Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

6 week challenge starting Mon 7th jan and ending Sunday 10th Feb with final update Monday 11th feb

Replies

• ashley1401ashley1401 Posts: 494Member Member Posts: 494Member Member
    mibeans wrote: »
    I want to join also if it is still possible. I need two knees replaced and want to drop some weight before my first surgery which I hope they will do in April.

CW: 201.5
    GW: 160 (for the time being)
    Challenge weight 191 (Feb weigh in)

Going to get back to the Y to do water exercise and start riding my stationary bike while logging on MFP everything that goes in my mouth.;

Of course it's ok welcome
    Welcome @ksales507 , I have eaten dessert twice already this month - baked cheesecake on Saturday evening (but I did about 30+ mins of disco dancing during the evening) - and more cheesecake at my mum's for Sunday lunch. Just plan ahead, and if possible check the calories beforehand. (my mum still had the box but I didn't check until after I had had two (small) portions! I did extra exercise on Saturday and Monday.
    I shall be having cake next month as it is my mum's 90th birthday and we are arranging a party. My daughter has volunteered to make cake!

I work on the principle that I can eat whatever I want but try to have small portions and log everything. You will learn what is worth "spending" calories on. Personally I avoid alcohol and sweet drinks - not worth the calories. But cake is worth it.

This is a good principle. Don't give up your favourite things ladies and gents... eat in moderation and counter act it. This is a balancing goal you can't live life not enjoying food x
    If like to join please.

Current weight is 15st 2lbs (211 m9ns I think)

How's that going with the pelvic floor muscles?? Lol
    Welcome to the group!
    ksales507 wrote: »
    I’ll join!
    SW/CW: 122
    GW:112
    Challenge goal: 119-119.5
    (I lose slowwwwwwly)

How: Tracking. Every. Little. Thing.
    Walking more and eating fruit instead of ‘bad’ snacks. Getting my family to eat more seafood-n-veggie dinners! Ha! And checking in here to stay motivated...

Any tips on how I can eat a piece of cake this month???

Have a small slice and make sure you counter act some of it with exercise or cut out something else you have which is naughty
    I'm in! I have completely let myself go and have hit my highest weight ever :/

Starting Weight: ~140
    Challenge Weight: 134
    Goal Weight: 125

To achieve a 6 pound weight loss in 6 weeks, I will log my meals every day and run 4-5 times per week as well as attend one workout class per week.

Sounds highly achievable. 🤞 for you. I am sure you will achieve this
    Female named Donna from the Midwest USA ….. 5’ 5” tall……. 58 years young.

145320379.png

“The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Highest Weight Ever: 253 (2014/2015)
    Original MFP starting Weight on this current journey: 235.0 (Jan 11, 2018)

Challenge Starting Weight: 183.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177.1
    Challenge Ending Weight: TBD

01/07: 183.6
    01/14:
    01/21:
    01/28:
    02/04:
    02/11:

Weight Lost so far during challenge:

Final Challenge Thoughts:

6lbs... you will do this!!!
  • v2finallyfitv2finallyfit Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    I’m in!
    SW:252
    CW:248
    GW:150
    Challenge weight: 238
    I’m coming in a day late but I’d love to get my results in!
    I plan to: Not binge eat; Eat more nutritious foods like greens, fruit, nut, oats etc opposed to more unhealthy food; Cut fast food to once or twice per week(usually eat out just about everyday); Get moving more by exercising more at home and at the gym; log my foods, water and exercise everyday; Drink only water and lots of it; Remember that I love myself and will always to strong 💪🏾!
    edited January 9
  • aek585aek585 Posts: 27Member Member Posts: 27Member Member
    A day late joining, but :smile:
    SW: 165
    CW:165
    GW: 125
    Challenge Goal: 157

I plan to continue getting 10K-15K steps per day. I also started Keto yesterday to see if that helps to kick start weight loss. I figure if nothing else, cutting out sugar is a plus in itself. Also, drinking 80oz of water per day.
  • kvansteenkvansteen Posts: 82Member Member Posts: 82Member Member
    First challenge

SW 165 (post baby)
    CW 148
    GW 135

End of challenge: 140

Eat NSNG for challenge and workout 3x or more/week. Plus 10000+ steps/day.

Three kids makes it hard some days.
    kvansteen wrote: »
    First challenge

SW 165 (post baby)
    CW 148
    GW 135

End of challenge: 140

Eat NSNG for challenge and workout 3x or more/week. Plus 10000+ steps/day.

Three kids makes it hard some days.

Oh yes kids do not make it easy for us... and sometimes neither do the partners...!!
    aek585 wrote: »
    A day late joining, but :smile:
    SW: 165
    CW:165
    GW: 125
    Challenge Goal: 157

I plan to continue getting 10K-15K steps per day. I also started Keto yesterday to see if that helps to kick start weight loss. I figure if nothing else, cutting out sugar is a plus in itself. Also, drinking 80oz of water per day.

I cut out sugar first, I went from tea with 2 sugars and lots of cola to no sugar in tea and sugar free Pepsi max. It made a huge huge difference
  • AllgaunAllgaun Posts: 115Member Member Posts: 115Member Member
    I'm late joining in but here goes
    SW: 213.6
    CW: 206.4
    GW: 140

Challenge weight: 195
  • besmith11besmith11 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    Had some news that was unsettling today. Was able to log my feelings about the issue rather than eat my feelings.

Body weight exercises are going better than I thought and are helping me process the news I received.

Had a nurse today look at me, back at my chart, then back at me again and was shocked she couldn't recognize me. It was kind of nice. 😊
  • maribelrovmaribelrov Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    If not too late I’d like to join.
    Cw 212
    Goal w 140
    6 week goal 190
    My plan Logging in every day. Exercise or walk 15-30mins a day. Breastfeeding and homeschooling five kids at home so pretty active
  • chryseislasaterchryseislasater Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    SW 141
    GW 125

I need to hit my daily goals, I’ve just started tracking and haven’t had many days I wasn’t over. I plan to eat within the limits, ease up on the wine, and do CrossFit or boot camp twice a week. I’m not sure how much I can lose, but we’ll see. I’m looking forward to reading your updates.
    edited January 10
    besmith11 wrote: »
    Had some news that was unsettling today. Was able to log my feelings about the issue rather than eat my feelings.

Body weight exercises are going better than I thought and are helping me process the news I received.

Had a nurse today look at me, back at my chart, then back at me again and was shocked she couldn't recognize me. It was kind of nice. 😊

Woohooooo to the nurse and recognition and not the unsettling news. Hope your ok x
  • Sirene58Sirene58 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    I would like to join, please. I hope it's not too late. I started my regime on Monday7th and it's going quite well so far. The plan is to follow the Michael Mosely 5:2 where I eat 800 calories on 2 days a week, Mediterranean style on the other days. I'm also walking at least 10000 steps a day (working in the garden, mostly) and a couple of swims per week (2km yesterday evening). Also, no alcohol during the week.
  • besmith11besmith11 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    @ashley1401 - Honestly I am not 100% sure I am right now. More tests are required but I got out of my own head by doing Leslie Sansone's Burn to the Beat walking video because it's in negative degrees outside.

I think I will know more in a couple of weeks but I do have some great support with my healthcare team and therapist. I may not be 100% okay tonight but I am alive and breathing. That is all I can ask for right now.
    besmith11 wrote: »
    @ashley1401 - Honestly I am not 100% sure I am right now. More tests are required but I got out of my own head by doing Leslie Sansone's Burn to the Beat walking video because it's in negative degrees outside.

I think I will know more in a couple of weeks but I do have some great support with my healthcare team and therapist. I may not be 100% okay tonight but I am alive and breathing. That is all I can ask for right now.

If you want someone chat to who will kust listen pm me x