JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Eat packed lunch ✔ wanted some crappy ramen instead but stuvk to my goals and had my falafel!
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Waters ✔
    4. Finish sales orders 👎 back at it on Monday!
    5. QT with DH ✔
    6. Only 2 candies, only after fruit ✔ one candy!
    7. Print hospital tour tickets ✔
    8. Be kind ✔

JFT
    1. Better late than never!
    2. Log all food
    3. Drink another water
    4. Stay positive!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    All this week I have been sick, and as a result, drinking a lot of orange juice, and not really watching what I eat. Today is the first day I am feeling better ... so I go to the store. And Halloween candy is 50-75% off! I buy 2 bags, and I think I have already eaten half of one of the bags. Here I purposedly did not buy any halloween candy to give out, mainly because we never get kids anymore, but also, because I did not want it sitting around.
    A weak moment today, eating without thinking all week, tired, all lead to a bad decision to even buy the stuff.

So tomorrow I have to buckle down, and remember how hard I worked at gettting these pounds off, remember that I have to change my habits, and remember that I am not where I need to be yet. Plus, with the trip to see our son for his wedding reception, I know I will eat more then, so I need to be mindful. So ... I need a big kick in the butt from you guys!!!!

SO JFT, Sunday
    1. MINDFUL EATING
    2. get rid of the candy .. even if it means throwing it away. After all, it only cost me less than $3.00, so going in the trash is better than on my hips!
    3. concentrate on water!!!!!!!
    4. rest. I have been sick all week, and when I am too tired, I make poor decisions when it comes to food
    5. remember, one day does not have to dictate the rest of my week.

Yes get rid of the candy! The weight you've lost recently is worth more than $3.00. I want to see a photo of it in the bin :wink:

And I agree, you should rest and take care of yourself. You'll get better faster if you do. Best wishes for a speedy recovery from here x
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 188.8
    Loss - 2.6

JFT - Saturday Nov 2
    2l of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    15 minutes of exercise - 🙂
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

I kept so busy yesterday. Rodger and I tore the house apart trying to find and plug holes where mice are getting in. I truly hope we found it all, we have an exterminator coming on Tuesday just to be sure.

Today I have to decide if the Grands are going to corn spend the day. I miss them terribly but also have been enjoying my weekends to ourselves. They haven’t been here as much this year as they have been all of their lives.

@mytime6630 - I hope you feel better soon. I agree you should throw the candy if you can’t limit it. I have some chocolate here, but I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate so I have been able to resist it better than Rodger but even then not 100%.

Have a great day everyone

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all. After a good start to last week the tail end saw me take my eye off the ball. Got overwhelmed with work and childcare stuff.

So this weekend I’ve done some good troubleshooting. I’ve also stepped back on the scales after a long while where I didn’t weigh (refurb work meant I put scales away and then just kept forgetting, prob not coincidentally!). Anyway, although I have gained a bit, it’s only a few pounds so I feel quite relieved and motivated.

I’ve been thinking through what hasn’t been working for me. I need to pull back on the running because I keep exacerbating the same injury. I’ve done my second big race of the year so no need to push it. I will focus on circuit training instead so I can work on upper body before my op next month. Food-wise, I need to manage my days better. My summer strategy of running home to get a protein shake at lunchtime on work days is not happening right now as I have too much to do. So I’m going to change up my menus and have stuff planned for the week. That way, I shouldn’t get too hungry and then end up with bad choices in the evening. I’m excited to make this all happen!

Sunday goals:
    - gym workout with N ✅
    - Coffee after gym ✅
    - Grocery shopping ✅
    - Online shopping
    - Finish laundry
    - Get kids prepped for return to school
    - Prep lunch for tomorrow
    - Bed by 9:30

Hope you’re all ok. Have a great end to the weekend xx
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan

5'11"

SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    5'11"
    GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 180.0 (current weight today) 2.6 -- I am UP this morning ... a reminder to throw out that candy!!!!

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack

1. finish digging up and cleaning canna bulbs
    2. bring in hummingbird feeders
    3. get out suitcases for trip to our sons wedding reception
    4. clean house
    5. rest ... almost over this cold, but not quite
    6. THROW OUT THE HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Sooo I've been posting everyday. But I've just been CHATTING to you all, not making goals!!

On another note, do you like our new electric fire?
    hcc7qnll7xjo.jpg

I really feel like it finished the room off!
    All we have to do is do another coat of gloss (hence the tape on the skirting boards) and it's done!!

Oh Bex --- I LOVE THIS!!! We have a woodburning fireplace downstairs and never use it because it is so much work, and this is what I would love to have in our living room. Makes it look so cozzy and warm!! LOVE it!
  • AJB1014
    JFT
    1. Better late than never! ✔
    2. Log all food ✔
    3. Drink another water ✔
    4. Stay positive! ✔

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Make lunches
    3. Put away laundry
    4. DH work laundry
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Shower
    7. Waters
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    edited November 2019
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I started a 3 month weight loss Challenge on Friday 1 Nov, but Halloween over-indulgence in chocolate 🍫 and complacency have had a detrimental effect on my scale progress. I have been much more sensible today, so hoping for a better result tomorrow morning.

[/list]

IS the 3 month challenge on this site?? I need to really work harder ... I also have been into the candy. I did SO well all the way up until this week. Got sick, and have been drinking a lot of orange juice. Today I felt better ... and went to the store. Halloween candy is 50-75% off ... and I made the mistake of buying 2 bags! :'( And not feeling well, I've been eating them! I hate to see what the scale says tomorrow (and I still have candy left!).

So I need to also buckle down. I am less than 3 pounds from being in the "normal" weight range, and I still want to lose 15 after that!
    Love to join that 3 month challenge!

This is the link for the 3 Month Weight Loss Challenge

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10769983/3-month-weight-loss-challenge-pick-your-difficulty-starts-november-4th-ed#latest

@Bex953172 Is it electric.? It looks very swish!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    @Bex953172 I love the coziness of your electric fireplace! I have one also that Tim surprised me with because I miss having a wood burning fireplace like we had at our last house. It just makes such a nice ambience doesn't it? I like the colors and pattern on your walls too!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope everyone had a great weekend! Ours was busier than normal. Yesterday my DH was in his first craft show with the wooden bowls that he makes. He is a wood turner and they are just beautiful. He did pretty well for his first time and for it not being quite the right venue for what he does. It was fun and exhausting. Then last night I didn't sleep well. not sure why...well, maybe I do. I didn't take my nighttime pills, so my brain never shut off. Today we turned our clocks back a hour so I felt like I gained an hour, so that was a good thing today. I ate like crap yesterday...all grab and go junk food. So not very proud of myself for not planning better than that.

Tomorrow is Monday already, so I'm going to finish watching the Packers vs Chargers game, get my stuff prepped for tomorrow, and then head to bed early tonight.

Love to all. xoxoxo

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 185 -3.6
    GW: 183.6 will be a 5 lb loss

Just for Monday:
    • Only eat between the hours of 10:00/10:30a and 6:00/6:30p
    • No sugar/no flour/no dairy
    • Log every bite
    • Be mindful and eat only while sitting down
    • Drink 80+ oz of water
    • Schedule clinic rounding
    • Update workflow handout to present at Tuesday's meeting
    • Complete rest of to-do's that I have been procrastinating on at work
    • Begin working on my self-eval for my annual review. (I cannot tell you how much I hate doing this.)
    • Catch up on Bible study - Losing Weight God's Way
    • Walk dog / Leslie Sansone video / Dance Groove - pick one and do it!
    • 20 minutes of strength training - need to Google for easy strength training start-up activities
    • Set coffeemaker for tomorrow morning. Set alarm for 15 minutes earlier. Set out tomorrow's outfit.
    • Bedtime early, gratitude journal, DO reading, JM podcast. Read. (Still need to find a new book since I finished the last mystery series.) Lights out by 10:00.

WOY 2019: TENACITY -- I will NOT give up!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,773 Member
    Halloween over-indulgence in chocolate 🍫 and complacency have had a detrimental effect on my scale progress. Being much more sensible, so hoping for a better results.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    03/11: CW: 152.3 - 3.7 Still in the wrong direction!!!

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation;; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Sun 03 Nov
    Goals: 🌻
    Activities:
    • vacuum bedrooms --->(Did a wardrobe declutter instead)
    • Visit DED and grandsons 🌻
    JFT: Sun 3 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities
    • 10.30am: Creative Writing
    • 2 pm: Monday Painters 👩‍🎨
  • bookmeister86
    edited November 2019
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Monday 31st Sep
    NAME: Sarah
    SW (this challenge) :174.5
    GW (this challenge): 169.5
    CW: 169.25 -5.25

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday 8th Sep
    NAME: Sarah
    SW (this challenge) :169
    GW (this challenge): 164
    CW: 171.75 +2.75

So I am up since the start of the challenge, but I'm not particularly surprised about this given my week away with the pizza, pasta and gelato. Om. I'm pleased I've only gone up a small amount though and I WILL bring it down soon!

I'm feeling a new sense of optimism after my holiday - think the break did me some good.

What's also making me feel good is that I've made a decision to widen my criteria in my job search. I've been trying to break into a new field, but it's really hard to change career and takes a long time as you just aren't as qualified as people already in the field so you get lots of rejections. It's been really getting me down as I'm desperate to leave my job. So I've decided to apply for:

1) Jobs in my current field in other companies - I might find it's just my company that's the problem and that I actually still like what I do. Other companies do slightly different work, which would bring new challenge
    2) Jobs that are a hybrid between what I currently do and what I want to do - there aren't tons of these but there are some. I found one that I plan to apply for (and that would be quite a serious promotion as well. It's not that likely I'll get it but there's no harm in applying!)

I should get a job much quicker that way. And then, I will hopefully like what I get and want to stay in it for a while. But if not, I'll be in a new job that I will hate less and I will have more energy to apply again for the career change - and more patience to stand the time it takes.

And it's amazing but just that decision to make life easier and get something new quickly feels like it has lifted a massive weight off my shoulders. This is making it easier to do everything else.

Hopefully this optimism will continue!

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green with 300 deficit (exercise calories)
    - No alcohol
    - 4 bottles water
    - Go to gym

- No eating while standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Do 1+ thing in French
    - Sort out emails (job/ other)
    - Sort out finances
    - Plan job application strategy
    - Start a job application
    - Fill out health form
    - Ring mum
    - Talk to upstairs neighbours about water leak(!)
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11pm

Update on goals for 2019:
    - Logging - 7/7 days logged
    - Staying within maintenance - 1/1 week done
    - Staying within alcohol limits - 0/1 week done
    - Quality time boyfriend - 1/1 week done
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    JFT Monday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Walk dog
    - Exercise?

The biggest lie I tell myself is: I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it LOL
  • bookmeister86
    I just listened to a really good Half Size Me podcast (no. 403) about holiday eating and how to combat it - starting with Halloween and going up to New Year.

I think lots of you would find it beneficial! @mytime6630 it made me think of you, quite a few of the things she mentioned on it were things you've said on here.

It made me think about what I can do differently this year. I don't really do Halloween, but December is always a problem for me as there are lots of social events and treats in the office. This year, I refuse to gain weight in December!

I recommend the podcast to everyone!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Review and print Machiavelli notes. Pull up Machiavelli documentary.
    3. Class 1: Malala ch 5-6; NoRedInk.
    4. Class 2-3: Machiavelli Day 2 (documentary), NoRedInk / challenge book.
    5. Planning: Call parents if students have not returned PRs. Work on open enrollment. Work on Malala plans. What assessments for Machiavelli?
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting? Meeting 4:30. Dinner: ?? Grade poetry projects at game. OPEN ENROLLMENT.
    8. Read 20 pages of Rage. Update Goodreads. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese and saag.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 192.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. My head aches and my tummy is bleugh. :( I haven't been exercising because my back hurts. I've got what I need to lift this afternoon but I'm not sure if I'm going to. We'll see. And then there's stuff going on tonight so I won't get a run in either.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    5lb Challenge
    Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 190.2
    Loss - 1

JFT - Sunday Nov 3
    2l of water - 👿 1.5
    Log all food - 🙂 Yes but it was about double of what it should have been
    15 minutes of exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Monday Nov 4
    2L of water
    Log all food
    15 minutes of exercise
    Gratitude journal

I overate so much yesterday. I was hungry and craving all the high carb, high fat stuff I could find. I made a big breakfast, had homemade burgers and fries for supper and then had cheese melted in tostitos in the evening. I also ate 3 or 4 of the little chocolate bars leftover from Halloween. My weight is up today because of it.

@bokmeister86 - I’m so happy to read that you have reached a decision about your job hunt. Have you given notice at your job yet? I still don’t understand why you have to give three months that seems so unreasonable to me.

@packerfaninGB - I bet Tim’s bowls are beautiful, I have some that my Dad made for me and I love them.

I am up way too early and I hate having free time before going to work it makes me sleepy and I want to go back to bed. I usually wake up, get ready and leave the house all within about 20 minutes. I don’t usually eat breakfast I just make a coffee.

Today is payroll day so I am going to just head in early I think.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member
    Had a pretty good weekend, my DIY repairs went well on Saturday, and I babysat on Sunday.

JFT Monday 4th November

Back exercises, at least 2 sets
    Neck exercises
    Gratitude
    Do not buy chocolate
    Get winter duvet down from loft
    Stick down rug, again, first attempt didn't work
    Sort paperwork

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 4/11 179 -2lbs

Must try harder, have been stuck on 2lbs off for ages.
  • AJB1014
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Make lunches ✔
    3. Put away laundry ✔
    4. DH work laundry ✔
    5. Cook dinner at home ✔
    6. Shower ✔
    7. Waters ✔

JFT
    1. Log all food