JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited August 2019
    Recap M 8/5 ~ Slept in this morning before work so no walk with doggo = sad dog. Temp is already mid 80s & humid so feels like 87(F), with thunderstorms predicted late afternoon & throughout evening. Adjusting today's workout.
    1) X-train (weights/circuit or Sweaty Betty) in evening = Nope... strong thunderstorms & I was busy keeping doggo calm. Will x-train W a.m.
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,304 steps, 250+ 12/14 & 28 floors :) ok for rest day
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / no snack after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Did well all day, then evening snack attack of dry roasted peanuts... at least I measured them in my little bowl & did not eat straight from the container. Net cals -312 :( , sodium -785, sugar -18, fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    4) Start GA-C/V/K testing for real & plan observation dates :smile: / chapter board meeting 3:00 :smile: went long & ended 4:15 / clear some Inbox :smile:
    5) Evening: put away clean dishes :smile: / declutter coffee table and/or desk / put stuff in recycle bin :smile: / take tags off new shirts & take upstairs :smile: / other? made salad from leftover rotisserie chicken for hubby, washed dishes :smile:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :smile: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work T) :smile: / bed & tv off 10:20 :neutral: 10:30

JFT T 8/6
    1) Walked dog before work 65 min. & stretched = happy dog & so-so me... I hate this humid weather!!! :D
    2) Move hourly (except afternoon in-house training) / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / no snack after supper (health assessment W a.m.) / 14c water
    4) Evening: call D/B to arrange date / prep overnight oats for W / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set 6:00 alarm (x-train W a.m. / must fast & no breakfast) / bed & tv off 10:20
  • cschmitz110515
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha brillisnt @HEGoddard0928 for joining the 5lb challenge!

So ive been thinking how best to do this competition and keeping it friendly.

So @mytime6630 @snowflake1968 @PackerFanInGB @TerriRichardson112 and anyone else who has joined!

The idea is that ill make a memo of all the SW and GW, but also remember it for yourself.

THERE IS NO TIME LIMIT! whether it takes us 3 weeks to lose 5lbs, the FIRST person to lose 5lbs is the winner!

After a winner is announced the competition RESETS! so the first to lose 5lbs again wins!

Because im thinking if one of us only loses say 1lb? It would be unfair to expect them to lose 9lbs, does that make sense?

And ill keep a little scoreboard of winners haha

The only rules i can think of is
    Make sure your scales are accurate
    Maybe neasure a couple of times to double check your score.
    Aslong as your scale says you lost 5lbs then you win, doesnt matter if its gone up or down by the next day, so dont worry about fluctuations.

Good luck everyone! (No sabotaging allowed hahah)

Add me! I will use my "official" Sat. weigh-ins. SW = 164.5
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    I love this challenge... and man, I need it! Thanks for getting us started Bex!

Last nite gave into binge eating SO bad. I have not done this in a long time ... lets see ... an entire box of marshmallow cookies, followed by piece of cheesecake, then some potato chips!! Yikes ... not off to a good start!

That is why I LOVE this challenge. I have been doing OK losing since June, but the scale has not moved since July, and now, I feel myself going backwards and just wanting to give up. But I know how much better I feel when I am at a healthier weight.

Today my weight is way up, but I am going to take the weight that I was 2 days ago at my starting weight for this challenge.

So my official SW is 187.6

My weigh-in is also on saturdays.

Name: Joan
    SW: 187.6
    GW: 1st goal weight 178 (to be out of the overweight, and normal BMI)
    GW: 2nd goal weight 170
    CW: ?? (I don't want to put this down yet, after my huge binge last nite!!!)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    But today i want to do better.
    I want to win this competition LOL

OK --- your on Bex --- lets let the challenge begin!!!!! ;)<3
  • louisebrandrick
    louisebrandrick Posts: 24 Member
    Hi everyone I would love to join in the loose 5lb challenge .Im really struggling to get motivated at the moment so hopefully this will help me.Not made good choices for my food today so far but going to finish on a high and go to the gym !!!
    Sw 90.7
    Good luck everyone x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    korina75 wrote: »
    JFT 8/6

Clean eating/Healthy choices
    stay within calories
    lots of water
    30 minutes exercise

I feel so awful this morning. All that bad eating has caught up to me and my stomach is unhappy. Definitely going for a walk/run this morning and going to eat clean today and drink lots of water. We're flying to LA today from San Fran so fun morning of exploring today and then need to be at the airport this afternoon. Soups and salads only for me today and going to have a packet of oatmeal this morning in our hotel room.

I didn't know a bunch of you were doing a competition! I just read through! Very exciting! I wish I could join but with vacation and not having a scale that will not happen. If you do one again I may join. I get such motivation from competing. :) Good luck everyone!

Yes totally, hopefully an going thing for a while, once theres a winner, the competition resets! So theres always a chance to win!
  • Bex953172
    Hi everyone I would love to join in the loose 5lb challenge .Im really struggling to get motivated at the moment so hopefully this will help me.Not made good choices for my food today so far but going to finish on a high and go to the gym !!!
    Sw 90.7
    Good luck everyone x

Sorry to pry, is your startweight 90.7? Or is that a typo? I hope im not coning across as judgemental but that sounds pretty low!
  • cschmitz110515
    Sw 90.7
    Good luck everyone x

Sorry to pry, is your startweight 90.7? Or is that a typo? I hope im not coning across as judgemental but that sounds pretty low!

I'm guessing kg?
  • Bex953172
    Sw 90.7
    Good luck everyone x

I'm guessing kg?

Oohh didnt think of that!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    edited August 2019
    Weather very wet and some thunder, so old tree is still lying in the yard.

Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    01/08: 167.8
    02/08: 167.8
    03/08: 167.5
    04/08: 167.4
    05/08: 167.3
    06/08: 167.4
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: ?
    ==============================

JFT: Tues 6 August
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate 🌟
    • Ring doctor first thing 🌟 Appointment this morning. Referred to gynae
    • Do something fun 🌟 Watched some fav progs as the weather was foul.
    • 16 mins dynamic yoga 🌟
    • 30 + mins HIIT walking video 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • Take cut up tree for recycling —>
    • declutter session 🌟
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Wed 7 August
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Prelog food/follow through/hydrate
    • Grocery shopping
    • Do something fun
    • 35 mins dynamic yoga
    • 15 + mins HIIT walking video
    • 6000+ steps
    • Take cut up tree for recycling
    • declutter session
    • Work on crochet
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 6 August

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:) don't think so, I need to go remember to log!
    Feb challenge :)
    April challenge :/
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :/

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    I'll join the competition. I weighed yesterday at 153. Great idea! See you at the finish line!
    5sg4r0rgrjse.png
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log breakfast. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Leave for school by 7:30. Leadership meeting. Print rosters with table assignments. Print standards. Print pass logs. Duo. Review unit 1 plans and finalize. Review units 2-5 and align with semester calendar. Create literature test. Create grammar diagnostic and follow-up on NRI. Set up directions to log in to NRI, Grammarly, PBWiki.
    3. Print tardy log, materials checkout, contact log. Email unit 1 to TKES. Publish a blog post. Lifting. Run to 10k.
    4. Continue bartending course. Continue literature test. Set up online discussions; students will choose 6-digit usernames. Rehearsal.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 10:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log breakfast. Toe stretches! Lunch: salad. Dinner: Spiedini.
    2. Leave for school by 6:50. Homeroom - pass out papers. Play Hot Seat. Duo.
    3. Set up portfolios. Introductions. Read-aloud. Honors set up discussion login.
    4. Review unit 1 plans and finalize. Review units 2-5 and align with semester calendar. Continue literature test. Create grammar diagnostic and follow-up on NRI. Set up directions to log in to NRI, Grammarly, PBWiki. Publish a blog post. Lifting. Run to 10k. Rehearsal.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 10:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.
    8. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for narrative, MLA format, poetry. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! When can we do test diagnostic? Continue bartending course. Check w/ dad about getting bikes to shop next week (?)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM first rehearsal 7/29. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. It isn't even tomorrow yet and I want to just stay in bed and hide. *sigh*
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 7 August

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise calories
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning everyone. Just back from my first run since Sunday’s race. Was a bit sore but a nice day for it and glad I’ve done it. Today I have lots of errands to do. Nothing v exciting but hopefully working towards getting the house and garden in better shape.

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - go to plumbers’ merchants to look at bathroom suites ✅
    - send letter!! ✅
    - put laundry away❎
    - phone gym ✅
    - update card details ❎
    - respond to quote ✅
    - bed by 10 ❎

Wednesday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 6 miles
    - take L to gym camp ✅
    - tan ✅
    - update card details ✅
    - dishwasher delivery
    - post letter
    - gardening
    - online shop
    - check if bf is coming to install dishwasher - buy dinner ingredients if so
    - eyebrow threading
    - bed by 11

Have a lovely day x
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT, 8/6/19

1. Weigh myself :)
    2. Log my food :)Was pretty ugly but I did it
    3. Drink 100oz of water :)Around 112oz at least
    Morning everyone!

I got home from work yesterday and was in a terrible mood. Just b!tchy and irritated. I don't know why. But I calmed down and Matt and I went to his f/u with his gastro. All of the recent tests came back clean so he said to keep taking the meds and see him again in three months. So that's good. We then went to Walmart where I returned something and we picked up Detective Pikachu to have a movie/cuddle night. And boy did we snack! Lol. But I logged it all! Well, I logged the Goldfish as best as I could since I didn't measure anything out. Lol.

But this morning has been better. My friend T and I made each other get up and go to the gym this morning. We like about 150 miles away but last night we said that we would both get up at 5am and go got our respective gyms. And we actually did! Me, little miss not-morning person, had to bug her to go but she did! We took selfies to prove that we actually got there. The only bad thing is I ended up getting a leg cramp on the leg press machine. I've been stretching it out since I got home so I'm hoping that it starts to really feel better by the time I get home from work.

Okay! Onto goals!

JFT, 8/7/19

1. Log all food(Yes even the snacks!)
    2. Drink 100oz of water
    3. Bug A for resume review

Have a great day everyone!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning!! I am really struggling right now, I'll post more later but you are all amazing and I hope you have a great day!

Yesterday 8/6:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish work at 5:15😔
    3. Go grocery shopping😔
    4. Cook dinner😔

JFT 8/7:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:15
    3. Go grocery shopping
    4. Cook dinner
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    It is not yet 11:30 AM and I am already exhausted. I don't have my planning period until the end of the day, which I don't like because by that point I'm so worn out that it's hard to get anything done :(
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    8/6 Recap

Clean eating/Healthy choices :|
    stay within calories :s
    lots of water :)
    30 minutes exercise :(

I don't know why I just will not exercise much on vacation. And this is a long one. I am doing a lot of walking but that isn't making up for how much I am eating, I am sure of that. I did pretty good all day and then chose badly late at night. Oh well, onward. Today is a low key day. We're in LA and we are so tired and a little burnt out. Today we are just going to do the bare minimum of touristing/walking around. Dinner with family tonight and no idea of what tomorrow will bring.

Today! 8/7

Mostly healthy choices
    lots of water
    rest as needed

Wow, those are the goals of a lazy person! :D But my mind is tired and I want to see lots of things today but not actually do much.

Hope all have a great day!