WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

1848586878890»

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    Kayla: UK still have most programmes transmitted via TV masts, and every household pays a licence fee to BBC, the British Broadcasting Corporation, (a Government body). Satellite and cable are private companies.
  • Graceandmiracles
    Graceandmiracles Posts: 22 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Because of the cat I was up too early and feel poopy. I must be cautious and stay on guard or I’ll overeat. Just finished cup of water and cup of organic yogurt and a serving of baby carrots and more sweetened iced coffee than normal. Did get workout done. 817 calories remaining. I’ve been at 1000 calories plus exercise so about 1200 and having trouble losing. I’m 5 foot two, 123.8lbs, with small frame and it’s just too hard for me to lose weight above 900 calories. Charts say I should be 107-140. I’d like to be 115-118 but not sure that’s realistic. Thoughts?

Grace - hope your kitty settles down! Glad your DH is coming around with the move. Great ideas about finding him something to remodel at your next place. B)

Regarding your weight, I can't recall if you mentioned your age or if you are thru menopause. Several of us in our mid to upper 60's and above are having problems with osteopenia & osteoporosis and have decided it's OK to be at the upper range of the suggested BMI or perhaps a few more pounds over.

Body fat produces estrogen which protects our bones. Plus gives us a reserve if we become ill and cannot eat for a few days or need to be hospitalized. Of course, there are medications which can protect bones that some of us still must take.

I'm satisfied at 160 now vs. 145, which was my goal of 30 years ago. I'm one of the lucky tall ones, was 5' 9", now shrunken to 5' 8 1/2". Seven years ago, I weighed 180 and there was a period in my life I was nearly 200, so letting go of the 145 lb goal has been quite freeing.

Bottom line, your current BMI is around 22.7, and there's nothing wrong with that. But you are the best judge if you are comfortable there or if you have some extra few pounds are in the "wrong places". B)

The gals here in this group got me started on weight lifting which has really helped me tone up and increase my metabolism.

Hope this helps.

Lanette
    SW WA State

Thank you Lanette! I am 51 and done menopause(recent labs say post menopause). My highest weight was 197 9 years ago.
    I’ve been obese since I was an infant until 2010 when I got serious and changed my eating. I’m thrilled at this weight technically however I store an extra five in my stomach and it looks awful. But if I have to live with it I will. I’d like to be 115 but not sure that is realistic so my next would be 118-120.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Hi sorry I’ve been missing. I’ve been dealing with family issues, nothing to worry about, just trying to give mum more support. We’ve also been decluttering her bedroom, think I’ve mentioned before I know now where I got my hoarding gene ;) . Sorting through her many many many skirts, there was a small sized one (mum is rather on the larger size) I asked if that should be put in the charity bag, but she said “No I used to be able to fit into that and I like to look at it and remember how thin I was” I did manage to get her to give some of her skirts to charity, but that made me laugh.

We’ve had a few days of snow, the temperature has been a low -10 degrees (well very low for us lol) today though it is a beautiful sunny day and quite mild. Most of the snow has melted, but it’s quite muddy now on the dog walk. In fact I slipped yesterday and I couldn’t get up! I know I was laughing but I was flat on my back in the mud and it took such an effort to get up, I’ve lost all flexibility and had to roll over onto my knees, then it still took me a while. How did this happen, when did I become an old woman? :o

Even though I don’t reply to individuals often, I do appreciate you all being here, I love seeing all your photo’s of holidays, children and dogs. Everyone is always ready to give advice and the occasional boot when needed :D

I am trying to limit my time on the computer, and I am so behind, I'm up to P87 and I think we are now in the 90s but I'll do my best to catch up.

Viv from mild sunny UK
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    wizzywig wrote: »
    I am trying to limit my time on the computer, and I am so behind, I'm up to P87 and I think we are now in the 90s but I'll do my best to catch up.

Viv from mild sunny UK

You're in January. :)

We're over here in Feb ...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10724050/women-ages-50-for-february-2019#latest