Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa thank you so much for all the advice!!!! Feel like ive had a Parenting Course haha im feeling much more positive about it all today. I really like the repeating back the instructions. And the hand on shoulder or wrist. Thats really going to help.
    They totally exploit Ash, he does give in a lot but they give him the eyes and make him feel bad, or they put him on the spot and with his disorder he really struggles to say no.
    So i think i have to lay down the rules. But ill do that with him so he doesnt think im taking over.

@ZizzyBumble im really hoping school helps, but we dread that theyll just be the same after school. But i guess were getting that space in the day. Were already saving up next year for a holiday club, a stay-cation and money for trips out (not for everyday) but its been hard to occupy them with not enough money.

Were going to IKEA this wednesday. They have the part that fixes the cabinet to the wall. The store is no where near us which is why we couldnt get it sooner. We as parents feel partially responsible for what happened as we should have removed it until we got the part. We just thought after the first time she wouldnt do that again, but obviously.. she did. I just didnt think she'd forget about the whole thing coming crashing down on her to do it again!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Casey is okay, bruise isnt so bad today, i think the ice helped with that.
    Back to her happy self.

But today weve had the worst day. The kids (except Casey) have really hurt our feelings. Really bad, worse than anything before.

We decided to go out today, we went to a couple of garden centres, got them some lunch, had a good look around and bought some plants. Now we knew it wasnt every kids dream to go to the garden centre but we involved them where we could and listened when they wanted to show us something, and we stopped and looked at loads of butterflies on some of the flowers. They did get told off a couple of times for being too koud and interrupting me and Ash mid conversation. We then went to the DIY store, again not a kids ideal day out but we got what we needed then again, looked at things they liked, even bought a cactus saskia found funny because she said it looks like a willy. (Lol, it really did) but the constant bickering between them, and the moaning and the spilt juice from impatience and constant telling them to stop this stop that led us to the decision that they would not play with the neighbours when we got home. First reason because they hadnt really listened to us and so we thought they shouldnt play out today and second because we were really tired and didnt fancy keeping an eye out for even more kids. We wanted to plant our plants.
    So then we went b&m which is like a discount store? And Ash decided that he would get the kids a bubble machine which is also a pretend lawn mower, so you push it around and bubbles come out lol, we thought that would be nice for marley and casey. And we bought a football net and ball and thought we could play some ball after we did the plants together (we were going to let them help us with that too)

Saskia knew that she wasnt going to be playing with nextdoor, we told her so.
    But when we got home we were chatting to the neighbour and she put us on the spot and started playing with them, we didnt want to cause a scene or seem like it was anything to do with the nieghbours kids. So we let it slide, we werent happy about it but her playing meant we could still get the garden done with marley and casey, saskia then comes in the garden and brings the neighbours with her whilst we were trying to set up the football net, which meant then marley was playing with them too (which meant we then had to watch them all as theyre in our garden) now the neighbours kids were as good as gold. I have no problem with them at all.

What upset us was that we took them out, involved them where we could and despite the bickering and fighting and us saying they couldnt play with the neighbours we still bought them garden toys and they werent interested. They werent interested in us and they didnt want to spend time with us or play with us despite us making a rather big day for them. It just felt like we didnt even matter.

Then to top it off, when i was going to start dinner i told the neighbours kids that play time was over and they left happily and said thank you, i then rang the dr because i didnt have time since i got back and i had to go to the surgery to get an emergency prescription. I was out for 30 mins max.
    Before i left i put sask in her room, marley and casey in their room to play separately.
    I get home to find that Ash had to rescue marley from under her drawers after trying to climb them again, he said she was pinned to the floor, her nose was bleeding from both nostrils, and her arms at the elbow had bad grazes. 30 mins i was gone.
    Luckily (VERY luckily, Casey was on the other side of the room.

It just never stops. Theres ALWAYS something and me and Ash just dont know what to do anymore.
    We feel like crap parents, they dont respect us, they dont listen, they never learn and they dont even want to spend time with us. And casey will inevitably be the same if they dont stop.

Any advice?

Oh honey, I feel your pain! You are not crap parents by a long long stretch. Kids are totally self centered and that's just normal. My only advice is to let them know your feelings were hurt (in an age appropriate way) because that will also teach them how to talk to people when they've let them down. It happens a lot more as they age too (I have 12 year old twins-almost 13 years old!) and I have to be careful bc they are both incredibly empathic so I will just sit them down when everyone is calm and let them know I have hurt feelings. Another way to handle it next time is to set expectations. Exp: "Today is a family day, we want to spend time with you and so for that reason we aren't going to be spending time with anyone else" That way if the neighbors then came over you could say, "sorry kiddos, today is a family day and we've dedicated it to spending time together".

I hope that helps, parenting is soooo freaking hard sometimes!
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Heading off on the last hurrah of summer to the beach! Well, tonight is a get together with some Mom friends I made online when I was pregnant and we've all just still kept in touch. So I'm packing up the car and heading up to visit them and then meeting my family at the Beach on Sunday. I'm feeling good about it. I put myself into maintenance until after the beach vacation because trying to lose weight on vacation is an exercise in failure. I am hoping for a peaceful week with lots of friend and family time. I likely won't be online much so I'll catch up when I get back but I hope you all have a lovely week! Be kind to yourselves!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @bex953172 - you’ve had some great advice already so I just want to add my support. Kids will always push the boundaries - it is no reflection on your parenting. The good news is that as they get older they are more able to actually process what you say to them and retain that information- but it definitely helps if you are calm and consistent and really clear. Hang in there - I promise it gets easier.

I am having a very weird day today. After my monster sleep the night before I slept really badly last night. Some emotional struggles and the scale is messing with my head a bit recently. Lots of fluctuations and I’ve been heading towards a bit of a restrict/binge cycle. So I’m not logging this weekend and trying to just have a bit of a mental re-set while I process some stuff that has been bothering me. Will therefore keep goals minimal...

Friday goals recap:
    - online grocery shop ✅
    - morning run ✅
    - Pick up kids from parents ✅
    - meet N for coffee ✅
    - kids pack for weekend with grandparents ✅
    - laundry ✅
    - sort last cupboard area downstairs ❎
    - agree paint colours with kids✅
    - bed by 10 ❎

Saturday goals:
    - kids up, showers and hair wash by 8 ✅
    - kids with D to grandparents ✅
    - launder and change sheets on kids’ beds ✅
    - amazon shop
    - stay mindful with eating
    - get some rest
    - lay out running kit
    - bed at a reasonable hour

Have a great weekend all xx
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 24 August

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) Due to unplanned cake, I had to swap pasta for courgettes with my evening meal but that's fine. Pre-logging helps me know when to make changes or decide that No really should mean No!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    Ive done well today, didn't post goals but had 5 cups of water, in the green and got lots of cleaning and washing done!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:✅ -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:✅ -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:🤦🏼‍♀️ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:🤦🏼‍♀️ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:✅ -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: 😄 Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: 💪🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m ‘healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    19/08: 164.6
    20/08: 164.2
    21/08: 163.4
    22/08: 163.2
    23/08: 163.0
    24/08: 163.2 Normal fluctuations.
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: 163.2 - 4.2lb
    ==============================

JFT: Sat 24 August[/b]
    • Meditation/Reflection 😂
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟
    • Local shopping 🌟
    • 6000+ steps 🌟
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟 old makeup
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Sun 25 August[/b]
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Visit elder daughter and grandsons
    • 6000+ steps
    • 15+ mins declutter session
    • Work on crochet
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. AM run: Try for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Leave for yoga by 9:15. (Earlier if I have to pick mom up?) Duo. Apply for haunted house.
    3. Groceries! Publish a blog post. Continue bartending course. Practice braiding? Read Trekonomics and update Goodreads.
    4. Laundry - hang clothes. Grade 10 summer essays. Take recycling. McKay's. Large items to dump.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude Journal. Check plns for Caesar.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Sunday
    1. AM run: Try for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Publish a blog post. Continue bartending course. Practice braiding? Read Trekonomics and update Goodreads.
    3. Groceries! Duo. Grade classwork. Write bio for show. Maybe do some coloring.
    4. Week 4 lesson plans. Laundry. Prep saag and freeze. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. PLAN AND LOG ALL FOOD FOR TOMORROW. You have the time to do this. DO IT.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Dinner with Brenda.
    7. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude Journal.Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 4:50.
    8. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Continue bartending course. Sign up for sub for classes and doctor appointments. Check dates of classes and adjust plans. Monday - copy formative checklist.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. WOO. Look at all the things I didn't do. I did nap, though. And that's not nothing.
  • Faebert
    Options
    So sorry for your loss @PackerFanInGB. Sending you love and strength x
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @PackerFaninGB. Please accept my condolences on your loss. Sending you hugs.
  • Faebert
    Options
    Shaken off my funk this morning with a good (but v hot!) run. Yesterday I finished rereading a novel that I love. I grabbed it on the way to hospital on Thursday to read in the waiting room and yesterday I realised how good it was to just lose myself in a book again and that is a great alternative to exercise for a bit of mood enhancing. Need to remember this - and any others like playing the piano - especially when I am on my own and feeling a bit low. Anyway, I’ve had my run, done some good thinking and hoping to continue the rest of the long (bank holiday) weekend in a positive spirit.

Saturday goals recap:
    - kids up, showers and hair wash by 8 ✅
    - kids with D to grandparents ✅
    - launder and change sheets on kids’ beds ✅
    - amazon shop❎
    - stay mindful with eating✅ after I posted this, at any rate 😬
    - get some rest✅
    - lay out running kit✅
    - bed at a reasonable hour✅

Sunday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 7.5 very hot miles!!
    - pack and head to bf’s place (outfit for theatre)
    - stay mindful with eating
    - no added sugar
    - bed at a reasonable hour

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My stepfather passed away this morning. My husband and I traveled all day to get to my mom. Emotionally drained. No goals today but I will post some tomorrow because I think I will need a routine to get me through this week. Love you all. ♥️

@PackerFanInGB My sincerest condolences my sister. I'll say prayers for you and your family😢
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 26 August

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I’m so sorry to read about your stepdad. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @bex953172 - you’ve had the best advice given already. I never particularly liked the ages after they started school. They make friends and their own interests and it seems like you’re just a bank, maid and nurse. I always told myself (sometimes several times a day) this is what it’s supposed to be, my job is to teach them to be functioning members of society and they aren’t mine to keep forever.
    Your girls are close in age so Marley is probably aging mentally faster than normal because she’s wanting to be just like Saskia. They seem like wonderful girls and I bet they have wonderful manners with others and outbin public. Sometimes they forget that they need to have them where they feel safest too.
    You and Ash care so much about how you are parenting that there is no way you are crap at it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @faebert - I’m so sorry your fb was so late, I would have been having an argument too. I can’t abide people that are late I find it rude and selfish they think there time is more important than yours. Of course, I’m talking about the habitual late people not the occasional.

I hope you are feeling better now.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 26 August

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)

Goodnight everybody.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @packerfaninGB I am so very sad to hear of your S father passing. We know everyone is going to die. But we are never prepared emotionally. How wonderful that you were able to see him, love on him, and say good-bye. He felt loved and cherished by your visit. Know I am praying for you and I am praying that communication between you and your mom will not be troubled.