Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Men & Women in their 50s starting anew in 2019!

1454647484951»

Replies

• alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,201 Member Member Posts: 2,201 Member
    Hope you all do something fun in this weekend. I'm taking the dog on a long hike - and anyone else I can cajole into joining us!
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 9,417 Member Member Posts: 9,417 Member
    This title is a greater reality for me now. Getting further on with "in their 50s". Before you know it, our generation will be among the "old" people in their 60s and 70s.
  • timnsara617timnsara617 Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    I’m in need to lose weight for knee replacement surgery and need some motivation. Was doing good for awhile but got sick and got off track.
  • markcconradiemarkcconradie Member Posts: 10 Member Member Posts: 10 Member
    Hi, 51 this year, new to tracking calories, but need to lose 10 pounds and find MFP very useful. Not sure what my motivation is, maybe not being able to fit into last years surfing shorts has something to do with it. Anyway, started a lifting program at my local gym too which is fun, never lifted before, so that may help tighten up the sagging 50 year old muscles. Good luck to all.
  • truelight_photo_craigtruelight_photo_craig Member Posts: 374 Member Member Posts: 374 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm 58, had lost 115 pounds. Last spring I lost my wife to cancer, and stopped taking care of myself, gaining 40 pounds back. Its time to get back on track, and MFP was very helpful in my original journey.
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,066 Member Member Posts: 1,066 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm 58, had lost 115 pounds. Last spring I lost my wife to cancer, and stopped taking care of myself, gaining 40 pounds back. Its time to get back on track, and MFP was very helpful in my original journey.

Good luck with your journey, you have made the initial start!
  • zinnwithmezinnwithme Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    I hope everyone here is still active as I am all in. We need support in todays COVID 19 climate more then ever. I am here, I am strong. Lets do this!
    Naomi
  • tmbg1tmbg1 Member Posts: 578 Member Member Posts: 578 Member
    Yes we can!