JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    Had to tell Marley that santas elves are coming to pick them all later to wrap and bring on xmas day! She keeps asking to play with them!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Recap W 11/20 ~ Due to horrible eating/sleeping T night, changed alarm & didn't walk on treadmill before work as planned. Busy week & hard to fit in other times. Mad at myself. Maybe some kind of workout tonight?
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 16,507 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 47 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO evening snacking / net calories zero / 14c water = Net cals -87 :neutral: sodium -1,397 >:) sugar -29, fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    3) Continue to clear Inbox backlog :smiley: current backlog gone, next is outdated stuff / Cognos training online :) & arranged for hands-on with IT
    4) Evening: winter market (remember cash at lunch time) :) / pick up forgotten item at Woodman's or Sam's :) a pain but done / wash pants/jeans :) / make apple crisp / wash dishes / other? decided to take advantage of mild temps around 40(F) / snow/ice on roads now melted and walked dog 3.06 mi 55:21... dog wore her blaze orange vest w/ reflectors & we both wore our LED gear = dog so happy (me too) :smiley: / charged headlamp & LED dog collar after :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :s / retainers :s / BED & TV OFF 10:20 :smiley: by 10 (treadmill workout R before work)

JFT R 11/21
    1) X-trained (circuit/weights) before work = happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Chapter emails / prep for board meeting / prep PA-F folders / reduce Inbox backlog / review more for Cognos / maybe start GA-PT review
    5) Evening: NO choir / make turkey ole / wash dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / BED & TV OFF 10:20 (leave 7:20 F for downtown meeting)

Tomorrow will be a challenge: have a prof assoc board meeting downtown 0800 - 1200 with "light" breakfast and "informal" lunch after. I don't plan on workout before since I have to leave earlier than normal to get there + find parking + check in at building security. I will eat breakfast at home for a solid base (my usual winter meal of oatmeal, raisins & milk) plus take my water bottle along. Plan to skip the light breakfast (may eat fruit if available) and may or may not stay for lunch, depending on timing and what/where it is. I won't get my normal move hourly or stairs breaks in a.m. but hopeful to reach at least 5000 steps for the day. In evening, have to make sure I'm all prepped for Sat. morning holiday parade ~ I've volunteered in the staging area 25+ years, and have decided this is my last year.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Water ✔
    3. Eat packed lunch ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home ✔
    5. Empty/fill dishwasher ✔
    6. One load of laundry ✔
    7. Atleast 2 daily essentials; stretch at work ✔
    8. Bed by 9, lights out by 930 ✔
    9. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, quote mushroom cupcakes, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital, DH's car to mechanic (remind him to call)

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. WATERS! - late start, drink more today I've been really thirsty at night and then up all night using the bathroom!
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home - fish/veg/rice
    5. Fill/Run dishwasher
    6. One load of laundry
    7. At least two daily essentials PLUS stretch at work
    8. Bed by 9, lights out by 10
    9. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thursday 21 November

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy scale trend - eat below maintenance. :)

Off to the shops today for fruit and veg plus batteries for the food and “human” scales. The scales not being cooperative and gives varying weights. It’s a beautiful day, there’s a lovely golden light and the sea is blue and calm. I’ll take the camera with me and might stop to take photos.

No photos and it was cold!

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT FRIDAY!
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Gym
    4. Healthy dinner
    5. Journal
  • ZizzyBumble
    Friday 21 November

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to Happy scale trend - stay below maintenance
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans. PUT MAKEUP BAG IN SCHOOL BAG. TAKE LAYERS.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions. Get cart. Print Villain Narrative rubric for N.
    3. Class 1: Grammar unit 3 practice. Finish book. Begin project.
    4. Class 2-3: Grammar unit 3 practice. Make up presentations. Chapter 4. Project introduction? Check Goodreads updates.
    5. Planning: CALL PARENTS. Read 20 pages of Stamped. Update Goodreads. Put ALL grades in PS. Email parent.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Input grades? Dinner: Ham roll-ups. Head to garden.
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Tuesday 11/26 writer meeting. Wed 12/5 dept meeting 7 AM. Thu 12/6 workshop; need sub plans. Bring water flavors, gum, and makeup bag to school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 196.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Sun Dec 8 1:15. Amen Corner Thu Dec 19 5:45. EGL Fri-Sat 3:30.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 944 Member
    JFT Thursday 21st Nov

Back exercises yes
    Drink enough almost
    Do not buy chocolate none bought, and the only reason I didn't buy was because I'd written it on here, I really wanted to buy some for the weekend!
    Gratitude yes
    Lift the big bag yes
    Check electrical forms for work, now urgent yes
    Pack and load car for work tomorrow, urgent yes, very last minute, but done
    Walk walked into town to arrange some stuff for parents, it's was very cold

JFT Friday 22nd Nov

Don't procrastinate, get on with the work
    Only eat the food I'm carrying with me today, don't buy extra
    Walk if there's time

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 5

NAME Ellie
    SW 180
    GW 175
    CW 22/11 179 -1lb
  • Bex953172
    @aubyshortcake I'm glad you popped in to say hello! But I'm so sorry about your uncle! I really think it was lovely to make that journey for your family!
    Just try get as much work as you can without over doing it! I think I'd be emotionally and physically drained from all the traveling and the funeral

Hugs x
  • Bex953172
    @PackerFanInGB have you seen the film Pitch Perfect 2?
    Did you know it has the Green Bay Packers in as an accapella group for a riff off lmao!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited November 2019
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Did you know it has the Green Bay Packers in as an accapella group for a riff off lmao!!

I DID see it! I watched it specifically to see Clay Matthews! I always call him "my boyfriend" when I talk about him to my husband... Hahah! He's not with the Packers this year so I am bummed! (He's pretty hot....)
    Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA a bit. My sister was down visiting from Canada with my niece, nephew and brother in law. It was really nice to see them and we had a great time!

On Friday my uncle passed away while my sister was still here, so my sister, my dad and I flew to NY Monday night for the funeral on Tuesday then I got back to FL Wednesday morning. It was hard to swing it but I could tell it meant a lot to my family that we made the effort to be with them.

This is a rough week, I'm very behind at work now and more exhausted than I can ever remember.. I'm sure some of it is emotionally related though.

I won't be posting goals today but just wanted to check in, say hello and wish everyone a happy Friday. 💖💖

I'm sorry about your uncle. I'm sure it meant a lot to your family you were there! Glad you popped in and I hope you take the time to TAKE CARE OF YOU!
  • ZizzyBumble
    @aubyshortcake I’m sorry to hear about you uncle, I am sure you family appreciated you making the journey. I hope you can get some time for yourself alongside catching up with work.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Friday 21 November

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg >:) lots of melon and an apple.
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy scale trend - stay below maintenance :)

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I DID see it! I watched it specifically to see Clay Matthews! I always call him "my boyfriend" when I talk about him to my husband... Hahah! He's not with the Packers this year so I am bummed! (He's pretty hot....)

Lmao! I had to rewind it and listen again when it said the "Green Bay packers!" I was like surely that's not the team you support!

Then they sing bootylicious lmao

"I don't think you're ready for this jelly!"
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,189 Member
    edited November 2019
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan

5'11"

SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)

5'11"

GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5 -- Starting Date Monday, November 11

5'11"

SW :183.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    GW for this challenge: 178.6
    CW: 179.0 (current weight today) -4.6

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack

Plus, for the rest of today:

Finish the advent calendar I am working on!! Need to finish this by tuesday to send to my niece!YIKES!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,189 Member
    I am So far behind again on all the posts ... been really busy with work, plus just finish sewing 55 hats for the cancer center. I started a advent calendar for my niece .. she asked me LAST year if I would make her one. I told her I may not have it finished this year because we have been so busy, but now I am scrambling to get it finished to surprise her.

So all this week, I have been burning the midnight oil to get the ornaments and pockets made ... this weekend hope to get it all put together!
  • Bex953172
    Okay guys so I'm really struggling for xmas. All the kids are sorted, we know what we're getting our parents etc.
    And me and ash are going shopping for our presents together so he just picks what he wants and I pick what I want.
    Except. I don't know what I want?
    With the weather change I always feel a bit lower than I do in the summer months and it's like.. I almost feel like I don't want anything but then I would be upset of I didn't actually get anything.

Something I DO want right now is a haircut but surely, that shouldn't be out of xmas money? That's something that needs doing as like bodily maintanence lol just like Ash gets his cut every month. It costs about 40 quid to get it done (but I did want colour but not sure how much that is) but anyway I don't really want to get that for Xmas when it's just gonna grow out again?

So I want *something* but what?

All I want from the kids is one of them GIANT Toblerones (and no I am NOT logging it lmao)
    But as for anything else it's all a bit.. meh.
    I have about 50-60 quid to spend on myself and I just can't find anything that I want OR need.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. WATERS! - late start, drink more today I've been really thirsty at night and then up all night using the bathroom! ✔ mich better sleep!
    3. Eat packed lunch ✔
    4. Cook dinner at home - fish/veg/rice ✔
    5. Fill/Run dishwasher ✔
    6. One load of laundry ✔
    7. At least two daily essentials PLUS stretch at work ✔
    8. Bed by 9, lights out by 10 ✔
    9. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, pick paint colors, order bear rug, order diaper cake centerpieces, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital.

JFT
    1. Better late than never!
    2. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, pick paint colors, pay oil budget bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital.