Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

6 week challenge starting Mon 7th jan and ending Sunday 10th Feb with final update Monday 11th feb

Replies

• besmith11besmith11 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    Starting Weight: 260 - 118.18 kgs (January 2018)
    CW: 185.8 lbs. (84.45 kgs)
    GW: 140 (63.63 kgs)
    Challenge Weight: 179 (81.36 kgs)

Week 1 - January 12th: 184.6 (Loss of 1.2 lbs)

This is great because that means I am finally dialing into the appropriate amount of calories to lose 1 lb a week. I was able to do bodyweight exercises twice this week. Would like to up it to 3 but I am not going to beat myself up over 1 day.

I am preparing myself to be out of commission as far as exercise goes for a while so I have to get my way of eating down. Been making extra meals, freezing them, as well as including instructions for re-warming for hubby to just be able to do it for me while I am recuperating.
  • SomedayButtonsSomedayButtons Posts: 14Member Member Posts: 14Member Member
    Positive: I was consistent. I logged and I did my daily exercise.

Frustration: zero weight change. Was really hoping for a tiny data point of encouragement.

Plan: stay the course one more week then start increasing intensity of workout in a kind, not punitive way.
  • adam2bintaadam2binta Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I just love challenges and it help you in your motivation to reach your goal.
    Starting with 230 lb goal reaching 180 need to lose 2.5 weekly if possible and seems easy just need assistance
  • ashley1401ashley1401 Posts: 494Member Member Posts: 494Member Member
    How's week 1 been??I haven't budget on weight but I am happy. week 1 - I have ran 19km in week 2 - I hope to exceed 20km but it is hard finding the balance to do every day even with the run every day challenge in aid of Mind.

Birthday cake today as my daughter turns 7 but I finish work early enough to run before she finishes school so it balances out more 😂

Here's to positive week 2 for all x
    Positive: I was consistent. I logged and I did my daily exercise.

Frustration: zero weight change. Was really hoping for a tiny data point of encouragement.

Plan: stay the course one more week then start increasing intensity of workout in a kind, not punitive way.

Well done, still a great start for you!!
    besmith11 wrote: »
    Starting Weight: 260 - 118.18 kgs (January 2018)
    CW: 185.8 lbs. (84.45 kgs)
    GW: 140 (63.63 kgs)
    Challenge Weight: 179 (81.36 kgs)

Week 1 - January 12th: 184.6 (Loss of 1.2 lbs)

This is great because that means I am finally dialing into the appropriate amount of calories to lose 1 lb a week. I was able to do bodyweight exercises twice this week. Would like to up it to 3 but I am not going to beat myself up over 1 day.

I am preparing myself to be out of commission as far as exercise goes for a while so I have to get my way of eating down. Been making extra meals, freezing them, as well as including instructions for re-warming for hubby to just be able to do it for me while I am recuperating.

Great loss for you this week as you said itsbtge appropriate mix up. Xx
  • lesdarts180lesdarts180 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    Check – in
    07/01 55.5 kg
    14/01 50 kg
    Weight lost 0.5 kg (just over 1 lb)
    Happy with that, I have eaten out again over the weekend.
    The plan for this week includes the gym and some aerobic DVD at home. We are out for the day on Thursday – going to the theatre in Bath – and are intending to eat out at a Chinese buffet restaurant on the way home, so plenty of exercise is called for. At the moment we have no plans for the weekend so hope to counteract the Chinese meal by Monday morning.
  • rimtorimgoalrimtorimgoal Posts: 65Member Member Posts: 65Member Member
    Lost 2 pounds this past week! I logged my food the whole week, walked 5 days out of 7, drank my water every day, and no alcohol the whole week.
  • zb786zb786 Posts: 22Member Member Posts: 22Member Member
    Starting weight: 209lbs
    CW before challenge: 163lbs
    Goal weight: 147lbs

Week1 weight: 160lbs
    Total loss week 1: 2.2lbs

Another 2 lbs bite the dust 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

After having a good 4 months break on my weight loss journey but also maintaining and not regaining.
    A great loss for the 1st week back on!!
    Super happy with the loss as they say slowly but surely 😬😬
  • deepwoodsladydeepwoodslady Posts: 986Member Member Posts: 986Member Member
    Female named Donna from the Midwest USA ….. 5’ 5” tall……. 58 years young.

145320379.png

“The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Highest Weight Ever: 253 (2014/2015)
    Original MFP starting Weight on this current journey: 235.0 (Jan 11, 2018)

Challenge Starting Weight: 183.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 177.1
    Challenge Ending Weight: TBD

01/07: 183.6 Starting Weight
    01/14: 183.4 slow as molasses. It was so much easier when I was younger!

01/21:

01/28:

02/04:

02/11:

Weight Lost so far during challenge: 0.2 loss

Final Challenge Thoughts:
  • CowgirlConnieMayCowgirlConnieMay Posts: 185Member Member Posts: 185Member Member
    Ok week one done. I actually seemed to lose more because I gained weight over my birthday and then lost that lol. I exercised everyday and have been logging frequently.

Starting weight: 165
    Week 1: 164.2

Good job everyone for checking in 😊😊
  • ksales507ksales507 Posts: 9Member, Premium Member Posts: 9Member, Premium Member
    Monday Check in!
    SW: 122
    Week 1: 121.2
    Challenge Goal: 119-119.5

Top tip...

Just because the scales have not changed, it doesn't mean changes are not happening.
    Your clothes may suddenly feel looser
    Your shape may change
    Your skin may be clearer
    You may feel healthier

All part of the cycle never let what does or does not happen in the scales get you down.

I have maintained - but I feel I have likely built muscle on my legs after the last two weeks of running so this does not surprise me much!
  • bettina8037bettina8037 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    This has been a weird week with me and the scale. For the first time since I started losing 4 months ago I've had an upward trend over the week and have gained 2lb since last week. My guess is water weight or hormones but I'm not sure. I'm going to keep logging and see what this week brings!

SW: 155
    1/7: 127.2
    1/14: 129.2

Exercise wise I've been doing 40-50min of strength training every day and getting in 10,000 or more steps which was my goal. So that is good! Focusing on positives. Great job everyone!
    This has been a weird week with me and the scale. For the first time since I started losing 4 months ago I've had an upward trend over the week and have gained 2lb since last week. My guess is water weight or hormones but I'm not sure. I'm going to keep logging and see what this week brings!

Exercise wise I've been doing 40-50min of strength training every day and getting in 10,000 or more steps which was my goal. So that is good! Focusing on positives. Great job everyone!

Muscle build rather then weight loss maybe with the strength training??
  • Running2FitRunning2Fit Posts: 710Member Member Posts: 710Member Member
    Weekly Weigh-In
    SW: 190
    Challenge Goal: 138
    Ultimate Goal:120

Jan 07 - 146.2
    Jan 14 - 145.1

I’m definitely getting to the point in my weight loss where I can probably only expect to lose about 1 lb a week. It’s nice to lose more but since I’m only 25 lbs away from my goal probably not realistic. My challenge goal of 138 is probably not gonna happen but I’ll keep it the same and see how close I can get :)

My workouts this month are starting to get a little draining. Doing 30 Day Shred and keeping up with my running is really tough and exhausting. I want to stick it out through the end of the month because I set a goal and I want to reach it but I’m so looking forward to my training plan in February that has no days with two workouts!
  • joanreneepasjoanreneepas Posts: 85Member Member Posts: 85Member Member
    SW-156# (10/2016)
    Hit goal- 6/2016 -125#
    GW range: 125-130
    Today-133.4
    End of this challenge goal-128#
    Plan: stick to my daily calorie limit; drink more water and less creamered up coffee (that I love); continue to do mix of exercise 5-6 days a week (low impact cardio, weights and yoga).
    The “Why”- to feel great! Joan

Jan 14 weight-133.0
  • bettina8037bettina8037 Posts: 36Member Member Posts: 36Member Member
    ashley1401 wrote: »

Muscle build rather then weight loss maybe with the strength training??

I really hope so! I've increased my weights so that might be a part of it
    Today is not a good day, I have managed to lock myself out of my house and no way of getting in until my husband gets home when ever that may be.
    Also means I have no car- I was lucky I had my phone and bank card on me so I could get to work still!! Does mean I have no lunch and no car to get any do I am eating scraps of bad food I have hiding in my desk!!!
  • besmith11besmith11 Posts: 178Member Member Posts: 178Member Member
    ashley1401 wrote: »
    Today is not a good day, I have managed to lock myself out of my house and no way of getting in until my husband gets home when ever that may be.
    Also means I have no car- I was lucky I had my phone and bank card on me so I could get to work still!! Does mean I have no lunch and no car to get any do I am eating scraps of bad food I have hiding in my desk!!!

That sucks. Your saga must have traveled across the pond! Fell, did the splits on ice, and ripped my pants. Called my boss to let her know I would be running back home but found out my car keys are locked in the car. No extra set available until the end of the day.

I will laugh about this tomorrow though!