JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Last reminder! We will start on Tuesday.

There are four of us who are signing up for the online Bible Study. These are short but encouraging studies. Please private message me if you are want to join us!

Here's the info:
    1) It's found on Bible.com
    2)It's free
    3)Totally Bible-centered and non-denominational
    4)It's a 14-day study
    5) It's a very short daily study (short, as in 5 minutes): A short devotional, one-two scriptures, and then an opportunity to write out and share your thoughts on what was just read
    6) We would be our own private group, be it 2 or more. Anything we shared would just stay within our group
    7) The devos are taken from The Daniel diet Plan. However, there is nothing about the Daniel Plan in the Bible Study. It's strictly encouragement and edification on our weight loss journey
    8) You do this on your time. For example, you complete it at 8 am. I get a notice that you made a comment. I do my study at 1130 am. I share my thoughts and then comment on yours as well. So it is ongoing throughout the day and you contribute any or none, as you have time and from as short as an "I agree with you!" to sharing a scripture that you've thought of to sharing a heartfelt experience. It's up to you.
    9) When you sign up to Bible.com (also called YouVersion) know that no one is going to knock on your door, send emails, etc. They will send a daily reminder of the study if you want them to. And notifications when someone contributes to the share portion (that, too, might be optional). I do get occasional "you've earned this badge for highlighting 10,000 verses or some such)
    10) Anyone is welcome, whether you are a Christian or someone who just wants some daily encouragement, or if you are wanting to read a bit of the Bible. This is a non-confrontational group.
    11) As can be ascertained, the entire Bible and the versions are on Bible.com.
    12) I've done at least 3, maybe four Bible.com Bible studies, with women from different denominations. I have found them to be very encouraging but not overwhelming in content or in length.

I will send this out two or three more times. Again, please private message me if you are interested. I will then invite you to join me in the Bible Study.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,310 Member
    @bookmeister86 wow, that's a lot to deal with. I can relate to what you're going through because the problems & stresses with my last job were similar. The good news about that was I got laid off, yay. My job got eliminated along with 75 others. Some of them found other positions in the same company but I didn't even look. I was SO tired of the whole place. I'm glad you have some options & do try your best to put your own health & emotions first so you can think clearly & make good decisions
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 8/19 Recap

Drink lots of water :(
    30 minutes exercise :(
    Eat within maintenance :(
    healthy choices :(

Awful awful day. I have gotten absolutely nothing done today, gotten nothing accomplished. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    SW - 186.6
    CW - 185.4
    The SW is the weight the day we started this challenge, CW is my daily weigh in weight.

I dropped the ball yesterday and didn’t even post goals. I am in so much pain from my hip and now my hand is hurting. I just need to be pain free for a bit.

JFT - Tuesday Aug 20
    2l of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal

@bookmeister86 - Hugs. I’ve been thinking about you.

More I wanted to comment on but I think it’s all the typing on my phone hurting my hand, so I’m keeping it short.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Today's Commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- French podcast
    - 1h lunch break
    - Book hair appointment
    - Read something for job interview
    - Finish work by 6.30pm
    - French reading
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • bookmeister86
    SW - 186.6
    CW - 185.4
    The SW is the weight the day we started this challenge, CW is my daily weigh in weight.

I dropped the ball yesterday and didn’t even post goals. I am in so much pain from my hip and now my hand is hurting. I just need to be pain free for a bit.

JFT - Tuesday Aug 20
    2l of water
    Log all food
    Gratitude Journal

@bookmeister86 - Hugs. I’ve been thinking about you.

More I wanted to comment on but I think it’s all the typing on my phone hurting my hand, so I’m keeping it short.

Hugs back to you. Sorry you're in pain - I've missed quite a few posts I think, have you been to the doctor about it? X
  • bookmeister86
    Evamutt wrote: »
    @bookmeister86 wow, that's a lot to deal with. I can relate to what you're going through because the problems & stresses with my last job were similar. The good news about that was I got laid off, yay. My job got eliminated along with 75 others. Some of them found other positions in the same company but I didn't even look. I was SO tired of the whole place. I'm glad you have some options & do try your best to put your own health & emotions first so you can think clearly & make good decisions

I would LOVE to get laid off, hehe... Sadly I don't think it'll happen, I always have about twice as much work as time so it's a fairly pivotal role! I am very tired of the company as you were - something for me to weigh up when deciding what to do next...
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member

So JFT Monday 19th

Stay under maintenance I think so
    No snacking 3 squares of chocolate
    Drink enough (have water when you can't get tea!) did drink water, probably not enough
    Stay positive. Remember - positive thoughts make the day better :)yes

JFT Tuesday 20th

Stay under maintenance
    No snacking
    Drink enough
    Walk
    Make a decision about dodgy laptop
    Phone for physio appointment, been waiting 10 weeks for this, got a letter today saying I'm now allowed appointment.
    Stay positive

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday August 20

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge

I'm now back at the lower end of my maintenance range and would like to stay there to allow for the times when it's harder to stay in the green (holidays etc.) I tend to become more complacent when I get to my goal thinking that I have more wriggle room and allow myself too many indulgences! My indulgences tend to be bread with unlimited cheese and pate plus wine rather than sweet things. I have to keep logging and weighing myself to stay on track otherwise I slightly overeat most days with a resultant creep in weight gain.

My word for the year was methodical and for me that means preplanning to ensure that there's suitable food in the house, pre logging and sticking to a weekly average that keeps me in the green. Making sure that I drink enough water is also important.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Workout at home 🙂
    3. One healthy snack after dinner 👎
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Drink 150oz water👍

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. One healthy snack after dinner
    4. Drink 150oz water
    5. Meditate
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all. Had to readjust some plans today already as my poor little cat came home this morning wounded from some kind of scrap and very very sad. Took him to the vet after my gym class and found out he has a temperature so they are worried about infection. An hour later, after two injections and quite a lot of money I can ill afford to spend, I’m now trying to get my day back on track! At least the sleepover went well last night and all the kids are happy.

Monday goals recap:
    - morning long run ✅ 10 miles!! 😊
    - Laundry ✅
    - Measure up bathroom, research baths and showers ✅
    - Buy bf birthday gift ✅
    - Get TV license ✅
    - Book exercise classes for the week ✅
    - Online groceries❎
    - Health food store ✅
    - Tan/eyebrows if time ✅
    - Bed at a reasonable hour ✅

Tuesday goals:
    - make pancake breakfast for kids ✅
    - Warrior class 9:30 ✅
    - cat to the vet ✅
    - kids to pack for beach trip ✅
    - take kids for lunch
    - drop E home
    - take kids to parents for beach trip
    - online grocery shop
    - more refurb research - contact D to ask what he needs and the deadlines
    - laundry away
    - lay out running kit
    - bed by 10

Have a good day everyone x

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Review standards for the week. Correct possessives assignment. Literature terms. Begin reading "Miss Awful."
    4. Class 2-3: Review standards for the week. Correct possessives assignment. Literature terms. Read "Sound of Thunder." Check for challenge books.
    5. Planning: A - Update class websites. B - Blog post. C - Input classwork grades. D - Grade 5 summer essays. Print One Pager directions.
    6. Lifting. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Dinner: Soup. Leave for rehearsal by 6:30.
    8. Read 10 pages of Dying for a Paycheck. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:10.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: Aim for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Introduce verb phrases & practice. Review literature terms with Kahoot. Finish reading "Miss Awful."
    4. Class 2-3: Introduce verb phrases & practice. Review literature terms with Kahoot. Read "Witness for the Prosecution."
    5. Planning: A - Update class websites. B - Blog post. C - Input classwork grades. D - Grade 5 summer essays.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! UPON ARRIVING HOME: PLAN AND LOG FOR TOMORROW.
    7. Dinner: Jambalaya. Rehearsal.
    8. Read 10 pages of Dying for a Paycheck. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:10.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Continue bartending course. Check w/ dad about getting bikes to shop next week (?) Wednesday try to put bikes in our car (??) Get sub for classes. Check dates for plans.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 195.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Did not make 4 miles. Did not even make 3. I'm slow. *sigh* Morning runs are SO STUPID EARLY. I'm tired. Hopefully I can make good choices.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning!

@Snowflake1968 I hope you feel better and your pain goes away soon!

@Faebert I'm so sorry about your cat! I hope he is doing ok. 😔

We've been having kind of a rough time since we moved in, for some reason both our jobs feel like they've gotten way busier. My boss asked my coworker and I to figure out a way to the less overwhelmed and asked if he thought we should bring in a new person, and then in the same afternoon when we told him we thought it might be a good idea he said he didn't want to do that and then went on to say he wanted us to keep finding more customers.. and my poor husband hasn't had a day off in I'm sure how long, I don't know how he gets up and keeps doing it every day, he lays tile so it's really hard work!

We got our quote for the fence which was not horrendous however now my husband doesn't want to use that company and I think he wants to try and do it himself. I totally understand that I'm just so anxious to get it done because I want our husky Rukia to come stay with us again, I miss her so much.

We both have so much we want and need to get done around the house but we feel like we have no time to do it because of work, how ironic is that??

Anyways, enough of my ranting for today, I hope you all have a great day!

Yesterday 8/19:

1. Stay within calorie goal😔
    2. Finish putting dresser together😁
    3. Put away clothes😔

JFT 8/20:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish work at 5:20
    3. Put away clothes
    4. Clean linen closet
    5. Cook dinner
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited August 2019
    Recap M 8/19
    1) Walked dog 3.66 mi 1:04:31 before work = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,768 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! & 38 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snack prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Did well all day but evening snack of dry roasted peanuts put me in the red :'( net cals -147 :/ , sodium -1,657 :o , sugar green :smile: , fiber & protein nearly spot on :D , 14c water
    4) Complete GA-C/V O/I summaries & APG this week so I am finished when vacation starts F 4:30 p.m. = :smiley:
    5) Make vet appt. for kitty :smile: first weekday of vacation but at least it will be done / decide on dish to make for dept food day tomorrow :smile: trifle / shop if necessary :smile: yep necessary / drop off mail :smile: / prep for food day :smile: put together trifle with fresh berries plus lunch since noon webinar / wash dishes :# does nagging hubby into loading dishwasher & running before he goes to work count? I say yes / other? put away clean dishes
    6) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: / floss :s / retainers :s / set 5:40 alarm :) (walk dog before work T) / bed & tv off 10:20 :neutral: bed by 10 & fell asleep w/ tv on

JFT T 8/20
    1) Walked dog 3.6 mi 1:01:42 saw 3 bunnies & stretched = happy dog & happy me :p I sooo agree @clicketykeys that morning workouts are SO STUPID EARLY... now (if I'm on time) dog & I leave the house BEFORE sunrise! I've been struggling to get up as it's still slightly dark nowadays. Before I know it, we will be donning our reflective gear soon.
    2) Not sure about food log today ~ it's food day in dept. to celebrate co-worker's bday & I never know what I will face, usually not so healthy. I've gotten in habit of being picky & taking tiny portions to taste. My planned meals have been prelogged & goal is net cals zero / 14c water
    3) Move hourly / pace during noon webinar / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    4) Continue good pace on GA-C/V / assist KSB with GA-GC set-up / OOO message for next week / select promo files to view & email request
    5) Email P re event tour in Sept & Artstreet Sun. / finish clean-up in kitchen / declutter 15 min. / fill jugs from rain barrels / check/refill birdfeeders / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog W before work) / bed & tv off 10:20
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    edited August 2019

JFT, 8-19-19

1. Log all my food 😔
    2. Drink 100oz+ of water😁
    3. Do the dishes!!!!😐I did one load... But not the ones from dinner. Le sigh
    4. Plot at least 3 chapters 😔
    5. Figure out dinner😁A total failed experiment but it was good none the less
    6. QT with Matt 😁Kinda. Lol. Our friend just moved from Missouri to Iowa about 2 weeks ago and finally got internet yesterday so we spent the evening chatting with him online while they played video games. It was really fun.
    7. Bed whenever😁Around 11ish. Lol

JFT, 8/20/19

1. Actually log my food!!!
    2. Finish the damn dishes!
    3. Outline 3 chapters
    4. Drink 100oz+ water
    5. Look over other places to send my resume.
    6. Bed at a reasonable time
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    @Snowflake1968 Hope you feel better soon.

@bookmeister86 I feel your pain at work. I used have that problem, for a company I started with out of college, loved in the early days, and stayed with for too long. They did me the best thing possible by eliminating my position. It was hard leaving so many work friends without a chance to say good-bye (tells you something about the company, doesn't it?) and giving up my max'ed out benefits. But oh so good for my soul! Basically they gave me a paid sabbatical without a job to return to. I got to try consulting for several years (I loved the work, just not consistent enough to make a living), then another employer in my field. I have a very good work/life balance now and, since I'm on the tail end of my career, I can put up with certain things (stupid mgmt) knowing my time is limited. You have a good plan and I wish you the best!

@faebert Congrats to your parents on their momentous anniversary. Hope the kitty heals soon.

@ZizzyBumble You are my inspiration! I can relate to your complacency in maintenance so well. Once I got within 10# of my goal, I stalled for over one year, and have even gained weight back. I'm not worried, I just need to follow my plan, but sometimes that gets so old.

@aubyshortcake Hugs to you, friend! Don't let busy work and new home consume you. Take time for DH and dogs. Best of luck!

@PackerFanInGB Hope you have had a safe return from your trip and that it was good for you and all of the family. (((hugs)))
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    @cshmitz110515 That is where I'm at...10lbs and I've been needing to get it off for 10months! It's so very frustrating. Ten measly lbs. After losing 30 in 10 months I can't lose the last 10.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @cshmitz110515 That is where I'm at...10lbs and I've been needing to get it off for 10months! It's so very frustrating. Ten measly lbs. After losing 30 in 10 months I can't lose the last 10.

Have you tried readjusting your stats? I read something somewhere that you might even need to increase your food to lose the last few, or change it to lose 1lb or 0.5 a week.
    I cant rmemeber where i read i though.. im sure it will be somewhere amongst MFP.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @bookmeister86 - your plan sounds good! Have you ever watched the Great British Baking show? It's definitely a happy, brain-candy show, but OTOH it got my husband into baking, so it might not be the best if you're still trying to eat carefully! ;D

@cschmitz110515 - It's still too hot here for me to be able to stand being outside much in the afternoon. And then in the evening I have play practice. So it's early mornings for the time being, unfortunately.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    It's so hard to go back to reality after vacation! I've been struggling since I returned two weeks ago. And I'm not complaining, I swear, but we have one last vacation before school starts. We're going to the beach for a week this Sunday. And I typically eat terribly and barely move at the beach. But then school/routine begins again and hopefully it won't be as hard to get back on track.

I didn't post any goals today but I did try to stick to my usual ones.

JFT

Drink water :)
    30 minutes exercise :)
    healthy choices :)
    no alcohol :)
    journal :)