JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,264 Member
    @Faebert I remember those days of recovery from surgery and not being able to do what I thought I could do. It sucks, but it's temporary. You've got this and will be back in no time. I hope your little one wakes up feeling better.

Work is like a ghost town today and I am out of vacation so I am here. My of my what a boring day I have ahead of me.

Party time at my house tonight. V is having 6 girls over for their annual Christmas sleep over. I like that they want to do it at my house. I always wanted to have that home where everyone felt welcomed and loved, and it keeps me in touch with my daughter and let me get to know her friends. Nothing fancy, not really doing any major cleaning. They all know there is toothpaste in my sink and the laundry is piled up. Looks like a taco bar for dinner which can cover the vegetarians and the omnivores, then some sugar cookie decorating. After that they are on their own downstairs. Dogs are even getting a sleepover at my SIL so as to make the festivities a little easier.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve the traditional day I spent with my family. My family is down to just my mother and she is bitter and has cancelled Christmas. I bought her a gas stove for the basement and Tim installed it last week, but I can't call it a Christmas gift. We will drop off a few homemade goodies tomorrow and I've told her no gifts are needed unless she wants to make us something. This is the first year, that I feel no guilt over her choice to be miserable. It is the first year since my mamaw (20+ years ago) died that there has been joy in Christmas for me. Like in many other families, when the matriarch of the family passes the family was shattered into factions and the times of joyful celebrating became a memory. The life I have made for myself and the love that fills my family would make her proud and very happy.

If I'm not on again until after Christmas, I wish you all a blessed time with family and friends, or a peaceful time spent with yourself. Holidays can be rough so take care of you for me. You are all part of my extended family. Love you!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited December 2019
    @Faebert I remember the frustration after surgery. It will pass, and you will be back on track.

Not much time for internet at the moment, but keeping track off-line.

Hang in there, kiddos! T'is the season...... and all that 😂 😂 😂

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8; #4: -2
    MAINTENANCE IN DECEMBER
    NAME:
    Terri
    GW: Stay Under 150
    23/12: CW: 149.6 👀
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT: Sun 22 Dec
    Goals: 🎄
    Activities:
    • Visit DED and grands🎄Celebrating DGDs 25th birthday
    • Finish Sort/Clear away card materials 🎄🎄🎄
    • Sort out Christmas tree lights/decorations 🎄
    • Prep for family visit (ongoing)🎄
    JFT: Mon 23 Dec
    Goals: 🎄
    Activities:
    • Last minute shopping 🎄
    • Prep food for Christmas Day 🎄
    • Put up Christmas tree lights/decorations 🎄
    • Prep for family visit (ongoing)🎄

JFT: Tue 24 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • Local shops for milk/bread
    • finish food prep for Christmas Day
    • Manicure
    • Prep for family visit (ongoing)

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    (I'm extending this Personal Challenge)
    Stay under calorie goal until Christmas Eve (50 days)
    Days Under: 48/50
    I'm pleased that I stuck with this. It will make it easier to stay on track on the next 3 days of entertaining.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday

1. Visit parents sometime? Maybe?
    2. Fold laundry and put away.
    3. Mail the phone bill.
    4. Run. Aim for 4 miles.
    5. Call B - dinner?
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Just popping on to wish you all a peaceful and happy Christmas.

I've been kept busy with family members getting sick, one after the other. I'm doing my best to avoid catching their germs! Also managing to avoid the foods which usually cause xmas weight gain...no cake, mince pies or chocs. Funnily enough I don't feel like eating them this year. Planning to move house next spring, and I want to be fitter to cope with it.

@Faebert, I'm so glad you're back with your children for Christmas, even if you are finding it hard to do nothing! You seem to be coping well. I hope your daughter is better today.

@TerriRichardson112 , you have done amazingly well on your challenge :)

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan

5'11"

SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)

5'11"

GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1 -- I am UP this morning, and I know its because of too much orange juice, and just not caring what I eat ... trying to get over this awful cold.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5 -- Starting Date Monday, November 11

5'11"

SW :183.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    GW for this challenge: 178.6
    CW: 179.0 (current weight today) -- just trying not to gain too much during this holiday season, but it is hard.

Got back from our sons, and it is always hard again when we have to leave. Our Christmas will be a quiet one with my hubby and our daughter, but I am so very thankful for all of our health. My husbands psa numbers are very high, so in january we have to have that checked out, and hope it is not cancer. Its one day at a time in everything.

I hope you all have a very blessed and happy christmas!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    I wanted to stop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I miss you all and am hoping to get back into my routines soon.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Also jumping on to wish everyone a very happy Christmas! Thank you all for the support and friendship over the year. I wish you all a blessed and peaceful time with your families over the next few days and am thinking of those who find this time of year difficult. X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a lovely day with your respective families. I'll be back in the new year. Xx
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Merry Christmas
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Today we’re going to my parents’ house for lunch and taking the recyclables to the recycling center and dropping a book off at the library. I’m going to try to get the rest of the laundry folded and put away, go on a long run - can I make five miles?! Let’s find out! - and write a blog post.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and has stayed healthy and comfortable. Wash your hands and drink plenty of clear liquids! :)
  • pridesabtch
    It's here!!!
    7tttmzp7hh1n.jpg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Ooh @pridesabtch I’m so jealous! Would love a peloton but have neither the space nor the cash to justify it unfortunately. Your plan sounds great and I’m sure you will be crushing your goals in no time.

I had a lovely Christmas with the family. I’m healing well and have been feeling pretty good but actually indulgence over the past two days has left me feeling not so good. I’m looking forward to getting back on track.

On that note, see you all tomorrow! X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    @Faebert I remember those days of recovery from surgery and not being able to do what I thought I could do. It sucks, but it's temporary. You've got this and will be back in no time. I hope your little one wakes up feeling better.

Work is like a ghost town today and I am out of vacation so I am here. My of my what a boring day I have ahead of me.

Party time at my house tonight. V is having 6 girls over for their annual Christmas sleep over. I like that they want to do it at my house. I always wanted to have that home where everyone felt welcomed and loved, and it keeps me in touch with my daughter and let me get to know her friends. Nothing fancy, not really doing any major cleaning. They all know there is toothpaste in my sink and the laundry is piled up. Looks like a taco bar for dinner which can cover the vegetarians and the omnivores, then some sugar cookie decorating. After that they are on their own downstairs. Dogs are even getting a sleepover at my SIL so as to make the festivities a little easier.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve the traditional day I spent with my family. My family is down to just my mother and she is bitter and has cancelled Christmas. I bought her a gas stove for the basement and Tim installed it last week, but I can't call it a Christmas gift. We will drop off a few homemade goodies tomorrow and I've told her no gifts are needed unless she wants to make us something. This is the first year, that I feel no guilt over her choice to be miserable. It is the first year since my mamaw (20+ years ago) died that there has been joy in Christmas for me. Like in many other families, when the matriarch of the family passes the family was shattered into factions and the times of joyful celebrating became a memory. The life I have made for myself and the love that fills my family would make her proud and very happy.

If I'm not on again until after Christmas, I wish you all a blessed time with family and friends, or a peaceful time spent with yourself. Holidays can be rough so take care of you for me. You are all part of my extended family. Love you!
    @pridesabtch
    I don't know you, but just from reading this post I can relate and I can honestly say I love you. Thank you for sharing. Hugs and hopes for a wonderful New Year.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Love To Everyone And Happy New Year.
    Thanks For All The Christmas Love and Hugs!
    Still recovering, but I'm okay.
    Peace, Love, and Joy to ALL!🤗🙏
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited December 2019
    @pridesabtch I can relate to making your own traditions when the family matriarch passes. My DMiL set the standard, but didn’t have daughters to carry them on. We DiLs took over when she got past being able to continue, so there has been continuity in our family. We lost DMiL in 2013, aged 95. We all add our own take, but it’s that family feeling which is important.

You are giving that feeling to your children. 💕💖💕

MAINTENANCE IN DECEMBER
    NAME:
    Terri
    27/12: CW: 151.6 👀
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

MIA as we had family staying. They left last night. Back at it today
    JFT Fri 27 Dec
    • MAD (Massive Action Day)
    • Clean up after having visitors
    • Walk (weather permitting)
    • Work on goals for 2020
    • Laundry

• pridesabtch
    edited December 2019
    First workout on the Peloton this morning. I decided to put pride aside and try a beginner class. I wouldn't say it was hard, but it did have challenges. The hardest part was not quitting. In the moment I felt inadequate though I was doing everything at the upper limits of the parameters given. My mind just wanted to give up, but I pushed through. I mean seriously I once rode 210 miles in 2 days, I can do a 20 minute class. I feel good about what I did, and may even do another beginner class later today to get at least 40 minutes in today. We'll see how I feel later, I'm still struggling with energy issues.

I know my weight has still been going up, but I'm not going to weigh until 1/1/20 and call it a fresh start.

Though mom cancelled Christmas, I did talk her into coming over for lunch tomorrow. It's been over a year since she has been to my house. That is on me as I don't invite her often, but also on her because she tends to turn me down when I do. Making homemade chicken noodle soup for her. It's really more of a stew as it is thick and hearty. I haven't made noodles in a while, and they are totally not within any calorie limits I might set, but they are really good and she likes them. Sierra is going to make a pie and we'll probably just have salad with the soup. Wish me luck with mom!

Back to goal setting...

- Workout before work :smiley:
    - Work on time :smiley:
    - Drink at least 20 oz of water for every 20 oz of soda I drink
    - Protein bar for breakfast
    - Log EVERYTHING even diet soda
    - Lunch: Chicken Breast with salad
    - Try to stay at work until 4:30 (OMG I haven't done this in forever)
    - Maybe ride or go for a walk after work. It is unseasonably warm here
    - Dinner: Pork roast with asparagus
    - Laundry
    - 8000 steps
  • TerriRichardson112
    Back to life! Back to reality! 😂 😂 😂

MAINTENANCE IN DECEMBER
    NAME:
    Terri
    27/12: CW: 151.6 👀
    Daily Goals

JFT Fri 27 Dec
    🔹Goals 😇
    🔹Activities
    • MAD (Massive Action Day) 😏
    • Clean up after having visitors ✅
    • Walk (weather permitting) 💨☔️
    • Work on goals for 2020 🤓
    • Laundry ✅
    JFT Sat 28 Dec
    🔹Goals
    🔹Activities
    • Local shopping
    • Crochet
    • Power Walk
    • Work on goals for 2020
    • Chores

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 28 December

I’ve had a lovely Christmas with my parents. Given my mum’s health, it was emotionally tough at times but we have all made good memories.

Stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a week or so and I’m above my maintenance range- I’ll be setting food and exercise goals in the new year!

Best wishes to you all. @pridesabtch I hope lunch with your mum is a success.