JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    cory17 wrote: »
    @snowflake - When i eventually make it to your weight, will dance for joy (and be wearing skinny clothes). Crap, this am 219.0 I'll dance when get to onederland.
    back to work today.
    jft tues
    drink lots more
    stick to it
    log
    prep

You’ll get there you’ve been working hard towards it. Gee I wish it was half as easy to lose as it is to gain!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 8/5 Recap

Enjoy! :)
    Healthy choices but indulge in moderation :D I did not make any healthy choices and I indulged quite a lot.
    Lots of water :)

Tomorrow is our last day and we have a busy day ahead! I am so tired! We're heading to bed early and it's just me and my child tomorrow. I did drink quite a lot of water today and we went on a very slow hike and I managed to get almost 12K steps in so even though no run I still moved a lot. Going to try to get a run in tomorrow though and get my body moving a little.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    JFT - Monday August 5
    2L of water - 🙂🙂
    Log all food - 🙂🙂 and I’m only 50 some in the red
    Gratitude Journal - 🙂 I will be before going to bed

JFT - Tuesday August 6
    2L of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal

I had such a great weekend! It will suck going to work tomorrow. After work I am going to visit one of my cousin’s and return the folding bed I borrowed from them for the wedding.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Bex953172 I know that feeling of excitement. The taste of fresh produce is so much nicer than shop bought.

It's not the winning that counts! It's the taking part! (NOT!!!!!)
    In my 73 years I haven't ever met anyone who didn't want to win a competition they entered! 😂
    Bring it on!!! 😂 😂 😂
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 6 August

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    April challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited August 2019
    I will cheer on those of you who are in the challenge to be the first to loose 5lbs, I hope the friendly competition is the motivator that you need. (I'm trying to maintain at the moment otherwise I'd join you).
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    edited August 2019
    *sigh* i love and hate this time of year, the sun is shining, slight breeze, minimal rain, its not too hot or too cold.
    Sounds perfect right, makes you think id be able to sit in the sun, get my washing on the line?

But oh no. All that goodness is ruined by wasps. I cant stand them, i used to freak out at any insect, even flies, but as ive got older ive got used to most of them being in my vicinity. But wasps, i just cant do. Ill literally cry if ones near me. And they're in my back garden flying around my back door.

Ive just opened it for about 2 seconds and ones flown in, it flew straight into a glass on the side *luckily* and ive put a plate on top.
    So now i wont go out, at all. Its a lovely day and im hanging up the washing, INSIDE.

:(
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all, have shaken myself out of my post-run rest and food fest and got in a good home workout this morning. Was hoping to go to yoga today but my little one injured her thumb at gym camp yesterday so is taking today off. She will he stuck doing boring stuff with me (visiting a bathroom showroom!) but we’ll get in a long walk and a chat and maybe a drink out at a cafe.

Monday goals recap:
    - up early to get P ready ✅
    - get L’s packed lunch ready ✅
    - drop L for 9:50 ✅
    - funeral at 11 ✅
    - laundry and change sheets ✅
    - send letter ❎
    - chase quote ✅
    - phone gym ❎
    - Pick up L at 3:45pm ✅
    - health food store/groceries ✅
    - bed by 10❎

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - go to plumbers’ merchants to look at bathroom suites
    - send letter!!
    - put laundry away
    - phone gym
    - update card details
    - respond to quote ✅
    - bed by 10

Have a lovely day everyone x
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT 7-31-19

I hope everyone is having a good day! I had the hardest time getting up this morning. Even after I pulled into work this morning I could have fallen asleep in my car in the parking lot. I don't understand why I've been so tired lately! I have no idea how I am going to survive getting up at 5:30 for school in September when I can barely get up at 7 now!

You weren't eating well for a while. it's possible you are lacking in iron or some vitamin. I'm a bit of a hypocrit being that I don't take vitamins or supplements, but they can truly help.

It's possible but I've been taking prenatal vitamins for a while now even though Matt and I have stopped trying to have a baby for the moment. I just never stopped. Lol.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Good morning ladies!

This past weekend was rough. The funeral was on Friday. I almost missed it because I got my days confused. Thank God for Mom calling me an hour before. But Friday, after it was over Matt and I went shopping like it was any normal day and we spent the whole time snapping and yelling at each other. Definitely not a good day for us. So we spent the rest of the weekend doing nothing and just relaxing. I was dealing with a bit of intense anxiety but that seems to have passed.

Anyway, this is my last week of Summer School. Then I have 3 weeks off before the official school year starts. I just updated my resume as well. I'm waiting on a friend of mine to check it over. She's a librarian and is awesome at this kind of stuff. For those 3 weeks, I have plans to finish my outline and get the first few chapters of my story written and get my resume completely polished and sent to a few agencies. I really hope I can start working in my chosen field soon. We are going to need the money if we want to move up to the front house. Mom and Dad said that we would need to be able to pay them at least $800 a month. That's about $450 more than we pay now. If I get a part-time job doing this we can definitely afford that. So keep your fingers crossed everyone! Lol.

I'm about to go step on the scale to see how much I weigh because I definitely want to join the 5lbs challenge! I know I'm a day late but oh well, right? Lol.

JFT, 8/6/19

1. Weigh myself
    2. Log my food
    3. Drink 100oz of water

I'm going to keep it SUPER simple for right now. I have been terrible at coming on here and updating and things so we're going to just do simple simple things for right now.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Start weight: 183.4
    Goal weight: 178.4
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning all! Thank you for the support, I'm sure you're right that I must be burning a lot with this cleaning, now to just get this appetite in check!

Im rooting for all of you in the competition! 📣🎉

Yesterday 8/5:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:15😔
    3. Do a load of dishes😑kind of
    4. Clean bathroom drawers😔

JFT 8/6:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:15
    3. Go grocery shopping
    4. Cook dinner
  • Bex953172
    edited August 2019
    Haha brillisnt @HEGoddard0928 for joining the 5lb challenge!

So ive been thinking how best to do this competition and keeping it friendly.

So @mytime6630 @snowflake1968 @PackerFanInGB @TerriRichardson112 and anyone else who has joined!

The idea is that ill make a memo of all the SW and GW, but also remember it for yourself.

THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT! whether it takes us 3 weeks to lose 5lbs, the FIRST person to lose 5lbs is the winner!

After a winner is announced the competition RESETS! so the first to lose 5lbs again wins!

Because im thinking if one of us only loses say 1lb? It would be unfair to expect them to lose 9lbs, does that make sense?

And ill keep a little scoreboard of winners haha

The only rules i can think of is
    Make sure your scales are accurate
    Maybe neasure a couple of times to double check your score.
    Aslong as your scale says you lost 5lbs then you win, doesnt matter if its gone up or down by the next day, so dont worry about fluctuations.

Good luck everyone! (No sabotaging allowed hahah)
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 8/6

Clean eating/Healthy choices
    stay within calories
    lots of water
    30 minutes exercise

I feel so awful this morning. All that bad eating has caught up to me and my stomach is unhappy. Definitely going for a walk/run this morning and going to eat clean today and drink lots of water. We're flying to LA today from San Fran so fun morning of exploring today and then need to be at the airport this afternoon. Soups and salads only for me today and going to have a packet of oatmeal this morning in our hotel room.

I didn't know a bunch of you were doing a competition! I just read through! Very exciting! I wish I could join but with vacation and not having a scale that will not happen. If you do one again I may join. I get such motivation from competing. :) Good luck everyone!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Bex953172 That sounds like a plan. We could copy and paste this at the top of our daily post. I like ‘discard’ as I ain’t looking to find it again!

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: ?

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME:
    SW:
    GW:
  • Bex953172
    @Bex953172 That sounds like a plan. We could copy and paste this at the top of our daily post. I like ‘discard’ as I ain’t looking to find it again!

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME:
    SW:
    GW:

Oh yes perfect LOL!
    i was thinking of doing sonething like that but seriously CBA doing the coding LOL!
    Saved me the trouble! Thank you so much!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY! GOOD MORNING!!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY
    JFT TUESDAY
    READ 3 CHAPTERS
    DISHES DONE
    COFFEE MADE
    TRASH OUT
    BED MADE
    LAUNDRY TO BE DONE
    EXERCISE ALREADY IN THIS MORNING AND A BOTTLE OF WATER

I'M EXCITED FOR EVERYONE ON HERE! I KNOW THAT WE'RE GAINING MOMENTUM ONCE AGAIN
    AND PUTTING OUR BACKS TO THE GRIND TO MAKE PROGRESS. PRAYERS FOR THE HURTING
    NEEDY, DEPRESSED, AND ANYONE WHO NEEDS IT.
    HAND. CLAPS AND HIGH FIVES TO THE CHALLENGE TAKERS, AND THOSE WITH THAT EXTRA PUSH
    TO DO ONE MORE STEP THAN YESTERDAY, ONE MORE PUSH/SIT UP, ONE MORE BOTTLE OF WATER,
    AND WHATEVER YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS ARE I'M PROUD OF YOU!

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS TODAY! ENJOY THIS GIFT CALLED TODAY🙌 ☺👌 😘💝💝💝💝💝💝💝
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log breakfast. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Leave for school by 7:30. Leadership meeting. Print rosters with table assignments. Print standards. Print pass logs. Duo. Review unit 1 plans and finalize. Review units 2-5 and align with semester calendar. Create literature test. Create grammar diagnostic and follow-up on NRI. Set up directions to log in to NRI, Grammarly, PBWiki.
    3. Print tardy log, materials checkout, contact log. Email unit 1 to TKES. Publish a blog post. Lifting. Run to 10k.
    4. Continue bartending course. Continue literature test. Set up online discussions; students will choose 6-digit usernames. Rehearsal.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 10:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.
    8. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for narrative, MLA format, poetry. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! When can we do test diagnostic? Check w/ dad about getting bikes to shop next week (?)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM first rehearsal 7/29. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. I have GOT to get my unit plans finalized and submitted TODAY because students return tomorrow. Stupid meetings. :P I feel SO behind. :(
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Good morning ladies!

This past weekend was rough. The funeral was on Friday. I almost missed it because I got my days confused. Thank God for Mom calling me an hour before. But Friday, after it was over Matt and I went shopping like it was any normal day and we spent the whole time snapping and yelling at each other. Definitely not a good day for us. So we spent the rest of the weekend doing nothing and just relaxing. I was dealing with a bit of intense anxiety but that seems to have passed.

Anyway, this is my last week of Summer School. Then I have 3 weeks off before the official school year starts. I just updated my resume as well. I'm waiting on a friend of mine to check it over. She's a librarian and is awesome at this kind of stuff. For those 3 weeks, I have plans to finish my outline and get the first few chapters of my story written and get my resume completely polished and sent to a few agencies. I really hope I can start working in my chosen field soon. We are going to need the money if we want to move up to the front house. Mom and Dad said that we would need to be able to pay them at least $800 a month. That's about $450 more than we pay now. If I get a part-time job doing this we can definitely afford that. So keep your fingers crossed everyone! Lol.

I'm about to go step on the scale to see how much I weigh because I definitely want to join the 5lbs challenge! I know I'm a day late but oh well, right? Lol.

JFT, 8/6/19

1. Weigh myself
    2. Log my food
    3. Drink 100oz of water

I'm going to keep it SUPER simple for right now. I have been terrible at coming on here and updating and things so we're going to just do simple simple things for right now.

Hannah you have my love, support, and hugs... You've Got This!☺💝