Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

6 week challenge starting Mon 7th jan and ending Sunday 10th Feb with final update Monday 11th feb

Replies

• bettina8037bettina8037 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    Happy Monday all!

SW 155
    CW 127
    GW 120ish

Goals this week: 10,000 steps/day
    40+ minutes strength training/day
    Log daily, keep added sugars low (they trigger cravings)
  • Running2FitRunning2Fit Posts: 710Member Member Posts: 710Member Member
    Weekly Weigh-In
    SW: 190
    Challenge Goal: 138
    Ultimate Goal: 120 (maybe 115...I’m having trouble deciding!)

Jan 07 - 146.2

I woke up with a massive headache this morning so I’m currently drinking tons of water so hopefully it goes away before I go run. Plan for the day is a 2 mile run followed by JM 30 Day Shred. This is my first day doing a run and 30 DS, I hope it isn’t too killer!
  • zb786zb786 Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    Starting weight- 209lbs
    Current weight- 163lbs
    Goal weight- 147lbs

I lost weight by calorie counting alone no exercise starting in January 2018 I’ve been maintaining for the past 4-5 months but I’m ready to get my *kitten* back in gear and loose the rest I need too.

POA- Be strict with my calorie intake and incorporate some kind of exercise routine in too.

Please give me tips and motivation to loose the last lbs I need too x
  • stinabean83stinabean83 Posts: 131Member Member Posts: 131Member Member
    I'm in!!
    SW: 205lb
    CW: 195lb
    GW: 130lb

Challenge Goal: 185lb
    Goal Plan: No evening snacking (my usual enemy haha), limit alcohol to 1-2 a week, veggies with every meal, workouts 5x a week.

woohoo!! Let's do this!!
  • tatsabrattatsabrat Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    I would love to join!
    SW- 180 (2018)
    CW-175
    GW- 145

Goal plan: increase exercise, maintain or exceed 10k steps a day. I live on the Canadian prairies, so I find it hard to get outside and exercise more during the winter months. Also find it hard with the dark cold evenings to even find the motivation to exercise. However I have equipped myself with cross country skis and snowshoes and plan on doing more outside activities this winter 😬
  • DaniMerc72DaniMerc72 Posts: 159Member Member Posts: 159Member Member
    Hi! Is there an actual "group" or are we posting here?
  • daggers4daggers4 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Would love to join - never done a challenge before!

CW: 59.9kg
    GW: 51kg
    Challenge weight: 56kg

Plan: incorporate more strength training in the gym and back off too much cardio. Limit eating after dinner, and stick to calorie goal for the first time in ages (with the odd beer at weekends)
  • deepwoodsladydeepwoodslady Posts: 993Member Member Posts: 993Member Member

Female named Donna from the Midwest USA ….. 5’ 5” tall……. 58 years young.

145320379.png

“The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Highest Weight Ever: 253 (2014/2015)
    Original MFP starting Weight on this current journey: 235.0 (Jan 11, 2018)

Challenge Starting Weight: 183.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177.1
    Challenge Ending Weight: TBD

01/07: 183.6
    01/14:
    01/21:
    01/28:
    02/04:
    02/11:

Weight Lost so far during challenge:

Final Challenge Thoughts:
    edited January 7
  • deepwoodsladydeepwoodslady Posts: 993Member Member Posts: 993Member Member
    Whew I found you Ashley. Thanks for the guidance. Do you use your computer or a phone for mfp?
  • Monica1535Monica1535 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I'm in!
    CW:149
    GW:135

I'll be tracking what I eat and stay within my calorie goal and make sure to work out at least 30 minutes a day 5x a week. I'll also be reading "Lose it for Life" to help me gain self control over my eating habits. Super excited and eager to see results.
    edited January 8
  • runnergal555runnergal555 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I'm in! I have completely let myself go and have hit my highest weight ever :/

Starting Weight: ~140
    Challenge Weight: 134
    Goal Weight: 125

To achieve a 6 pound weight loss in 6 weeks, I will log my meals every day and run 4-5 times per week as well as attend one workout class per week.
  • car32loucar32lou Posts: 7Member Member Posts: 7Member Member
    DaniMerc72 wrote: »

^^^^ my question as well?
  • besmith11besmith11 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    car32lou wrote: »

Hi guys! So this is a challenge where you post here once a week--or more if you like. There is no FB page or group or anything like that.
  • DaniMerc72DaniMerc72 Posts: 159Member Member Posts: 159Member Member
    besmith11 wrote: »
    car32lou wrote: »

Hi guys! So this is a challenge where you post here once a week--or more if you like. There is no FB page or group or anything like that.

Thank you! I'll keep posting here!
    Starting Weight: 215lbs (January 2019)
    CW: 213.6lbs
    GW: 125lbs-130lbs
    Challenge Weight: 209lbs
    edited January 8
  • ksales507ksales507 Posts: 9Member, Premium Member Posts: 9Member, Premium Member
    I’ll join!
    SW/CW: 122
    GW:112
    Challenge goal: 119-119.5
    (I lose slowwwwwwly)

How: Tracking. Every. Little. Thing.
    Walking more and eating fruit instead of ‘bad’ snacks. Getting my family to eat more seafood-n-veggie dinners! Ha! And checking in here to stay motivated...

Any tips on how I can eat a piece of cake this month???
  • lucyhall006lucyhall006 Posts: 10Member, Premium Member Posts: 10Member, Premium Member
    If like to join please.

Current weight is 15st 2lbs (211 m9ns I think)

I am 10 weeks post pregnancy and have started walking daily and monitoring my food. I have also started an exercise class on mini [email protected]@
  • lesdarts180lesdarts180 Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    Welcome @ksales507 , I have eaten dessert twice already this month - baked cheesecake on Saturday evening (but I did about 30+ mins of disco dancing during the evening) - and more cheesecake at my mum's for Sunday lunch. Just plan ahead, and if possible check the calories beforehand. (my mum still had the box but I didn't check until after I had had two (small) portions! I did extra exercise on Saturday and Monday.
    I shall be having cake next month as it is my mum's 90th birthday and we are arranging a party. My daughter has volunteered to make cake!

I work on the principle that I can eat whatever I want but try to have small portions and log everything. You will learn what is worth "spending" calories on. Personally I avoid alcohol and sweet drinks - not worth the calories. But cake is worth it.
  • mibeansmibeans Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    I want to join also if it is still possible. I need two knees replaced and want to drop some weight before my first surgery which I hope they will do in April.

CW: 201.5
    GW: 160 (for the time being)
    Challenge weight 191 (Feb weigh in)

Going to get back to the Y to do water exercise and start riding my stationary bike while logging on MFP everything that goes in my mouth.;
  • ashley1401ashley1401 Posts: 495Member Member Posts: 495Member Member

Hi Dani, posting here. X
  • ashley1401ashley1401 Posts: 495Member Member Posts: 495Member Member
    Whew I found you Ashley. Thanks for the guidance. Do you use your computer or a phone for mfp?

My phone and it's a bloody nightmare 😂