic and follow-up on NRI. Set up online discussions for weeks 1-3; students will choose 6-digit usernames. Duo. Need to edit Machiavelli unit so it doesn't run into Thanksgiving break. Review and print syllabus.
    3. Make weekly plans for prep period. Publish a blog post. Lifting. Run to 10k. Change for open house.
    4. Open House. GET CONTACT INFO. Rehearsal.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Find literature test. Check with dad - take bikes by AFTER raise shows up in paycheck!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM first rehearsal 7/29. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Sooo I kind of putzed around this weekend and accomplished very little. Didn't check in. Today is going to be a LONG day, because I've got open house in between school and rehearsal. Won't get home until late tonight. Ah well.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Sunday August 4
    2L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Monday August 5
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal

I had a great day with the Grands yesterday, it was long overdue.

I weighed 186.6 this morning. I know a lot of that is actually sodium and when I drink my water properly it will disappear, but it’s still discouraging. I am so disappointed in myself. I did so well all Winter maintaining and in just about 6 weeks have blown it. I know it will take longer than 6 weeks to get it down again but I’m hoping to push to do it.

Today is a civic holiday here. I am going to do some laundry and clean again, but other than that I have no plans whatsoever really.

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 8/4 Recap

Healthy Choices :|
    Lots of water :)
    Be in the moment and enjoy family time-don't be rushing/thinking of the next thing :)

JFT 8/5

Enjoy!
    Healthy choices but indulge in moderation
    Lots of water

Yesterday was lots of fun and I really enjoyed spending time with family. Today will be a hike plus beach time so I am going to get in lots of steps and enjoy some nature. I really do want to eat lots of fruit and veggies today and eat healthy because I'm getting deep dish pizza tonight. :)
  • Snowflake1968
    @Bex953172 - thanks for the laughs. He exaggerates quite a lot and each year he adds to it a bit. My “baby” is 28 soon to be 29 so he’s had lots of time.

@aubyshortcake - I understand what you are going through, when we moved in here we had a terrible filthy mess on out hands. Took 4 weeks of cleaning, painting, everything before I felt it was clean enough to move into. We replaced light fixtures, switch plates and outlets because we couldn’t get the smoke and grease stains off of them. It was a full time job. Hopefully you are seeing the end in sight.

I think there were more I wanted to comment to and I can’t remember right now. I’m hungry and need to make some breakfast so don’t want to take time.