Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

6 week challenge starting Mon 7th jan and ending Sunday 10th Feb with final update Monday 11th feb

ashley1401ashley1401 Posts: 503Member Member Posts: 503Member Member
After many successful set time challenges here is a new year 6 week challengestarting Monday.

If you wish to join please let me know your name, start weight, and weight how you plan to do it and why...

Start weight to be accurate on the day of update.

This is for those who wish to maib5ain, loose or gain
No judgement
Lots of support

Xx

Replies

• lesdarts180lesdarts180 Posts: 213Member Member Posts: 213Member Member
    I'm in again, thankyou.
    I seem to have negotiated the holiday season fairly successfully, just 57 kg at the start of this week.

I will post again on Monday with a goal and a plan.
  • Running2FitRunning2Fit Posts: 710Member Member Posts: 710Member Member
    I’ll join! I love challenges!

SW: 190
    CW: 147
    GW: 120

Plan: I’m doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred through January with some light runs during the week. At the start of February, I start focusing on running and training for my first half-marathon in September.
    edited January 4
  • bettina8037bettina8037 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    I'll join!

SW:155
    CW: 130
    GW: 120ish 😊

Plan: continue exercising 6 days/week, incorporating weights. Increase steps from 8000 to 10000. I think I have hit a mental road block at 130 because I'm so shocked I've gotten here, lol! Feels incredible! I don't want to lose steam for last 10lb so I am trying to stay accountable, hopefully I will reach ultimate goal weight in the next couple months!! Thanks all!
  • 3DCAKE3DCAKE Posts: 104Member Member Posts: 104Member Member
    Would love to join!

SW:201.6
    CW: 199
    GW: 170

Plan: concentrating mostly on eating healthy. I have always been good on my workouts but I really need to get my eating under control. I am taking pictures of everything I eat and I am also walking or some kind of 30 min cardio daily.
  • shardwilkshardwilk Posts: 39Member Member Posts: 39Member Member
    SW: 208 (March 2018)
    CW: 201
    GW: 140I

I lost 34 pounds last year and have almost gained it all back. :( I'm trying to get back to logging my meals on MFP to control my calorie intake, stopping the mindless snacking habit that I have gotten back into. Also hopefully getting back to walking 1-2 miles daily or at least every other day. Also get back to drinking my water goal each day.
  • DaniMerc72DaniMerc72 Posts: 163Member Member Posts: 163Member Member
    I'm in!

Starting Weight: 215lbs (January 2019)
    CW: 215lbs
    GW: 125lbs-130lbs
    Challenge Weight: 209lbs

Plan: Walk or do "walk at home" YouTube video every day, and at least 3 times per week either go to the gym or do some kind of strength workout at home. I am also going to increase my water intake, and be more mindful of what I am eating and when I am eating it. I am an emotional and boredom eater, so my biggest challenge is snacking!
  • SheltonMarchmanSheltonMarchman Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    I'm in !
    SW:351
    GW:325
    Plan: Back in the gym at my CURRENT level and try not to push myself too hard.
    cardio 5 days x30
    weights 4x
    HIIT 3
  • benn8895benn8895 Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    I'm definitely in!

SW:218
    CW:200
    GW:140
    Challenge goal:192

My goal isn't extreme because I want to do it safely and have it last. I will be incorporating more veggies into my diet and try to limit calories. I will also be starting Focus T25 on Monday which will be five days a week. I'm having surgery on my arm next Friday but nothing major so hopefully it won't affect my workouts.
  • leecha2014leecha2014 Posts: 392Member Member Posts: 392Member Member
    I would love to join, I’ve never been part of a challenge before.
    SW 267lb 2014
    CW 215lb - was 177 gained over past year :(
    GW- 155
    Challenge Goal: is 195lb

This is aggressive I know. I’m increasing my workouts, 45 min Bootcamp 3-4X per week, starting to run again 3X per week.
    Doing a 5 day juice cleanse end of Jan, only juice.
    During the last few days will eat dust and ice cubes if I need to!

• Jofitt14Jofitt14 Posts: 7Member Member Posts: 7Member Member
    I will give this a go, first time in a challenge.
    SW 50kg
    CW 49.6kg
    GW 44kg
    Challenge Goal 47.5

I am only 1.48 metres so excess weight is very obvious on my frame.
    I lost 5 kgs 2 years ago using mpf and have gained it all back so am giving it another go.
    I go away for 5 days on Monday so will have to work hard to stay on track for that time.
    Good luck everyone. :smile:
  • mim619mim619 Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    I'm in for a challenge!!!

SW: 215 (Jan 2018)
    CW: 183.4
    GW: 160

Challenge goal: 175
    I struggle to eat at a deficit for too long. Hence slow weight loss. I basically eat at a deficit for 1 month and maintenance the next. So 6 weeks straight will be a challenge in itself. Plan to stick to my 500 Cal deficit, eat at least 6 servings of fruits and veggies, workout 4 times per week minimum and eat 1/2 my exercise calories. If I can do this, 175 is a 24.9 BMI for me. Which is a goal I'd really like to see soon!!!
  • georgiastenger919georgiastenger919 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Georgia, 67yrs.

I'm having trouble getting started so I hope this will help me.

SW: 215
    CW: 190
    GW: 160

I am planning to walk and light yoga 3 x a week. I have back issues and losing weight I feel will help alleviate some of the pain.
    Cutting down on sugar to reduce inflammation and just have more energy .
    Looking forward to my first challenge.
  • kg188zfkg188zf Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    SW: 127 lb
    CW: 135 lb
    GW: 120 or less in general but likely 130 or under by the end of this challenge!

I exercise fairly frequently but I think my diet is really off balance and I often binge eat. I want to follow the calorie restriction set by my fitness pal to lose weight and seek a community to support me in making sure I do not lose sight of my goals!
  • cantillospcantillosp Posts: 5Member Member Posts: 5Member Member
    This is my first challenge and I need some accountability.

SW: 217
    CW: 200
    GW: 170

I am planning to go to the gym 4 times a week. I plan to do a cleanse for 10 days. I plan to log my calories in the app and eat low carb foods.
  • rimtorimgoalrimtorimgoal Posts: 103Member Member Posts: 103Member Member
    I'd like to join. I'll post on Monday.
  • ilovemyheartilovemyheart Posts: 15Member Member Posts: 15Member Member
    Me please! Starting over after a very long hiatus. Hoping to try keto clean see if it works for me. Also hoping to make some use of the gym membership I have :p
    Sw 265
    Cw 265
    Gw 170
  • CowgirlConnieMayCowgirlConnieMay Posts: 280Member Member Posts: 280Member Member
    I would love to join. This is my first challenge! I have fallen off the wagon for sure and need to set short term goals.

Starting weight: 165
    End of challenge goal: 158

I think I'll try low carb since sugar is my weakness. I also need to move more!!
  • methridgmethridg Posts: 50Member, Premium Member Posts: 50Member, Premium Member
    I would love to join! After losing 50lbs last year, I have gained back 15 and I am terrified of returning to the place I was. It was not a happy place and I feel that mentally I am the happiest I have ever been. Not willing to let my weight change that.

Original starting weight: 220 lbs!
    CW: 184
    GW: 155
    Challenge Weight: 174

I plan to incorporate walking hills and doing yoga (on or the other) at least 4 times a week. I am reducing my carb intake to 120g a day and I have cut out diet soda as of Friday. I am also going to cut out alcohol for the duration of the challenge. I like my wine but I also know it’s not good to have it so often.

Definitely need the accountability and support and would like to provide it back to others.

Melissa