JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    @maryrobinson40 You look stunning!! You are a really beautiful woman--I sure hope you know that! xoxo
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    @maryrobinson40 You look stunning!! You are a really beautiful woman--I sure hope you know that! xoxo

Isn't she just! I love her eyeshadow too!!
  • nini9983
    nini9983 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hi all,
    I hope your Monday was good!
    I am in Australia, so we are a bit ahead of you in terms of time.
    For my JFT, I want to do one Daily Burn workout this afternoon.
    It is scary to say this because as much as my intention might be good to exercise, I usually find some kind of excuse!
    I would also like to fast for at least 12 hours after dinner tonight.
    Have a good day :-) xx
    Nini
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    edited November 2019
    @aubyshortcake Condolences on your loss, Hun. (((Hugs)))
    @maryrobison40 Love your photo. Looking good.
    @Bex953172 Good choices. And I understand liking the daft games. I play a few myself. 😂

Thanks for the well wishes. I have reconciled myself with the situation. It was just a bit of shock to lose 2 friends on the one day.

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    26/11: CW: 150,1: - 0.7 This is normal daily fluctuations for me. Each time it bounces down, it goes a little lower. Man, it's hard to shift those last few lbs!!!

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session
    JFT: Mon 25 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • Am: work on group accounts/hall rents for Thurs✅
    • Prep for afternoon group✅
    • After lunch: Monday Painters ✅
    JFT: Tue 26 Nov
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10.30am: Craft Group
    • 2.30pm: Hairderessing appointment
    Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    Stay under goal until Thanksgiving
    Days Under: 22/22

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ken_Roper wrote: »
    Hey, how is everyone? I'm battling weight issues. I have dropped almost 40 pounds, have another 60 to go. Seem to have hit a plateau. Hate that and it's very discouraging. Think this group might be helpful to keep me focused and on track. I'm also using a gym 3-5 days a week as well as dieting (keeping calories in the 1200-1500 range most days). Tips would be helpful. I'm older (67) and have some arthritis and joint issues, so impact exercising is out of the question.

Welcome Ken. You should be very proud for losing 40 pounds. Sometimes I think our bodies need to adjust to a new weight and I am learning that is ok. I am 68 and I am learning not to focus on the scale numbers. We have to learn to maintain so if you are at a plateau maybe that is good because you are still learning to eat and maintain that 40 pound loss. Stay focused.. you are doing great,
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay guys so I'm really struggling for xmas. All the kids are sorted, we know what we're getting our parents etc.
    And me and ash are going shopping for our presents together so he just picks what he wants and I pick what I want.
    Except. I don't know what I want?
    With the weather change I always feel a bit lower than I do in the summer months and it's like.. I almost feel like I don't want anything but then I would be upset of I didn't actually get anything.

Something I DO want right now is a haircut but surely, that shouldn't be out of xmas money? That's something that needs doing as like bodily maintanence lol just like Ash gets his cut every month. It costs about 40 quid to get it done (but I did want colour but not sure how much that is) but anyway I don't really want to get that for Xmas when it's just gonna grow out again?

So I want *something* but what?

All I want from the kids is one of them GIANT Toblerones (and no I am NOT logging it lmao)
    But as for anything else it's all a bit.. meh.
    I have about 50-60 quid to spend on myself and I just can't find anything that I want OR need.

I am really late catching up on all the posts!, Bex,,,, did you figure out yet what you might want for Xmas. Gee... I always think of things I want LOL,, not a problem for me ha. Anyhow is there something special you want and just won’t get for yourself? Or maybe just a special night out? I know when you have little ones that everything goes to them but I hope you think of something just for you that you would love.. you so deserve something special.
  • mytime6630
    The grim reaper harvested a couple of my friends today. Roger had been suffering from inoperable oesophageal cancer. He was,in his 80s, the widower of an old friend of mine who passed away a number of years ago. Tony had dietary and heart problems. He had been in and out of hospital recently with respiratory difficulties. He was in his early 70s, and was married to another of my friends. You never know the minute. Praying for strength for their families in the weeks ahead.

[

Terri I am so sorry for all your losses. Losing someone we love is so hard especially this time of year. And to lose 2 so close together. Hugs and prayers
  • mytime6630
    mpqe7svtcki5.jpeg

Beautiful Mary!! We all know what a beautiful person you are on the inside, you are just as beautiful on the outside. You just glow
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the Xmas ideas!
    @snowflake1968 ash does normally surprise me tbh, I think the year before last he bought a tablet. But I accepted the package lmao and opened it, he faked from November to Xmas day that it was for Saskia, we even set it all up together full of kids games lmao!
    Anyway he factory reset it and wrapped it for me, I was so confused on the day lmao!!

But I've decided on
    A 3 month membership for a game I like to access more content (from this you can use gold you make in the game to continue a membership) it's all pretty lame lmao but I love the game lol!

A calendar (there's one I've seen that has funny "mum" memes lol)
    A mini cocktail set
    Some clothes
    And a bottle of babycham

Oh and the big toblerone lmao!

Guess I am late with posts. Glad you found things you want bex! You are so ahead of me,,,,, I still have Halloween decorations out,,
  • Fattysguide
    Fattysguide Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2019
    Looking near the end of 2019 one month into my fitness journey, Stumbled across this group today and I have to say I love the idea so here goes nothing, my goals for the remaining months of 2019:
    -Down to 270lbs Currently 284lbs
    -Keep up my 5 days a week of excessive.
    -Start a more cardio focused routine to work towards a 5k foam run this summer.
    -Produce original and quality posts on my website www.fattysguide.com
    -Use my social media platforms as a positive space for people to goto for motivation!
    I am looking forward to getting to know you guys LETS FINISH 2019 STRONG
  • mytime6630
    I have been MIA .. working hard to finish a advent calendar for my niece, which I finished today. 3 long days of sewing ... and today I am tired, but glad it is finished.

so ... what am I doing all day long ... grazing, eating everything in site! I started last nite, and bought myself not only a candy bar, but a ice cream snickers.Then today ... went through mcdonalds drive thru and got myself a ice cream cone.

these months start every year for me. My brother committed suicide on thanksgiving day. My father passed away on Christmas Eve. Another brother passed away on Jan 3, and another brother on Feb 2. So every year ... I struggle with not only depression, but not caring, and eating as if, who cares.

I lost 27 pounds this year, and I don't want to regain 15-20, which I typically do every year. So tonite, even though I think I ate way too many peanuts and crackers (because that is all that I had hear to snack on), I am on here to stop this now.

SO tomorrow... remember, eating will not erase any pain I feel over the holidays.
    1. log all my food
    2. remember, food is not the answer
    3. if tired ... rest. Do not eat
    4. go to the gym ...start the day right
    5. get out my thankful journal
    6. start another sewing project .. maybe some christmas towels.
    7. get on here .. be accountable. do not throw in the towel and give up and eat.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited November 2019
    @mytime6630 I can see why this is a sad and challenging time of year for you. Hugs. Would cleaning your teeth/using a mouthwash after main meals help prevent snacking (I find that food and drink rarely taste nice on top of toothpaste!). You could also try pre-logging snacks to see if the delay was enough time for you to reconsider. Are there low calorie snacks you enjoy or non food items you could treat yourself to? You’ve worked hard on your weight loss and you do care. You can do this for yourself, you also need to be kind to yourself and, if self care for you is some extra food treats, accept that there may be a small weight gain and plan some treats around that.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Tuesday 26 November

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Attend to Happy scale trend - be below maintenance
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Drink 150oz water👍
    3. Workout at home 👍
    4. Meditate 👍
    5. Journal 👎

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
  • CariOnlyBetter
    CariOnlyBetter Posts: 27 Member
    Today is my Day 1 here.

Today I’d like to eat on plan with NO slips! I can’t seem to string a few days together doing that....so that’s my first goal.

One step at a time.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Thank you Terri and Mary, also..Mary 😍😍 yowza you're looking beautiful!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Text B about visit. Email student. Message Z.
    3. Type blog post.
    4. Go on a walk with dad.
    5. Head to writing group; take critiques.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Input grades? Dinner: Ham roll-ups.
    8. Prelog all food for tomorrow. Set up JFT.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Tuesday 11/26 writer meeting. Wed 12/5 dept meeting 7 AM. Thu 12/6 workshop; need sub plans. Bring water flavors, gum, and makeup bag to school.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 198.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Sun Dec 8 1:15. Amen Corner Thu Dec 19 5:45. EGL Fri-Sat 3:30.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    @aubyshortcake , @TerriRichardson112 and @maryrobinson40 you and your families have all been in my thoughts! Hugs!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    @maryrobinson40 YOU LOOK STUNNING! You are fabulous at makeup might I add!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap M 11/25
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,173 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 34 floors :)
    2) Meals prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Evening was bit of a fail... overtired, not a filling supper & emotional snacking after supper. Net cals -481 :( , sodium -1,742 >:) , sugar -25 :( , fiber & protein excellent, 12c water
    3) PA-RM progress :) / reduce Inbox some more :) / review GA-GC Cognos report no time / review minutes from F meeting :)
    4) Evening: walk dog weather not nice & I decided to rest my sore right leg instead of pressing on / wash white load :) / wash dishes too tired / other? put stuff in family room away :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :D see "bed" notes / FLOSS :s / RETAINERS :s / bed & tv off 10:20 :mrgreen: I was so exhausted I went to bed w/ dryer still running, fell immediately asleep & it wasn't even 9 p.m. Guess I really needed the rest.

JFT T 11/26 ~ Leg feeling much better this morning but decided no dog walk or treadmill before work. Slept a bit then washed some dirty dishes before work instead.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals (leftovers) & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) More progress PA-RM (almost finished) / review GA-GC Cognos report / IT hands-on meeting 1:30
    4) Evening: walk dog if weather permits / wash towels (start as soon as get home) / finish washing dishes / fold & put away all laundry upstairs / other?

My right leg (behind knee) has been very sore since Sunday night... may be tendonitis from standing/walking on concrete 4 hours Sat. while staging holiday parade plus dog walks Sat. & Sunday? After staging this parade for 27 years, my body doesn't bounce back like it used to. I notice this more the older I get. hahaha